Wary Coaching Candidates

firemedic

After seeing that some potential coaches were scared of being "tied" to EJ and possibly turned down the position because of that, I have an idea for the owners..............

How about giving the newly hired coach/staff a "free" first year. If EJ doesn't cut it, the coaches get a pass, can draft their own guy the next year and "start over" without year one being a blemish?

What say you?

Great coaches find a way to win no matter who is under center.

Pee Wee Herman could have played QB for the following teams and they still would have won a Super Bowl: The Steel Curtain; The Doomsday Defense and/or the No Name Defense. great coaches know football is more about coaching all 53 players than focusing upon just one position. If I was Mr. & Mrs. Pegula I would only retain the services of a HC capable of handling challenges, not cowering away from them.

Thank goodness Super Bowl winning QB Jim Plunkett didn't believe all the "experts" early on in is career.

32 jobs of its kind in the world. A man would be a fool to not accept the position of head coach in the NFL

That's the winning spirit! and what an amazing attitude too. Coach THE TEAM, not a mere position.

If a coach can not embrace the challenge then that coach was never worth the job.

You are just making good sense.

After seeing that some potential coaches were scared of being "tied" to EJ and possibly turned down the position because of that, I have an idea for the owners..............

How about giving the newly hired coach/staff a "free" first year. If EJ doesn't cut it, the coaches get a pass, can draft their own guy the next year and "start over" without year one being a blemish?

What say you?

you need to get the fans, local, and national media in on the deal as well

until some of the other jobs like atlanta/sf/oakland and filled those really are better options than buffalo right now because of having abs in place. it sucks but thats reality. plus those are pretty good living destinations for the families of coaches. it not a knock on buffalo but the current rosters and locations are probably a bit higher than the bills right now. I think(hope) they get it right this time tho.

What say you?

Which potential coaches? Links?

Which potential coaches? Links?

we have 1 report that whaley is saying coaches shouldnt totally sleep on EJ (but that he will bring in competition), and 1 report that rex is scared to develop any qbs and suddenly the bills cant sign any coach because they are forcing EJ on them and everyone hates him.

we have 1 report that whaley is saying coaches shouldnt totally sleep on EJ (but that he will bring in competition), and 1 report that rex is scared to develop any qbs and suddenly the bills cant sign any coach because they are forcing EJ on them and everyone hates him.

Thank you for posting this. I've been waiting for any confirmation coaches have been "scared off" because EJ Manuel is on the roster.

What say you?

I never heard or saw this. Is this you're opinion? If it is your opinion, don't write it as if it's a known fact.

Also, if a head coaching candidate doesn't think he can do anything with EJ Manuel then he shouldn't be hired. I'd bet a whole lot of money that Chip Kelly would have had EJ Manuel in the top 10 of QB statistics if he had him this past year. IMO he certainly would have started over Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez.

The problem with EJ Manuel was 80% coaching. Will he ever be an elite QB? Probably not. Is he a QB with enough skills like Joe Flacco and Eli Manning that you can coach up to play at a high enough level to get you in the playoffs, get on a roll and win the Superbowl? I believe Manuel could be that type of QB for the Bills.

What the Bills need is an innovative and creative coach like Chip Kelly that tunes out the negative and goes full throttle with a plan that uses Manuel's best attributes. Spread formation, QB runs, quick pace, deep throws and tell him to play with no fear of getting yelled at. You want to see Manuel thrive? That's the game plan people. There is no silver bullet QB coming in here that is a better option than a new head coach getting EJ Manuel in gear. Not Cutler, Foles, Sanchez, Glennon...ect. All well known duds IMO. Unless the Giants or Steelers are trading away their starting QBs to the Bills, the best option is giving EJ Manuel a free form and innovative offense.