Rex: The last team I'll ever coach will be the Buffalo Bills

CodeMonkey

I like it. Smart to repair the wounds of being jilted by a douche like Marrone not only for the fans but also as a statement to prospective free agents. A Darrelle Revis kind of guy looking for a last stop of his own might be interested in hearing something like that.

If he succeeds he's going to be here a long time. If he fails he's a two time loser and no one will hire him for awhile and he will go into TV and be a star. The only way it's not his last gig is if he succeeds here for a few years and then fails for a lot of years, an exaggerated version of his Jet career and then he has to decide if he still wants to coach or go to TV and be a star. I don't see what happened with the Jets happening here though because of the Pegulas.

This comment has gotten a lot of play nationally. IMO he means that he wants to give it another try, he was good enough in ny to feel confident as a HC but didn't accomplish all he wanted. If he fails at it this time he's done as a HC in his mind. If he succeeds, he could retire as HC of the Bills.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Maybe that's a quote from when he was interviewing with other teams before he realized the only ones to call him back were the Pegulas?

If Marrone is still getting interviews . . . you really think that Rex wouldn't be getting interviews.

I like it. A franchise like ours that has had a lot of turmoil through the years needs someone to commit and let everyone know he's here to stay for the long haul and we are going to have some certainty at the head coaching position for years to come. I'm sure the players love that too. Marcel Dareus has run a different defense every single year he's been in the league. That has to be frustrating for the players to have to start over from scratch year in and year out. If we can take coach Ryan at his word then it sounds like he's going to put his all into this and this could be the start of something good

This experiment will either be an enormous success or a horrendous failure. There will be no in between with this, I think.

I've said it before: The Quarterback and Greg Roman will be the keys. We already know what we got on D.

That's how it is with Rex, all or nothing. Either the rise will be spectacular, or the crash and burn will be. He is already starting with his playoffs promise, It is sure to be a fun ride, no matter how it ends.