ESPN's Rich Cimini Blasts Bills/Ryan

Fadingpain

If you didn't hear it live, go to WGR550.com and listen to the segment from Rich Cimini (ESPN NEW YORK) commenting on the Rex Ryan hire.

He was strong in his comments.

I am paraphrasing here, but among his comments:

Can't believe the Bills just paid $5.5 million per year for a career below .500 coach

Rex Ryan is who he is: a below .500 career coach

Rex Ryan has blind spot for offense

The Bills offense will remain mediocre with Ryan as head coach

Ryan went through three OCs at the Jets of all types, styles and schools...none worked

The Bills defense will be very good, but it already was very good; that doesn't explain the Ryan hiring

Remove Ryan's charm and ability to control the media and his "big name and personality" created from all the media attention he has received over the years, and you are left with a below .500 coach

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh lookie

ch Cimini (@RichCimini) | Twitter - Welcome to Twitter...

twitter.com/RichCimini Cached

The latest Tweets from Rich Cimini (@RichCimini). ESPN NFL Nation reporter Rich Cimini covers the New York Jets. He roots, often unabashedly, for the Syracuse Orange

To be honest, this guy Cimini comes across like a Jets fan who has some type of personal vendetta with Ryan.

He was just incredibly biased and negative in his comments.

"I'm surprised he took the job, just based on the QB situation. The Bills will not have a good offense...their offense will be nothing better than mediocre."

"[Ryan] manages the game like a defensive coordinator."

"He doesn't look at the big picture; they [Jets] never established an identity on offense."

"The head coach establishes the identity and the Jets never had one."

It goes on and on....

-Rich Cimini

Edited by Stopthepain

He said that he was saddled with terrible quarterbacks, that his team was great when they had Revis and he was vehemently against the trading of Revis, and then they let go of Cromartie which is when the team went down, and that they didn't have a great roster, but put the blame on him anyway.

"I'm surprised he took the job, just based on the QB situation. The Bills will not have a good offense...their offense will be nothing better than mediocre."

-Rich Cimini

he's freaking jealous!!! the Bills defeated the JETS by what? 50 - 60 total points?

43 to 23 and 38 to 3 ------- 81 to 26

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

"[Ryan] manages the game like a defensive coordinator."

"He doesn't look at the big picture; they [Jets] never established an identity on offense."

"The head coach establishes the identity and the Jets never had one."

It goes on and on....

-Rich Cimini

I think everyone has this fear, which is why they announced the possible OC early.

If you didn't hear it live, go to WGR550.com and listen to the segment from Rich Cimini (ESPN NEW YORK) commenting on the Rex Ryan hire.

He was strong in his comments.

I am paraphrasing here, but among his comments:

Can't believe the Bills just paid $5.5 million per year for a career below .500 coach

Rex Ryan is who he is: a below .500 career coach

Rex Ryan has blind spot for offense

The Bills offense will remain mediocre with Ryan as head coach

Ryan went through three OCs at the Jets of all types, styles and schools...none worked

The Bills defense will be very good, but it already was very good; that doesn't explain the Ryan hiring

Remove Ryan's charm and ability to control the media and his "big name and personality" created from all the media attention he has received over the years, and you are left with a below .500 coach

So was Marrone. But it's a trade up... From a .469 coach to a .479 coach.

By the way belli was .427 before Tommy walzed into his life.

Just one luck 6th rounder away from perennial dominance

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

So was Marrone. But it's a trade up... From a .469 coach to a .479 coach.

By the way belli was .427 before Tommy walzed into his life.

.469 to .479 eh? I'll take it.

Without question, this is a coaching trade up. It has to be.