Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting Seattle aside? They won the Super Bowl with that model. Not sure you can just put them aside if it in fact still works and can win a Super Bowl. They have everything except they pass the ball the least amount in the NFL and run the ball the most. It works.

Also, Joe Flacco says 'hey.'

So do the New York Giants.

But, whatever, who cares how the last three Super Bowls were won, we're trying to win Super Bowls here!

Wow. 21 pages.

Just one quick question probably covered already. Sorry.

Did Roman get fired from frisco?

No, but there was definitely something happening with Harbaugh. He likely would have been replaced by whoever takes over the job.

That said, his track record over the last few years has been really good, and even his biggest down year in four years they still ranked 4th in rushing and went 8-8 on the best defensive division in football.

When did Gray play for Roman? Thought he came from Vikes.

@MarQueisG: Welcome aboard G-Ro! Excited to get back in that offense!

Per Wiki

San Francisco 49ers[edit]

After going undrafted at the 2013 NFL Draft, Gray signed with the San Francisco 49ers.[21][22] Initially Gray worked out as a halfback[23] but soon moved to tight end.[24]During the 2013 preseason, Gray caught one pass for 13 yards against the Kansas City Chiefs.[25][26] Gray was cut on August 30.[27]

Thanks didn't realize he was in their camp. I like Gray a lot. Aka big Sammy.

49er fans were complaining about how many passes went to the fullback. I think if Gray learns to block a little better, he could be an interesting FB/TE/HB hybrid guy with speed and power and hands.

Boobie, who also played for Roman and seems to like him, could enter the mix.

Also will be interesting if Rex brings in a FB like John Connor that he liked to use in NJ.

Not sure where Roman picked up this rep as strictly a ground and pound conservative coach. Yes, he believes a strong running game sets up a dynamic play-action passing game and that's a good thing, but he has never been shy about taking his shots down field, either. Kaepernick doesn't amass a career 7.5 ypa otherwise. Also, it was his work with Luck in Stanford that allowed scouts to see Luck make every throw in the book from a myriad of formations, both from under center and from the shotgun.

And to those that think Roman somehow neutered Kaepernick by forcing him to stay in the pocket, I say he would have been derelict in his duties if he didn't. ALL quarterbacks have to learn to operate from the pocket. Period. If they don't, they will fail in this league. It's as simple as that.

GO BILLS!!!

Very true. Look at what our own defense does to running QBs like the ones on the Jets. Defenses push the edges so the QB is hemmed in to the pocket and can't escape. Generally, this gives the QB more time, but if they can't read the defense and find an open receiver they are screwed. And if they hold onto the ball too long they are doubly screwed. The NFL is catching on to all of the read option stuff that was hot for a while as well. You cannot expect it to last forever.

The best QBs in the league are pocket passers because they are good at finding an open receiver quickly and getting the ball out to them. If they can pass on the run or take off on designed runs, well that is just a bonus. It however, is not something you can expect to succeed all the time

Now official as well - all roads lead to Roman

Annnnd here come the Rome based puns. I approve.

49er fans were complaining about how many passes went to the fullback. I think if Gray learns to block a little better, he could be an interesting FB/TE/HB hybrid guy with speed and power and hands.

Boobie, who also played for Roman and seems to like him, could enter the mix.

Also will be interesting if Rex brings in a FB like John Connor that he liked to use in NJ.

How do people object to those? I love watching fullbacks running over linebackers when they get a head of steam.

I see the Bills site is now saying Roman is named OC. Guess it's officially official.

Looks like Chris Foerster(Forester?) for OL coach.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 1h1 hour ago

#Redskins MT @AdamSchefter: Interesting: Washington granted permission to Buffalo to interview Redskins offensive line coach Chris Foerster.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 56m56 minutes ago

Check that...My bad...I forgot that Foerster and Greg Roman worked together in Baltimore.....Relationship cemented then. #Redskins

Foerster has been the Redskins' offensive line coach since 2010. He was the Baltimore Ravens' offensive line coach from 2005-07, with Roman serving as his assistant from 2006-07. Ryan was also on that coaching staff.

The Bills have also requested permission to interview 49ers offensive line coach Mike Solari for the same job in Buffalo, according to CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco.

Edited by Rockinon