Cheatriot at it again

Mij yllek

To me, its deception, a bit cowardly, and altered the result of the game which was going to be won by the better team. Its like Bill Belichick is Dick Dastardly and Brady is Muttley the dog. Im sick of them. Sick of these stupid tricks that keep them going to AFC Championship games and Superbowls. I really want them and their ugly elvis-head uniforms to go away.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better does not equal cheating. The Patriots are just better than most. They have been better than most for well over a decade. They don't need to cheat.

and yet ....... they walk that line so well that when they do cross it they get the benefit of the doubt.

From what I heard ....

the argument here is that there wasn't a clear enough announcement of the alignment to allow the D to adjust properly.

What some may have thought was an Illegal formation was announced to the refs in under 5 seconds from the snap of the ball.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

and yet ....... they walk that line so well that when they do cross it they get the benefit of the doubt.

From what I heard ....

the argument here is that there wasn't a clear enough announcement of the alignment to allow the D to adjust properly.

What some may have thought was an Illegal formation was announced to the refs in under 5 seconds from the snap of the ball.

Like Brady said ... study the rule book. Patriots work harder, in my opinion, than any other team in football. They play smarter; they play more consistently; and they execute better than most teams.

I can only hope the Bills someday "get it," and work that hard at winning. It obviously works.

Like Brady said ... study the rule book. Patriots work harder, in my opinion, than any other team in football. They play smarter; they play more consistently; and they execute better than most teams.

I can only hope the Bills someday "get it," and work that hard at winning. It obviously works.

Agree 100%..

There's a big difference between working hard at winning and devoting full attention to solid execution, and doing that plus scouring every single loophole and trick to get a competitive edge. You deal with people like Belichick often in every day interactions. And usually you want to take a shower after talking to them. That's what the Patriots* are.

They're a hard working efficient sleaze machine. Not illegal. But also not on the up and up. Hence the eternal *

Like Brady said ... study the rule book.

And THAT is another reason why I very much dislike the Cheatriots. LOUSY winners as well as losers.

Was the Tuck rule in the books? Was the hitting a QB low rule in the books?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

From what I heard ....

by the very formation, vereen would be ineligible, and you could ignore him, if you were sharp. if he goes out its a penalty. almost like treating an offside as a free play, a team coached up to this situationally will know hes essentially a non player and you can go 11-10. leave him totally uncovered and rush an extra guy against a 4 man line.

thats the answer to the play, and the risk that the pats gambled and won taking.

To me, its deception, a bit cowardly, and altered the result of the game which was going to be won by the better team. Its like Bill Belichick is Dick Dastardly and Brady is Muttley the dog. Im sick of them. Sick of these stupid tricks that keep them going to AFC Championship games and Superbowls. I really want them and their ugly elvis-head uniforms to go away.

Wrong. It was NE's first possession of the second half and they were down by 2 TDs. The play in question was a 2nd and 6. What "altered the result" of that drive was the unsportsmanlike on Harbaugh who, having just been totally outcoached, chose to scream at the refs instead of calling a timeout. That gave them first and goal on the 5.

The Ravens coughed 2 14 point leads in this game.

From what I heard ....

You heard wrong. See OJ's glove's post.

Better does not equal cheating. The Patriots are just better than most. They have been better than most for well over a decade. They don't need to cheat.

"Don't need to" does not equal "doesn't", as their history shows.

kj

And THAT is another reason why I very much dislike the Cheatriots. LOUSY winners as well as losers.

Was the Tuck rule in the books? Was the hitting a QB low rule in the books?

You're talking about refereeing; not playing football.

by the very formation, vereen would be ineligible, and you could ignore him, if you were sharp. if he goes out its a penalty. almost like treating an offside as a free play, a team coached up to this situationally will know hes essentially a non player and you can go 11-10. leave him totally uncovered and rush an extra guy against a 4 man line.

thats the answer to the play, and the risk that the pats gambled and won taking.

Except there was no way for the defense to know if he'd line up at the LOS or behind until he actually did it, about 1 second before the snap.

The fact is that every team could do this on every play and it would be unstoppable and the game of football would suck.

Next year something will close this loophole. What they did was to the letter of the law and not to the spirit of the law. Technically it is fine but they played to a weakness in the rules of the game, not a weakness of the opponent.

And I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but let's face it, they should not be NFL officials. They did not understand what the Pats were doing until it was too late for BMore to defend it.

Prediction:

Their variation on this next week is that Vereen does the same thing at the snap but on the weak side, hustles back and take a lateral from Brady. He can then throw or run. Brady may be under center for this play.

Didn't see the game, but yes I would. Much like the WC (which it may have been) is a gimmick

if you have to resort to trickery...... then you must have been lacking

So when the Bills run the same exact play, which the did on a few occasions this year, does it piss you off?

There's a big difference between working hard at winning and devoting full attention to solid execution, and doing that plus scouring every single loophole and trick to get a competitive edge. You deal with people like Belichick often in every day interactions. And usually you want to take a shower after talking to them. That's what the Patriots* are.

They're a hard working efficient sleaze machine. Not illegal. But also not on the up and up. Hence the eternal *

100%

No titles since Spy Gate. They're the beneficiaries of a weak division (over their run) and Bellicheat continually moving the goalposts of football ethics to suit his team. I can't wait to watch the Seahawks smoke the *pats in a few weeks... If Luck doesn't do the job beforehand.

!@#$ the *pats. Their time is over.

Didn't see the game, but yes I would. Much like the WC (which it may have been) is a gimmick

if you have to resort to trickery...... then you must have been lacking

simply stated.

No matter who the team is

I guess since you didn't see the game, you must really know what you're taking about.

It was genius coaching, plain and simple. The Pats have run that quick pass to the WR hundreds of times ... Edelman made it look like he was going to run, pulled up, and launched a strike. That's not trickery -- that's just great coaching.

Come on, Bills Fans, this is ridiculous. The Bills should learn something from the Pats here. I'm a huge Bills fan -- but Harrison knocks down one ball, and Welker halls in another pass, Brady would be 5-0 in Superbowls. The videotaping had nothing to do with their success. Of course, if you want to believe that it did to make you feel better about the Bills, then go right ahead.