HC hiring timeline - how long will it take?

so you expect them to complete 10 interviews and possibly follow up interviews then hire someone before the weekend?

i dont see how that happens...maybe if they were only looking at 4-5 but 10, no way

they've reportedly already interviewed 5 already and possibly had preliminary conversation with others. My thinking is that they might actually like 1 or 2 of the initial candidates enough that they cut the list shorter than the reported 10 or so.

Like I said. I expect a coach hired by the end of next week. Quite possible it happens more quickly.

We will see. I'm not worried about it. They will find a guy they like.

R-E-L-A-X

Panicking gave them Marrone last time. They are doing a thorough search and will hopefully find the right coach this time (which ultimately won't matter unless they find a QB).

OK Aaron Rodgers, which is it Marrone or the lack of a QB? I'm not a fan of how Marrone left the organization, but I believe he did a good job when he was here.

The team is in a much better place than when he joined though I have concerns are the amount of doubt and rumor that's currently exists.

Is there a football czar in the future?

What does that mean for RB and DW?

Does this lack of clear future strategy make attracting the best coaching talent harder?

Looking from the outside you have to ask why are people like Orton and Marrone leaving and Polian not wanting to sign on.

I want a coach who wants to be here, not one looking for the best offer.

I'm not worried about hiring quickly, I'm worried about hiring correctly.

Chan Gailey wanted to be here. I want a coach that continues to improves the organization

Edited by Catch it Sammy

I for one am glad to see them doing a longer search. I heard this morning interviews are running through to Saturday at this point. I would prefer they take their time and make sure they get the guy they want, and the guy the team needs.

It won't make any difference.

Doug Whaley is going to force EJ Manuel on the new HC and OC. And that's going to lead to disaster.

I believe you are grossly misreading the situation. Whaley has no other QB right now, so he's working with potential candidates to see who can coach up the one QB he knows he's going to have. He's playing the cards he currently has, not the ones that may be dealt to him in the future.

You're smart enough to understand that.

Well, if they want one of the Seattle coordinators Quinn or Bevell, or Pep Hamilton of the Colts, or Adam Gase of the Broncos, or Josh McDaniels, they're going to have to wait until their teams are out of the playoffs.

Of course Rex Ryan is the next to be interviewed tomorrow.

It won't make any difference.

Doug Whaley is going to force EJ Manuel on the new HC and OC. And that's going to lead to disaster.

Uggh. It is so difficult to sift through these threads and read stuff like this.

If you don't "get it" that EJ is the only QB on the roster right now, and it makes sense for the Bills to ask HC candidates how they would try to develop him, then I just can't help you and you may want to ease your frustration by taking up other interests.

If you don't "get it" that EJ is the only QB on the roster right now, and it makes sense for the Bills to ask HC candidates how they would try to develop him, then I just can't help you and you may want to ease your frustration by taking up other interests.

You're right!

And because you (and other posters in this thread) are right, it means that the Buffalo Bills are worse than I originally thought!

Edited by PearlHowardman

I still believe that the right coach can get EJ to play at a high level. The guy I like most is Bevell, followed by Reich.

If the next HC/OC cannot help EJ become a quality starter, the team is in trouble. There is no obvious upgrade available at the position.

You're right!

And because you (and other posters in this thread) are right, it means that the Buffalo Bills are worse than I originally thought!

How so? They are (personnel-wise) the same team that went 9-7 last year. The differences are that the HC and QB that couldn't produce any offense whatsoever are gone.

I believe you are grossly misreading the situation. Whaley has no other QB right now, so he's working with potential candidates to see who can coach up the one QB he knows he's going to have. He's playing the cards he currently has, not the ones that may be dealt to him in the future.

You're smart enough to understand that.

That's debatable.