Cheatriot at it again

Mij yllek

100%

No titles since Spy Gate. They're the beneficiaries of a weak division (over their run) and Bellicheat continually moving the goalposts of football ethics to suit his team. I can't wait to watch the Seahawks smoke the *pats in a few weeks... If Luck doesn't do the job beforehand.

!@#$ the *pats. Their time is over.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I guess since you didn't see the game, you must really know what you're taking about.

It was genius coaching, plain and simple. The Pats have run that quick pass to the WR hundreds of times ... Edelman made it look like he was going to run, pulled up, and launched a strike. That's not trickery -- that's just great coaching.

Come on, Bills Fans, this is ridiculous. The Bills should learn something from the Pats here. I'm a huge Bills fan -- but Harrison knocks down one ball, and Welker halls in another pass, Brady would be 5-0 in Superbowls. The videotaping had nothing to do with their success. Of course, if you want to believe that it did to make you feel better about the Bills, then go right ahead.

and so was the Music City Miracle. coaching genius

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100%

No titles since Spy Gate. They're the beneficiaries of a weak division (over their run) and Bellicheat continually moving the goalposts of football ethics to suit his team. I can't wait to watch the Seahawks smoke the *pats in a few weeks... If Luck doesn't do the job beforehand.

!@#$ the *pats. Their time is over.

Only 2 Superbowl appearances, both of which they would have won but for freak plays. And 18 wins in a season. Maybe if the Bills could do anything right, they would have made the playoffs since "spygate."

Man up, be a fan. Stop whining. They are just a better team. The Bills need to get better.

Edited by DC Bills Fan

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and so was the Music City Miracle. coaching genius

It actually was. They counted on the Bills to be undisciplined, drew them to one side of the field, and then the Bills fell apart. Great coaching.

The Bills could have avoided that by kicking deep or out of bounds, but the Flutie curse was in full force at that point.

It actually was. They counted on the Bills to be undisciplined, drew them to one side of the field, and then the Bills fell apart. Great coaching.

The Bills could have avoided that by kicking deep or out of bounds, but the Flutie curse was in full force at that point.

It was a forward pass. Great coaching call, poor execution, terrible officiating.

Except there was no way for the defense to know if he'd line up at the LOS or behind until he actually did it, about 1 second before the snap.

minus reports that the refs properly signaled the ineligibility, word that it was announced over the PA, etc....

are you proposing that the refs should hold the ball for any declared eligible/ineligible play for like 15 seconds while the defense re-sets? If they split a tackle wide to block a WR screen would you be up in arms that the defense didnt have time to change their plan?

its defendable, the defense just has to have a plan and baltimore didnt.

Did I say I was pissed off?

Did I not say ... "No matter who the team is"?

No, you didn't.

Yes, you did.

My point is that too many people (mostly Bills fans, it seems) just blindly hate BB, Brady and the Pats, without giving them any credit for simply being a superior football team/organization. I get the hatred. I hate them, too. But I find it pretty easy to see that they've been one of the best teams in football every year since Brady became the starter. It's not cheating. It's working harder and being better and smarter.

Sure. Take your meds, man. I'm a Bills fan, but I respect the way the Pats play. And win.

So I guess Jim Kelly was no good either. He didn't win a SB, did he?

I can't respect a team that cheats to the extent the league has to burn evidence to keep their dynasty in tact. I can't respect a head coach that consistently moves the goal posts of ethics to better suit his personal needs -- in both football and his personal life. I can't respect a team that is led by Brady, who might be the best QB ever to play the game but is one of the worst winners and worst losers in the history of sports.

This isn't about the Bills. It's about the *pats. And since they got busted cheating, they haven't won. And the success they've had has been largely due to playing in a piss poor AFC East for a decade and Brady.

Both of those things are about to be over.

No, you didn't.

Yes, you did.

My point is that too many people (mostly Bills fans, it seems) just blindly hate BB, Brady and the Pats, without giving them any credit for simply being a superior football team/organization. I get the hatred. I hate them, too. But I find it pretty easy to see that they've been one of the best teams in football every year since Brady became the starter. It's not cheating. It's working harder and being better and smarter.

Oh I give them some credit.

But since SpyGate...... they don't deserve it in my book.

season after season something new shady pops up. call it genius or bending the rules. Why is it so few other great teams do it? or should I sat don't do it?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I can't respect a team that cheats to the extent the league has to burn evidence to keep their dynasty in tact. I can't respect a head coach that consistently moves the goal posts of ethics to better suit his personal needs -- in both football and his personal life. I can't respect a team that is led by Brady, who might be the best QB ever to play the game but is one of the worst winners and worst losers in the history of sports.

This isn't about the Bills. It's about the *pats. And since they got busted cheating, they haven't won. And the success they've had has been largely due to playing in a piss poor AFC East for a decade and Brady.

Both of those things are about to be over.

I think I've got it ... so "winning" to you means that you have to win a SB. Not win the AFC East 6 years in a row. Or consistently go to the AFC championship game. Or have a perfect season lost based on a couple of fluke plays?

So the Bills SB teams weren't any good. ... Marino wasn't any good. Nope. They didn't win a SB.

It is amazing what losing has done to Bills Fans.

Pats fan here (I initially stopped in to read Rex reactions, but I saw this thread).

Peter King in his MMQB article clearly states that on all three plays in question, there was between 7 and 10 seconds from the time of the PA announcement to when the ball is snapped.

I'm not sure what other benefit a defense is deserving of against a trick play.

I think I've got it ... so "winning" to you means that you have to win a SB. Not win the AFC East 6 years in a row. Or consistently go to the AFC championship game. Or have a perfect season lost based on a couple of fluke plays?

So the Bills SB teams weren't any good. ... Marino wasn't any good. Nope. They didn't win a SB.

a lot of "good" teams don't win the SB. Again .... how many other "good" teams have to rely of trickery year in and year out?

How many teams also relied on the Refs creating rules to help them win?

Not many.

Pats fan here (I initially stopped in to read Rex reactions, but I saw this thread).

Peter King in his MMQB article clearly states that on all three plays in question, there was between 7 and 10 seconds from the time of the PA announcement to when the ball is snapped.

I'm not sure what other benefit a defense is deserving of against a trick play.

if your going to let facts get in the way of a good story, you may be asked to go back to your own forum (laffin)

"Winning" to me is irrelevant. "Winning" to Bellicheat is qualified only as winning a Super Bowl. It's been a decade since they've accomplished that goal. And it correlates precisely to when SpyGate broke. That might be a coincidence, and I'm not denying in any way that the *pats aren't talented, or Brady/Bellicheat aren't in the upper echelons of their respective positions in football history.

But the facts are clear. The *pats win dirty. And "winning" is all they care about, so much so they repeatedly flout the rules -- written or unwritten -- in their effort to win rings.

So yeah, winning isn't enough for the *pat way, it's about Super Bowls. And on that measure, they've failed for over a decade.

unwritten rules, spirit of the game, winning dirty.....horse poo

best coach in the history of the NFL

best qb in the history of the NFL.

best franchise of last decade. won division 12 of last 14 years.

if all this happened to the bills, you guys would be loving it.

haters gonna hate.

Over the years NE has found a lot of loop holes. some to the point the league has to change a rule or modify it. And Tom Brady is right read the rule book! But he did not say find loop holes in the rules. and what is sad is they move on not because there a great team as everyone of there fans an most of the media would lead you to believe. They got outplayed an they knew it!! Most anybody can win on a uneven playing field. Watch out Colts I don't think they have played all there cards yet!!! I think NE falls nothing short of finding new ways to use rule book against you.. I hate NE always have!! I am hoping Sexy Rexy reads the rule book an then flat beats them next year. I also wonder if they don't make SB if there might be a house cleaning in NE Just a thought.

unwritten rules, spirit of the game, winning dirty.....horse poo

best coach in the history of the NFL

best qb in the history of the NFL.

best franchise of last decade. won division 12 of last 14 years.

if all this happened to the bills, you guys would be loving it.

haters gonna hate.

True, but it's not the Bills. It's a division rival.

And no championship in over a decade. None coming this year either. Their run is done.

a lot of "good" teams don't win the SB. Again .... how many other "good" teams have to rely of trickery year in and year out?

How many teams also relied on the Refs creating rules to help them win?

Not many.

Um, pretty much all teams rely on trickery. So I guess defenses shouldn't move or shift. A QB shouldn't use a hard count. The entire game is based on misdirection and trying to hide what you are trying to do!

Just wondering -- how have the Pats "relied on the Refs creating rules to help them win?" The tuck rule was changed after that season ... What else you got? And the videotaping rule was changed after they were "caught"? Recall they lost a 1st round draft pick AND STILL CONTINUED TO WIN!!!

Game, set, match.

Losing sucks, but don't be so jealous of a successful organization.

I wish the Bills were like the Pats. Would be nice to see them actually win a meaningful game every once in a while.

Over the years NE has found a lot of loop holes. some to the point the league has to change a rule or modify it. And Tom Brady is right read the rule book! But he did not say find loop holes in the rules. and what is sad is they move on not because there a great team as everyone of there fans an most of the media would lead you to believe. They got outplayed an they knew it!! Most anybody can win on a uneven playing field. Watch out Colts I don't think they have played all there cards yet!!! I think NE falls nothing short of finding new ways to use rule book against you.. I hate NE always have!! I am hoping Sexy Rexy reads the rule book an then flat beats them next year. I also wonder if they don't make SB if there might be a house cleaning in NE Just a thought.

House cleaning? Really? That makes a lot of sense.

Wishful thinking?

The refs !@#$ed this up by not allowing the defense to know who is ineligible. Pats are smart everyone is dumb.

The refs !@#$ed this up by not allowing the defense to know who is ineligible. Pats are smart everyone is dumb.

Other teams have used that exact play so not like they invented it.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Other teams have used that exact play so not like they invented it.

You can post this 1000 times, yet it will be no less false than it is now.

The refs announced the ineligiblity.

People are letting their hatred for the Patriots cloud their judgment. This was a genius move by Belichick. I hate him, but that was Brilliant and LEGAL. Wish our coaches would have think about it.

Actually he might not be all that. The Detroit Lions ran a similar trick formation earlier this year. In their case it failed badly. The Vikings D decided to take full advantage of them having only 4 blockers and sacked Stafford immediately.

The Ravens should not have been fooled every time. That was a breakdown on their part.

I won't be surprised if there is a rule clarification next year where announcing the ineligible player, lining up, and snapping the ball can't be done at bang-bang speed. For much the same reasons you can't have 18 players in the huddle and have 7 of them run off the field (based on which defensive personnel are spellbound trying to figure out what's happening) and in the same fire-drill scramble have your 11 line up and instantly snap the ball.

"Legal," yes. In that it was within the rules.

But it was also a use of the rules in a manner in which they weren't intended to be used. It wasn't "playing the game" as much as it was "gaming the system." And that's cheating.

I am going to be slathered here. but.

is not the game about pushing the limits of the rules?

Hell yes it is. the players do it every single play at nearly every position. Just watch the trenches for a couple plays. But even better notice how the Seahawks pushed the calling of Defensive pass interference to its limits. And this past year all the hullabaloo about Refs watching it closer and calling it more often/quickly.

The corners around the league were adjusting. Because the Seahawks abused the Rule all year !

Thats the game. Dont be a hater DC. It may not be right and its certainly not saintly. But it worked.

Bill is a genius. That was awesome.

and the refs drug their feet letting the defense get enough time before the snap. Thats an issue maybe ?

i still loathe him.

Hoping Rex hates him as much as we do

I am going to be slathered here. but.

is not the game about pushing the limits of the rules?

Hell yes it is. the players do it every single play at nearly every position. Just watch the trenches for a couple plays. But even better notice how the Seahawks pushed the calling of Defensive pass interference to its limits. And this past year all the hullabaloo about Refs watching it closer and calling it more often/quickly.

The corners around the league were adjusting. Because the Seahawks abused the Rule all year !

Thats the game. Dont be a hater DC. It may not be right and its certainly not saintly. But it worked.

Bill is a genius. That was awesome.

and the refs drug their feet letting the defense get enough time before the snap. Thats an issue maybe ?

i still loathe him.

Hoping Rex hates him as much as we do

Was he a genius when they blocked the Dolphins kick?

The home press expresses doubt.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/12/report_dolphins_believe_patriots_used_illegal_form.html

Section 1, Article 3(b) is unambiguous. And there is clearly 7 players on the right side of the formation.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/12_2013_Scrimmage_Kick.pdf

Maybe boston.com should "read the rule book". B-)

Have no doubt i would be very pleased to find out that Bill had stepped over the line and was taken to task by the NFL!

But he is still one smart cookie. Hey one of his flunkies probably came up with the idea. But it was effective against the Ravens and thats the end result.

b b was quoted saying he announced it to the refs before hand. if the Refs handled the play poorly thats a whole nother ball of twine brother : )