Do you want the new stadium domed or open field?

Tipster19

Open in the way that Seattle is, with those half rooves over part of the crowd.

I think you are on to something with this. The Ralph is basically a hole in the ground with two upper decks sticking up. The wind whipping across ECC and into the stadium is really the worst part of the experience, especially in December.

Picture a stadium like Seattle's nestled near downtown (old first ward?) except maybe with slightly larger canopies that extend toward the field (more coverage). A large portion of the crowd would be protected from the elements, while the braver fans can sit in the endzones and be completely exposed. Ironically, people that pay for premium seats in the first few rows close to the field would be exposed, while the cheaper seats are covered. Century Link field sits 67,000 and cost $564M in 2015 dollars. It's something to consider.

zWvVtsr.jpgWoBJJ74.jpg

Edited by QCity

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Retractable. Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy is a great venue. It would be a boon to Buffalo if they put a stadium like that in the downtown area.

I like this stadium. Retractible. Would fit the style of the 1st ward of Buffalo. Definitely can leave open for games we choose, and covers the fans so would be a little better for you guys in December. It would be great to keep open for snow games but have some type of heating in the seats. This stadium cost $700 mil not a billion. The area is right in the heart of where all of the interstates leave for routes in the city, and lots of area could be made into parking. Closer for our Canadian friends so marketing can keep building season tickets.

I hope Pegula secures a naming contract as that makes it easier for him from a fiscal standpoint to keep investing in the team and coaching. Fro those traditionalists, put a major statue in the front of the stadium to Mr. Wilson with a nice plaque on the foolish club, and respect our past.

lucas-oil-stadium.jpgI

28_aug_08_-_10a.jpg

This what I am talking about.

The lucas stadium looks nice. Its no fun at the ralph in december on cold aluminum benches. Any way to keep the rain off the fans and warm them up a bit is good.

I went to one game in the dome in St Louis and sterile is right. It was downright gloomy inside except for the field.

after losing a home game to snow.

must be a retractable roof for year round use.

This has been discussed multiple times and is a faux reason.

Explain how a dome or retractable roof would have cleared the roads and parking lots?

The Bills had to pick up players on snow mobiles to get them to flight.

They stopped putting "domes" on stadiums over 10 years ago, they now put on a roofs. The term is obsolete. Try using these phrases instead.

Indoor stadium

Covered stadium

Enclosed stadium

All weather stadium

Multi-use stadium.

Thanks, your posts will look smarter now. You are all welcome.

Edited by ET1062

I'd like a retractable stadium like Lucas Oil. That style would fit nicely with the city and the roof could be closed when we have the type of weather that popped up a few months back. It could be used for other events as well. My main concern is the loss of tailgating as that seems to be a big part of the Buffalo game day culture.

I used to love the idea of an open air stadium with weather being a factor. I used to buy into the idea that the cold/snow was a home field advantage for the Bills. As I've aged, I have completely changed my mind. First, the cold/snow is not an advantage because most of the players aren't from here and are not accustomed to the cold. Secondly, and more importantly, a covered (whether it is a dome or some other indoor stadium design) would change the customer base. It would allow for a more mature and more wealthy base of customers. I believe you would see more upscale people, more older fans and more families attending games. I believe there would be a reduction in the number of drunken idiots and twenty something's causing general mayhem. I think a covered/indoor stadium is going to happen and I think it is the right way to go.