Kurt Warner
Ron Wolf

Kevin Greene

Bill Pollian

Junior Seau

Charles Hailey

Kurt Warner

Jimmy Johnson

Those are my picks !! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 2 thumbs up ...

Jimmy Johnson coached in the league for less than 10 years. Sure he got two rings and you can credit him with the Herschel Walker trade that helped build that Dallas team I guess, but even with that are his accomplishments really deserving of the Hall of Fame? Didn't Barry Switzer prove pretty much anyone could win with that team?

Edited by Pondslider

Jimmy Johnson coached in the league for less than 10 years. Sure he got two rings and you can credit him with the Herschel Walker trade that helped build that Dallas team I guess, but even with that are his accomplishments really deserving of the Hall of Fame? Didn't Barry Switzer prove pretty much anyone could win with that team?

It sure seemed like longer. Ugh! I definately get your point, but I have to give Jimmy J. a lot of credit for building the team as well as coaching them. History has proven Jerry Jones wasn't the brains behind the operation! How long has Orlando Pace been eligible? He seems like a lock to be for an early entrance. A lot of other good names on there.

List announced today on NFL Network

Morten Anderson
Jerome Bettis
Tim Brown
Don Coryell
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy
Kevin Greene
Charles Haley
Marvin Harrison
Jimmy Johnson
John Lynch
Orlando Pace
Bill Polian
Junior Seau
Will Shields
Mick Tingelhoff
Kurt Warner
Ron Wolf

I'm going to say:

Don Coryell

Orlando Pace

Charles Haley

Marvin Harrison

Bill Polian

Jerome Bettis

Side note: I have no idea how Terrell Davs--a guy with a total of 4 good years, is a HOF nominee. If he makes it, then so too should Jamal Lewis, who's name will never be brought up in the discussion.

As I've observed with Howie Long, a constant presence on the TV post-retirement helps out a cause tremendously.

Side note: I have no idea how Terrell Davs--a guy with a total of 4 good years, is a HOF nominee. If he makes it, then so too should Jamal Lewis, who's name will never be brought up in the discussion.

I agree he shouldn't make it into the Hall due to not having the longevity, but its easy to see why he is on the list of nominees. He was the premier running back of his era, an era where RB was still a coveted position, and a huge anchor to two Super Bowl teams. Dude was a beast and my favorite non-Bill player back in that era

Tasker revolutionized his position and what he accomplished as a gunner is still the ideal sought after by today's ST. players. The fact that STers are on the field less than offensive and defensive players is irrelevant to the discussion of HOF worthiness.

Evidently, the Ray Guy selection was an anomaly and not the ushering in of a new era of voter enlightenment.

As for Polien, I'd love to go see him enshrined, but the trip to Canton is a bit of a heavy lift. :)

Didn't keep Gale Sayers out. Actually Sayers had 5 good years. But he also topped out at 1200 yds in his best good season....not 2000.

Doesn't Switzer make a stronger case for Johnson, considering it was basically Johnson's team?

I'm going to say:

Don Coryell

Orlando Pace

Charles Haley

Marvin Harrison

Bill Polian

Jerome Bettis

The most deserving person on that list is Don Coryell. He was a trail blazer and a genius in designing offenses, especially in the passing game. With respect to the offensive side of the game he was a transformative figure. He deservs an overwhelming vote for his induction.

Takser was an important player during the Bills' SB run. However, he doesn't deserve to be on a candidate list for the HOF. He would be the first person to say so.

Edited by JohnC