Who was the last Bills HC to...

eball

...look like he was actually having fun out there?

Seriously...I have stated many times that I don't care for Pete Carroll, but you know what? His enthusiasm and positive attitude are infectious. When I see head coaches who actually smile/laugh/cheer on the sideline, I know they're enjoying what they do and that likely rubs off on their staffs and players.

Is that a guaranteed formula for winning? Of course not -- one can be optimistic and clueless. Similarly, one can be a curmudgeon and incredibly successful (Belichick).

Take Marrone -- the guy always looked like he needed to unleash a tremendous dump at any moment. Negative energy out the yin-yang.

Find me a HC candidate who (a) has an excellent plan; and (b) exudes enthusiasm and positive energy.

Part (b) should not be discounted.

I couldn't care less if the HC looks like he's having fun or not. I'd take Bud Carson on the side lines if he could get us to the playoffs.

Did Bill Walsh or Chuck Noll or Tom Landry ever look like they were having fun on the sidelines? Yet these 3 guys won 20% of all SBs.

Look at the difference in Wade vs Marrone Jauron Mularkey. It's night and day when it comes to their attitude and demeanor.

You could probably make an argument for either side for Chan, but I'd personally put him in the positive bucket.

Look at the difference in Wade vs Marrone Jauron Mularkey. It's night and day when it comes to their attitude and demeanor.You could probably make an argument for either side for Chan, but I'd personally put him in the positive bucket.

This. Edited by Peter

Why isn't Perry a candidate? He was a darn good interim coach for us and has a Super Bowl ring, something the Seahawks coaches proponents say is good to have.

Rex has one too BTW.

His D has stunk it up the last three years in Jintsland.

They're thinking of bringing Spagnola back.

i'd go with Wade, but since then, i think our HC's emotional state is best described by our old Coach Saban's famous "they're killin me" line. it's hard to be happy when frustrated.

now if you expand your question to all Bills coaches - the easy winner is Schwartz

Edited by BackInDaDay