Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

There is no one here that can reasonably make the definitive claim one way or another at this point.

I agree. Which is why it should be eye opening to see how this is being spun in the corporate media and by the political talking heads. The conditioning is what's important to track. This is an intentional conditioning operation (for the sake of using the most controversial language), facts be dammed. This is terrorism and thus federal powers must be expanded. And funding. And citizens' rights must be abridged for the greater good.

It's been the meme since 2001. And it works. How else can you explain this thread where we have a bunch of folks arguing the inalieble rights of the second amendment in response to gun control -- yet he same folks (by and large) are silent on defending our inalienable right to privacy and due process?

One has been sold to the public as a necessary means to keep people safe by both sides of the political spectrum -- the other as a wedge issue.

Well then, they've certainly taken him to the wrong building.....

I heard it on the radio and only some really sketchy sites have picked it up so it might be bollocks.

I agree. Which is why it should be eye opening to see how this is being spun in the corporate media and by the political talking heads. The conditioning is what's important to track. This is an intentional conditioning operation (for the sake of using the most controversial language), facts be dammed. This is terrorism and thus federal powers must be expanded. And funding. And citizens' rights must be abridged for the greater good.

It's been the meme since 2001. And it works. How else can you explain this thread where we have a bunch of folks arguing the inalieble rights of the second amendment in response to gun control -- yet he same folks (by and large) are silent on defending our inalienable right to privacy and due process?

One has been sold to the public as a necessary means to keep people safe by both sides of the political spectrum -- the other as a wedge issue.

I heard it on the radio and only some really sketchy sites have picked it up so it might be bollocks.

I suppose we aren't watching the same news. Most of the news networks and politicians I see are treating this as a hate crime and blame the NRA. I admit, I rarely watch FOX news so I'm sure they have the narrative to what you speak of, but virtually everywhere else I've seen aren't following your script.

:lol:

I was messing with you for your accidental misspelling. "Hospitable" seemed like an odd place to take a possible 2nd shooter.

I suppose we aren't watching the same news. Most of the news networks and politicians I see are treating this as a hate crime and blame the NRA. I admit, I rarely watch FOX news so I'm sure they have the narrative to what you speak of, but virtually everywhere else I've seen aren't following your script.

I'm not arguing that the NRA isn't a target here, or that the left isn't going to use this to push gun control. They have, are, and will continue to do so. But it's the casual use of the term "terrorism" that I'm pointing out. Terrorism has a very specific definition legally but more importantly in our modern parlance. It's been the single most used tool of the federal government to expand its scope and power since 2001 and continues to be.

Hillary and Trump's first response was to bomb ISIS:

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/13/hillary-clinton-and-donald-trump-call-for-more-airstrikes-on-isis-after-orlando-massacre-that-isis-didnt-direct/

Hillary has now turned to gun control:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/13/hillary-clinton-trump-orlando-muslims/85820028/

And here's Jon Oliver's opening segment from Sunday's show. He says the word terrorism (in some form) 4 times in less than two minutes.

Then, if you want to roll around in the gutter, Twitter and social media are just loaded with reporters/politicians using that terminology in reference to the attack -- while also attacking the NRA.

:lol:

I was messing with you for your accidental misspelling. "Hospitable" seemed like an odd place to take a possible 2nd shooter.

:lol: That's what I get for typing on the run. I didn't even notice my own mistake!

:bag:

Who in the hell watches network news these days besides soccer moms and old ladies? Generally the stupid. MSM and network news have been corrupt for almost 20 years as far as I can tell.

What ?

He's a Muslim and he pledged allegiance to Isis. He's a terrorist.

Hang his whole family and put it on the cover of the HuffPo.

I pledge allegiance to the Bills. That don't make me one. Like I said, he did it cover up his sexual identity.

I'm not sure this guy killed a bunch of people in a gay club because he identifies with ISIS.

Time will tell.

The San Bernidino people were homegrown terrorists. OK City was a homegrown terrorist. This guy might just be a nutcase who said the magic terror words when he was in the middle of his rampage.

EDIT--just read Tom's point and appreciate it. Even the Illuminati allowed Rhino to post below on this point. Terrorism is directed to political aims. Not a complete definition, but not sure this dude was motivated by political aims.

You know what time you'll be able to tell if this was terrorism?

The time when your head is rolling down a flight of stairs, that's when.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Who in the hell watches network news these days besides soccer moms and old ladies? Generally the stupid. MSM and network news have been corrupt for almost 20 years as far as I can tell.

To be fair, I can't name a single news source that doesn't seem to have some type of bias or another. It would be nice if there was such a source, but I think the best you can do is to try to take in at least a few news sources and sift through all the contradiction and bias before coming to any conclusions.

lol, hide your sexuality by becoming the most scrutinized person in America?

no one is that dumb.

you would have to change the phrase to "hoisted by his own retard"

Shooting up a room full of people ain't enough proof for you that he is that dumb? Edited by Justice

Yeah, well I hope this never happens because if it does, us citizens are serious toast because we are way outgunned and it ain't even close.

That's why FireChan thinks we should all have VX and a few citizens armed with nukes.

The dude was definitely gay. I don't know any terrorists, but it's safe to say they don't frequent gay clubs and get drunk. If they do they're not very Islamic, are they?

The dude was definitely gay. I don't know any terrorists, but it's safe to say they don't frequent gay clubs and get drunk. If they do they're not very Islamic, are they?

Why do you think he was definitely gay? What do you know that is absolutely proof?

What ?

He's a Muslim and he pledged allegiance to Isis. He's a terrorist.

Hang his whole family and put it on the cover of the HuffPo.

So if I pledge allegiance to ISIS before I shoot my neighbor's dog for crapping on my lawn, I'm a terrorist?

This guy may have just been an unhinged repressed homosexual with an upbringing that gave him enough vocabulary to sympathize with ISIS.

Or he may have thought he was doing something important for ISIS.

He doesn't come across as particularly bright.

On that note, let me take a moment to express how INFINITELY better this board is without Gator and Jim doing their mating dance in every thread. Whoever put a stop to that, cheers.

If they murder a room full of people are they very Islamic?