Browns violated NFL rule if texted plays to sideline

YoloinOhio

What would a punishment be? Just a fine I'd assume? Is this really that big of a deal?

So should you with that lame avatar...

Still is this something done after they see the formation of the D? Interesting, taking the thinking away from the QB, no wonder young good QBs are hard to find, they are being told what to think, not trained on how to react to what they are seeing. I say, make them change QBs every quarter as punishment.

@ProFootballTalk: Browns may have violated NFL's electronic devices rule by texting to the sidelines during games http://t.co/IwobrW5C0b

This is the best. Picture Kim Pegula texting Marrone "Don't you dare !@#$ing punt here!"

and he punts anyway, probably why he left because of those Meddling owners B-)

This strikes me as ridiculous. You can call someone but can't text them??

I don't think you can do either. The call was the last time someone got fined for breaking the rule. You can't use any device unless it is NFL authorized, like the tablets being used on the sideline for sideline stuff.

This is amazing to me. Coaches on the sidelines have their cell phones on and if someone sends them a text they read it?

Think about it from Mike McCoy's perspective. Get in trouble with the NFL for texting or forget to pick up milk and cheese on the way home by blowing off your wife's text. Talk about a double edge sword.