Chan Gailey OC for the Jets?

Jobu

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my concerns. because i actually like Gailey is that, the Jets are an f'd up organization. Sure he know he might be stop gap. But still

I agree. He deserves a lot better. It's funny how some of these young guys like Gase and McDaniels luck into great QB situations. Gailey has never had that luxury and yet has had success.

Ah the AFCE.

Round and round it goes......Rex is fired from the Jets. Salvaged by the Bills. Chan dumped by the Bills, out of football completely. Salvaged by the Jets.

The Dolphins continue with hopeless Joe Philbin.

Parity....

I like Chan and all, but what does this say about the Jets that it appears they literally had to "coax" Gailey out of retirement to take that job? Did they really not think Trestman, Shanahan, or someone of that ilk would be a better choice?

I truly believe the AFCE is evolving into a two-horse race -- the Pats* and the improving Bills. The Fish will flounder (see what I did there?) in the 8-8 range as long as they stick with Mr. Milquetoast as their coach, and the Jets are close to rock bottom.

If Rex has hit on something with Roman and Cromer, and EJ (or another yet-to-be-named QB) steps up, 2015 could be a fun year...

I think Chan will do well initially at putting Percy Harvin, and probably CJ Spiller, to good use, but that the DCs in the league will figure out toot sweet what he's up to, and that will be the end of that.

The Jets have some talent. I think Chris Ivory is a really good player, a lot like Fred Jackson. Harvin is a talented head case. Nick Mangold is a very good O lineman. If they get a decent QB (Mariota?) Gailey could elevate them from trash to mediocrity in less than a year.

I think Chan will do well initially at putting Percy Harvin, and probably CJ Spiller, to good use, but that the DCs in the league will figure out toot sweet what he's up to, and that will be the end of that.

The Jets have some talent. I think Chris Ivory is a really good player, a lot like Fred Jackson. Harvin is a talented head case. Nick Mangold is a very good O lineman. If they get a decent QB (Mariota?) Gailey could elevate them from trash to mediocrity in less than a year.

i agree that he will help. I think Ivory is a better runner than FJ at this point in both of their careers. I think the CJ connection is a little overplayed at this point, but we shall see. I think they still have CJ2k under contract and a lot of other holes to fill. They really need to find a QB, maybe Mariota will be there at 6.

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 1h1 hour ago

The #Jets are hiring #Titans assistant receivers coach Kevin Patullo as their QB coach. He was with new #Jets OC Chan Gailey in Buffalo.

Oh snap Thigpen might be next! All those years and Chan could... well didn't care to find anyone better then Thigpen... God forbid Fitz had to fight for his starting job. Looks like it will be more of the same with the Jets. This will be OK by me though b.c I love watching other teams FAIL. Edited by Beef Jerky