UFA offensive linemen we need to sign in free agency.

r henderson

My first pick is Derek Newton of the Houston Texans. He is the number 2 rated right tackle in the NFL according to PFF. My second pick is Clint Boling of the Cincinnati Bengals. Currently starting at left guard but played right guard in college majority of career at Georgia. Move Seantrel Henderson to left tackle and kick Cordy Glenn inside. We can sign both players at the same cost it would take to sign Mike Iupati. "Brilliant"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton and Boling are both excellent choices and both can swing to guard or tackle.

Newton, a RT, will draw the big contract as he is considered an up and coming star. Boling, a LG, will get a decent but not huge offer

as he sat out 2013 due to a knee injury but came back this year and played well. Iupati of the 49ers will be very expensive on the market.

If you move Cordy glenn to guard you better be ready to deal with a disgruntled player who will leave as soon as his contract allows him to. He wants to and deserves to be paid as a left tackle

I totally agree with this ^^^^!

The whole moving Glenn inside came from the moron Marrone, I'm guessing his offense required his better lineman inside for it to function. This is the only sense I can make of the reasoning behind it and why he was hell bent on running up the "A" gaps in his pop warner offensive scheme.

I like some of the FA's - OL identified here but I would also add OG's- Carpenter (Seattle) and Franklin (Denver)...big power road grader type of lineman for Roman's scheme.

Very close to elite LT's do not move to guard.

Henderson was barely adequate at RT and there is no evidence he can play LT.

Get one quality guard in FA - preferably one that can play back-up center. Let Pears walk.

Use the existing roster to battle or the other guard spot and the reserves.

I totally agree with this ^^^^!

The whole moving Glenn inside came from the moron Marrone, I'm guessing his offense required his better lineman inside for it to function. This is the only sense I can make of the reasoning behind it and why he was hell bent on running up the "A" gaps in his pop warner offensive scheme.

I like some of the FA's - OL identified here but I would also add OG's- Carpenter (Seattle) and Franklin (Denver)...big power road grader type of lineman for Roman's scheme.

Carpenter would be ideal!

I don't mean to jinx the Henderson kid, however he's a ticking time bomb...I'm not ready for him to be given one on the most important positions on the field, when he lacks consistency both on and off the field

Leave Glenn where he is. His 2014 did not hit the heights of his 2013 but he was still out best player on the O-Line and to be honest it wasn't really close. I think Iupati is going to get a huge deal on the open market. So many teams need help on the line and when a top ranked guy like that comes up there will be big competition to get him. I know we have decent cap space but I am really keen on trying to sign our own guys (Hughes, Searcy and extensions for Dareus and Glenn). I think we should target one of the best non-Iupati options and Boling definitely comes into that conversation. Then if a Willie Colon type wants to come and sign a reasonably priced 1 year deal then I take him too. Stick those guys either side of Eric Wood and hopefully his play improves as a result. Let Seantral continue to learn and come along at right tackle. I think we have something in him I really do. You thin probably keep Urbik for depth given his ability to play backup centre too, see if you can knock Richardson into shape in the offseason let Pears walk and cut Williams (because his back will never be right as much as anything). Then Hariston / Richardson are in competition with guys you draft or pickup as UDFAs.

If you move Cordy glenn to guard you better be ready to deal with a disgruntled player who will leave as soon as his contract allows him to. He wants to and deserves to be paid as a left tackle

Moving Cordy is stupid talk IMO. Garbage. Rather try seantrell inside.

Welcome to the 3rd annual offseason "move Glenn to OG" post...in disguise. No BRILLIANT...FOOLISH! Sign Boling and Iupati, regardless of price tag. Can't say it enough, the game is won at the line!

Cut ties with Spiller, then go out and get whomever Dallas can't afford between Murray and Bryant. If it's Bryant, go after Ingram for RB. If it's Murray, go after the best available WR to put opposite of Sammy...you're looking at an awesome crop of UFA WR this year.

Now, we don't have to sit around and wait for Spiller to "break out." Our OL if solid and you have another stud WR across from SW.

I think Cutler will end up being available...I know, but still a good stop gap...and draft a mid level QB with some size and a chip on his shoulder.

Easy...right!?

My first pick is Derek Newton of the Houston Texans. He is the number 2 rated right tackle in the NFL according to PFF. My second pick is Clint Boling of the Cincinnati Bengals. Currently starting at left guard but played right guard in college majority of career at Georgia. Move Seantrel Henderson to left tackle and kick Cordy Glenn inside. We can sign both players at the same cost it would take to sign Mike Iupati. "Brilliant"

Henderson played decently for a rookie at RT, and deserves a chance to hold down the spot. But he also struggled and made mistakes.

I don't see where he showed he deserves to displace Glenn at LT, who played very well when he had a decent guard next to him and especially, I think there was something "off" about the OL's scheme and/or how they were coached last year.

I would personally like to see us bring in 2 very good guards. Enough with this recycling tackles as guards. I'd be "in" with Boling, good guard..

Welcome to the 3rd annual offseason "move Glenn to OG" post...in disguise. No BRILLIANT...FOOLISH! Sign Boling and Iupati, regardless of price tag. Can't say it enough, the game is won at the line!

Cut ties with Spiller, then go out and get whomever Dallas can't afford between Murray and Bryant. If it's Bryant, go after Ingram for RB. If it's Murray, go after the best available WR to put opposite of Sammy...you're looking at an awesome crop of UFA WR this year.

Now, we don't have to sit around and wait for Spiller to "break out." Our OL if solid and you have another stud WR across from SW.

I think Cutler will end up being available...I know, but still a good stop gap...and draft a mid level QB with some size and a chip on his shoulder.

Easy...right!?

So you think we can afford Boling, Iupati, Bryant, Ingram and Cutler...... and that is before we get to re-signing our own (other than Spiller who you have said goes)..... nice thought.... but I am not sure we have that much cap space.

I wouldn't break the bank on a Guard. I am all for making the OL better, but Guards are just not worth the Big $.

Boling actually moved around quite a bit on the Georgia OL, playing every position except for C. I think he's a great player though, and is my #1 FA target.

Newton and Boling are both excellent choices and both can swing to guard or tackle.

Newton, a RT, will draw the big contract as he is considered an up and coming star. Boling, a LG, will get a decent but not huge offer

as he sat out 2013 due to a knee injury but came back this year and played well. Iupati of the 49ers will be very expensive on the market.

I don't think you're going to get both of those guys for under $8M/year (which is what Iupati will probably get reading the market). Good RTs get $5M/year and up (Gosder Cherilus got $7M/year). Boling is probably at least a $5M/year player--just an FYI, he didn't sit out 2013; he started 12 games that season, and has started 44 games in the last 3 regular seasons combined.

Not if you sign him to an extension now, and then move him to guard. It wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what they do, nor would it surprise me if they just leave him where he is.

Edited by thebandit27

Mike Iupati (age 28) and if not him I would say James Carpenter, Iupati obviously knows what Roman wants to do and Carpenter is a player on a power running line plus Carpenter is only 26. Colon is 32 I hope if he is brought in it is as a backup or to compete for the RG spot but one of the other guys needs to be brought in as starting LG. Henderson Wood and Glenn will look Like totally different players with a big time starting LG so the Bills do need to spend on a LG more than most teams. Even if they make a huge move at QB it will still require a huge move on the Oline.