OL Coach Candidates

Pat Morris is out. According the statistical gurus at Pro Football Focus, the Bills run blocking was ranked dead last in the NFL in 2014. That won't shock any Bills fans who say goodbye to Morris with minimal sorrow.

To replace him, the Bills are interviewing...

Chris Foerster. (Redskins OL Coach). Foerster's OL this past season was ranked 9th in pass blocking, 21st in run blocking - 12th overall. In 2013, Foerster's OL was ranked 5th overall.

Mike Solari. (49ers OL Coach). Solari's OL this past season was ranked 16th in pass blocking and 5th in run blocking - 9th overall. In 2013, Solari's OL was ranked 9th overall.

I'm not clear on why either guy is being allowed to interview for a lateral move. And I'm not sure if the Bills are interviewing anyone else for the position. Both guys have ties to Roman.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/158770/redskins-grant-bills-permission-to-interview-chris-foerster

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/3/

Edited by hondo in seattle

Most teams with Headless Coaching staffs let the rest of the former coach's staff do their own thing because there is no guarantee that the new head honcho will retrain any of them.

Both the 9ers and the Skins are headless at the mo.

Anyone know anything about either of these two guys?

Man, I would love to see Freddy and CJ have actual lanes to run through!

Most teams with Headless Coaching staffs let the rest of the former coach's staff do their own thing because there is no guarantee that the new head honcho will retrain any of them.

Good point.

Did I miss something - Did the skins fire Gruden?

There was a blurb a couple days ago that the Bills were interested in talking to Bill Callahan, the OL coach of the Cowboys. They just re-signed Garrett today but it's unknown which of the assistants are coming back. Six teams are allegedly interested in Callahan, who is a great OL coach.

Wait, the Bills ARE interviewing Solari? I hadn't seen any reports indicating that the Bills received permission to interview him.

I believe that we were granted permission to talk to him, but he is waiting to find out what the 49ers are going to do for HC before he negotiates with the Bills.

There was a blurb a couple days ago that the Bills were interested in talking to Bill Callahan, the OL coach of the Cowboys. They just re-signed Garrett today but it's unknown which of the assistants are coming back. Six teams are allegedly interested in Callahan, who is a great OL coach.

I believe that we were granted permission to talk to him, but he is waiting to find out what the 49ers are going to do for HC before he negotiates with the Bills.

Callahan would be big, if hired. Has ties to Rex as well.

I just talked to Foersters son. Apparently Chris is Romans choice for OC but if Rex wants someone else than he'll follow Gase wherever he ends up.

I've been told it's going to be Chris Forester, and it's an outstanding hire.

No offense you guys but who are you and how are you getting these connections before the media is?