Trade for Mike Glennon?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not terrible but he screams backup to me. He is Derek Anderson. Very limited and can make some throws. But he will always leave you wanting more.

Two QB's drafted the same year.

One has 29 TD's, 15 INT's in 18 games and a QB rating of 84 but unfortunately it's simply not happening for him.

The other one has 16 TD's, 12 INT's in 14 games, a QB rating of 79, way fewer yards, a way lower QBR, wasn't even that good in college and we're still optimistic.

Only in Bills land.

And so it begins...

Oh it hath begun.

Glennon might be a string bean but at times he throws a really good ball. He is capable of making all the throws question is whether consistently enough. He's like 6'7 or something like that. The thought of Glennon having enuf to really light it up with the skill position players at his disposal is not far fetched.

Two QB's drafted the same year.

One has 29 TD's, 15 INT's in 18 games and a QB rating of 84 but unfortunately it's simply not happening for him.

The other one has 16 TD's, 12 INT's in 14 games, a QB rating of 79, way fewer yards, a way lower QBR, wasn't even that good in college and we're still optimistic.

Only in Bills land.

Oh it hath begun.

anon it shall beith.

Its too late to switch up now.

let us pray

anon it shall beith.

Its too late to switch up now.

let us pray

Most likely it is too late, and we gotta just be positive with the guys we have but this would be a real game changer if it happened. There's no reason it couldn't happen because we have enough good depth to make key trades in order to get the guy, either with a mid round draft pick and getting rid of Cassel, or Cassel and a receiver while saving some money while we're at it. :/

I just don't get why Rex has never wanted a pocket passer presence in his offense. I think he is an excellent coach but I venture to say that if he had a guy like Glennon back in 2009 they would have won more games in the regular season and perhaps have gone to the Super Bowl. I really believe if he changed his thinking in this regard, he would turn into a coach that is almost impossible to beat. The real problem he had was he always had young mobile QBs making CRITICAL errors that either lost the game or changed the tone on the game. None of the guys on the roster have the skill level they should have vying for a starting spot. I say this listening to what the professionals are reporting. That being said, it's possible one of these guys will have a breakout season, it's just very unlikely.

It boggles my mind and I can't understand why as a coach, you wouldn't bring a different facet (young QB that displays pocket presence) to the table when there is so much uncertainty at the table. Cassel has achieved success and could have a resurgence in his career, but from what the scouts and analysts are saying, he's just not playing at that level anymore, and he is older. Why not bring a young guy who has that pocket presence, put up pretty acceptable numbers for having a worse offensive line than the bills and displayed less mobility at the QB position. I just ask myself if Ryan, Roman, and Whaley have something up their sleeves, because it seems key analysts and scouts are stating that these 3 guys just don't seem likely to become long term QBs in the league.

I am hoping that if EJ is the guy that he completes between 63-65% of his passes, 3800 yards, 23 TDS & 12 INTs. I would be happy with something like that. Thoughts?

Add a few INTs and you just described Fitz's last season as a Bill.

All this stuff being said, I've accepted who's involved and I am confident that one of these three clowns will emerge as semi competent. That being said, if anyone doesn't think that Glennon would be the odds on favorite to win this job, they are smoking crack cocaine. -drunk at a hippie bar in Denver

Edited by metzelaars_lives

All this stuff being said, I've accepted who's involved and I am confident that one of these three clowns will emerge as semi competent. That being said, if anyone doesn't think that Glennon would be the odds on favorite to win this job, they are smoking crack cocaine. -drunk at a hippie bar in Denver

pretty much. can't believe this team went all out for everything BUT the QB :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash:

Anyone have Jason Licht's phone number?

After reading Whaley's comments about not hesitating to bring in another QB If needed, I started to think this could happen. I wonder if they'd trade EJ for glennon. TB seems fully committed to Winston and EJ has been a mentor to Winston for years. I am rooting for EJ to succeed here but I don't know what they are thinking in the building. So just an interesting tie-in if they were to consider trading him.

After reading Whaley's comments about not hesitating to bring in another QB If needed, I started to think this could happen. I wonder if they'd trade EJ for glennon. TB seems fully committed to Winston and EJ has been a mentor to Winston for years. I am rooting for EJ to succeed here but I don't know what they are thinking in the building. So just an interesting tie-in if they were to consider trading him.

That part didn't even cross my mind but EJ & a WR, pick or DB maybe for Glennon?