Someone Tell Me Again Why Buddy Traded Lynch...

cale

last year in the superbowl he ran 15 times for a whopping 39 yards. He'll fold again this year.

the guy is a loser and a thug. seattle is sick of him too. imagine percy harvin and lynch on your team. yikes.

the hawks will dump him this offseason.

Probably one win from guaranteeing the HOF if he's not there already. Already without question one if the five most significant RBs of the century.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year in the superbowl he ran 15 times for a whopping 39 yards. He'll fold again this year.

the guy is a loser and a thug. seattle is sick of him too. imagine percy harvin and lynch on your team. yikes.

I live in Seattle and can tell you that Lynch is much beloved by the fans here.

Pete Carroll seems to have a lot of respect for him too but who knows.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I know I know! Because he was a terrible GM and drafted CJ Spiller 9th overall with a young Lynch and Fred Jackson on the roster. Also passed on Russell Wilson for TJ Graham. Yea we pretty much gave Seattle their Super Bowl victory, maybe two.

I live in Seattle and can tell you that Lynch is much beloved by the fans here.

Pete Carroll seems to have a lot of respect for him too but who knows.

Of course they do, Seattle fans are not stupid. Lynch put the team on his back yesterday and was a big reason they won that game.

But saying that doesn't fuel the Lynch hate flames.

Probably one win from guaranteeing the HOF if he's not there already. Already without question one if the five most significant RBs of the century.

If he plays 5 more years (until he is 33) and gets 4K more yds and 20tds he would be top 10 all time in Rush yds and TD's.

Top 10 in both categories and 2 SB rings (If they win) would certainly get him in the discussion.

First game against the saints last year...140 yards and two 2 tds, second game against niners, 107 yards and a td. First game against car 59 yards, yesterday 157 yards and a td...oh and he ran for a td in last years superbowl. The guy elevates his play in the biggest situations.

If he plays 5 more years (until he is 33) and gets 4K more yds and 20tds he would be top 10 all time in Rush yds and TD's.

Top 10 in both categories and 2 SB rings (If they win) would certainly get him in the discussion.

Plus, he is probably the 2nd best back of this generation behind only Peterson. He has been consistent and a horse in an era where that doesn't exist. Running backs will be viewed against their contemporaries which will help his cause.

You obviously don't remember, because you would know that FJ outperformed Lynch while he was here. It's pretty clear you are looking at what Lynch has done in Seattle and assuming he was the same player here. Go watch some tape from 2009 and tell me who the better player was. I'll be waiting.

This is a very slective reading of history. Lynch was a near elite player in 2007-08. I base this not only on the stats, but on watching him play.

First game against the saints last year...140 yards and two 2 tds, second game against niners, 107 yards and a td. First game against car 59 yards, yesterday 157 yards and a td...oh and he ran for a td in last years superbowl. The guy elevates his play in the biggest situations.

What the poster also fails to mention is that Marshawn barely ran it in the second half because the game was over. Edited by dave mcbride

I recall rumors that drafting Lynch (and the 4th round RB from Fresno) were Ralph Wilson's doing, some would say meddling, since the GM should make those decisions.

We will never know for sure but I do recall the rumor.

There is SOME truth to this. The Bills had it narrowed down to Marshawn and Revis. There was some debate as to which guy should be the pick. At the end of the day they went with the point scorer.

The only reason Punkshawn Lynch is playing football at all is that his lawyers have been able to keep him out of jail. They continued his DUI for two years until the witnesses started forgetting details and contradicting earlier statements. They've also continued his assault arrest. If I'm the NFL, I drop the hammer on this punk when he finally does have to face the music. He may be a great running back NOW, but he fell off the cliff here and looked like crap his last season. If he stayed here, do you really think he would be playing as well as he is? Congratulations to him for figuring out football. Too bad he hasn't figured out life yet.

As far as Fred vs. Punkshawn, Fred has a higher YPC career wise, and Lynch only topped him in 2012, Fred's worst season ever, and this year when we had no O-line to speak of. Bottom line, if Fred had been able to get going earlier in his career, and had more carries, he would also be HOF material. Unfortunately, that won't happen because Fred was unlucky enough to be a Buffalo Bill.

If a Lynch-Jackson poll of all NFL defensive players and coaches was taken, I have a very strong hunch that zero of them would say that Jackson is the better player. And I love Fred.

It all begins with the offensive line.

OJ Simpson was garbage behind a bad offensive line. If the openings aren't there, it doesn't matter who is carrying the ball. The Bills over the last 12-15 years think you can build a top OL with journeymen and low draft picks and free agents. It doesn't work.

The Bills need to prioritize the OL and suddenly average RB's become stars and average QB's look good.

The OP may be too young to remember but way back in 2010 when we made the trade, it was blatantly obvious to anyone who watched Bills games that Lynch was the 3rd best running back on the team. No one was clamoring for Lynch to get more carries in that backfield. He was completely expendable so they traded him for a 4th round pick, which the way people talk about mid round draft picks on this website, was seen as a great deal at the time. If there can be any complaint by anyone, it's that the Bills could have MAYBE squeezed a third round pick from another team. Chris Hairston, for what it's worth, has not proven to suck, has been good enough to make the roster every year and in limited duty, has actually looked capable at tackle. Is Chris Hairston better than Marshawn Lynch? Of course not. But there is way too much revisionist's history going around here lately. Bottom line, at the time of the trade, it was a fine trade and no one was complaining about it. His heart clearly was not in it in Buffalo and he clearly decided to take it to another level Seattle. Who could have seen that coming? Besides the OP and half of you, of course.

Edited by metzelaars_lives