Raiders hire DelRio; Niners to promote Tomsula to HC

YoloinOhio

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Del Rio will be a whole lot better then some here think he will be. The guy will build a really good defense, and a powerful ground and pound running attack.

Like lots of head coaches that fail as HC, and they fail because they cannot seem to find that franchise QB. It killed Rex Ryan too.

Imagine going 11-5 / 12-4 with Bryon Leftwich & David Garrard at QB :sick:

Del Rio has an excellent young QB In Derek Carr, and will fix the defense. He also has his old RB in MJD. I can see the Raiders improving greatly this year.

Dang stiffing Fangio, he is a brilliant DC

Yea, I thought the DC Vic would have gotten the job over D line coach Tomsula.

This should be good, as I gotta wonder how long Trent Baalke keeps his job after letting Harbaugh leave because he couldn't get along with him.

Looks like Marrone might get shut out. this year at least. He'll be back in the college ranks before long. Where he may belong. we shall see.

It's kind of way too late to get a decent college job for this coming season I would think. He's SOL. It will have to be a consultant. Too big a fall and risk to even take an OL job.

I've been along time supporter of Tomsula,in fact two years ago i wanted him foe Buffalo, but not this year just because this is no a good fit for neither.

A week ago told my brother(49ers fan) that the best for them is to promote Tomsula and bring back someone like Trestmant,i think he was OC in Marucci's era.

My only concern is that all other coaches are gone.

Del Rio isn't a bad hire (Decent job turning around the Jags which has been something a lot of coaches are having a hard time doing now, and he did a good job with Denver's defense). But he isn't a very good hire either. Just a run of the mill mid level defensive coach. They should have taken a risk on a more up and coming coach as opposed to Del Rio

Tim Horton's Donuts had a sign up for assistant manager. He can bring hackett with him to man the drive thru

I don't think Hackett would do well at the drive thru. Too MOTION and it would confuse him.

Franchise Hughes- trade him.

Pick #49 in 2015

2016 first rounder (hesitated here, I don't want to give up another 1st rounder for Ryan, but I don't think Atl. can sell to their fans getting rid of Ryan and not even getting a 1st rounder, reguardless of what other pieces they acquire.)

EJ Manuel

For-

Matt Ryan

2015 4th round pick.

I feel like I could live with that, and it could be a fair price. Maybe toss in a Goodwin if there's a mid-to-lower tier roster guy they happen to be attracted to.

I would do it.

Did anyone catch Tomsula's press conference? It was on in the car an hour or so ago and my god, it was utter nonsense. Irrelevant answers repeating the same erroneous mumbling over and over again. I've never heard anything quite like it.

did he say anything like, "I want winners!!!!"