Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/180974-greg-roman-signs-bills/

Niners fans don't seem to be too upset about this...

Grass is always greener, particular after a perceived bad season. A lot of people liked and defended Marrone/Gailey etc. publicly when they held the position, not so much when they were gone. People tend to be fans of the team and whoever is employed by the team at any given time and love to blame current problems on those that have left.

Edited by CodeMonkey

http://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/554742464506904577

Greg Roman goes to Buffalo, ending his term as the most egregiously scapegoated 49ers assistant in years:

... bit.ly/1C9CTEO

Greg Roman goes to Buffalo, ending his term as the most egregiously scapegoated 49ers assistant in years

Is that man really a professional writer?

Not sure where Roman picked up this rep as strictly a ground and pound conservative coach. Yes, he believes a strong running game sets up a dynamic play-action passing game and that's a good thing, but he has never been shy about taking his shots down field, either. Kaepernick doesn't amass a career 7.5 ypa otherwise. Also, it was his work with Luck in Stanford that allowed scouts to see Luck make every throw in the book from a myriad of formations, both from under center and from the shotgun.

And to those that think Roman somehow neutered Kaepernick by forcing him to stay in the pocket, I say he would have been derelict in his duties if he didn't. ALL quarterbacks have to learn to operate from the pocket. Period. If they don't, they will fail in this league. It's as simple as that.

GO BILLS!!!

Wasn't the knock on Roman that he abandoned the running game mid-season?

Good businessman????

He had one job after college, held it for less than a year and then got scooped up by daddy to land in a cushy VP role with the Niners.

I am basing my opinion on the last 15 years of ineptitude of the Bills on the field and being able to keep ticket sales at a very reasonable level. Granted Bills fans are an easy sell and are looking for reasons to Billieve, but at the end of the day sales are still good.

He's a columnist for a paper with roughly 3 times the daily circulation of the Buffalo News. But whatev.

I am basing my opinion on the last 15 years of ineptitude of the Bills on the field and being able to keep ticket sales at a very reasonable level. Granted Bills fans are an easy sell and are looking for reasons to Billieve, but at the end of the day sales are still good.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, you're talking about Brandon.

I thought you were talking about York.

He's a columnist for a paper with roughly 3 times the daily circulation of the Buffalo News. But whatev.

He cites no sources that i can see, and that seems to be strictly a opinion piece, which is probably why it was in the blog section in the first place. But fact versus opinion aside, his writing style seems at least as good as others that I have seen.

So Roman was not the play caller in SF?

How is he different from Marrone in NO then?

According to the column I added, it was no secret that Harbaugh intercepted/altered play calls from booth to Kap. Speculation has it that this relay contributed to difficulties with the play clock.

Roman doesn't excite me, but he has had a lot more success than marrone/hackett in the NFL, so the offense should be better this year, especially if they beef up the oline a bit.

I stil want them to bring in a FA QB. Foles, sanchez, and Moore would be ok choices for me, and I think all three of them are better than orton. Im not giving up on EJ, but they have to put resources into the qb postion this year, even if they don't have that first round pick.

Greg Roman goes to Buffalo, ending his term as the most egregiously scapegoated 49ers assistant in years: ... bit.ly/1C9CTEO

Greg Roman goes to Buffalo, ending his term as the most egregiously scapegoated 49ers assistant in years

Hmmmmm. "Even right tackle Anthony Davis bizarrely assumed all that and was angry at Roman for screwing up the 49ers’ offensive focus."

So do we believe a blogger, or someone actually on the offense? :)

The point in the article, is does Harbaugh seem like the type of Type B personality that is just going to let his OC railroad him into an offensive strategy he doesn't want?

Which is a very astute observation and does diffuse some of the blame that is piled on Roman for the 9ers 2014 collapse.

I stil want them to bring in a FA QB. Foles, sanchez, and Moore would be ok choices for me,

I don't get the Moore love on here. He's just not very good. 33 TD and 28 Ints in his career. Even Fitz and Orton have a better TD to Int ratio than that. I'd rather take my chances with EJ than bring this guy in.