Can Somebody tell me why Rex Ryan would be in high Demand?

HOUSE

To me the guy was an embarrassment over the past few years. His record sucks, Superbowl predictions a joke. Flips the bird at the fans??

The guy is a media Whore and generally reminds me of Toronto's former Mayor Rob Ford.

And now he is in high demand ? There are many more deserving coaches available then Rex Ryan...

The NFL is becoming a comedy show for buffoon head coaches looking for the spotlight. Give this guy another head coaching job and you can expect more of the same next season.

=

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya' got me. I think the guy's a buffoon of the first order. He strikes me as a candidate for used car salesman in some small metropolitan area New Jersey city.

agreed

His gm set him up to fail

Rex likes man to man corners and the gm got rid of both and failed to replace them with miss picks

Also he drafted geno and forced mark out (that's what it seems)

If Rex had an average qb he can build a d

There are always excuses for not winning...........we dumped 3 head coaches that had better excuses then Rex Ryan

Edited by HOUSE

As much as I dislike him, he was not the problem in NY, the team was poorly run above him. He was a decent coach but was given over the hill former superstars and bad QBS to work with

Sanchez looks just fine in Philly....Vick is above average and will start somewhere next season

I hate to say it but Geno looks better then EJ.

Edited by HOUSE

When the Jets had a decent GM who was on the same page with Rex, they went to the AFC Championship a couple times and were in the playoff hunt every year.

Everyone in NY knows that Idzik was the real problem there over "the last few years", as even OP puts it.

Give the man the personnel he needs to run his schemes and he can be successful. Purposely lose all of your CBs, and then not sign any others, and his Defense is going to fail.

When the Jets had a decent GM who was on the same page with Rex, they went to the AFC Championship a couple times and were in the playoff hunt every year.

Everyone in NY knows that Idzik was the real problem there over "the last few years", as even OP puts it.

Give the man the personnel he needs to run his schemes and he can be successful. Purposely lose all of your CBs, and then not sign any others, and his Defense is going to fail.

I agree with this and think that ATL is a good fit for him. The youngs corners Alford and Trufant (stud) will make his life easier. Their offense has some weapons and defense needs some work. They are strong though in the one spot that he needs.

Rex always had good to great defenses (all him). He single handily made Revis into a mythological creature. He fosters an intense loyalty amongst his players that I haven't seen in recent times. I truly get the sense his players feel like crap not that he got canned.

His GM traded picks and players to grab Sanchez. Bad idea.

His other GM drafted Geno seemingly against his wishes and forced him on him. See above.

The same GM did nothing for the roster (Richardson selection aside) in two full seasons at the helm.

Yes, Rex can be bad at clock management from time to time. The same can be said for nearly ever coach in the league. They all mess it up. But I'd take him any day of the week.

To me the guy was an embarrassment over the past few years. His record sucks, Superbowl predictions a joke. Flips the bird at the fans??

The guy is a media Whore and generally reminds me of Toronto's former Mayor Rob Ford.

And now he is in high demand ? There are many more deserving coaches available then Rex Ryan...

The NFL is becoming a comedy show for head coaches looking for the spotlight. Give this guy another head coaching job and you can expect more of this next season.

http://www.nfl.com/n...h-49ers-falcons

=

He's really, really good at what he does well: Defense. He's also really good at getting his players ready for big games (generally speaking). His players play hard for him (generally speaking).

An owner may be convinced that in the right situation, with a really good QB already in place and some offensive weapons, Rex can come in and put them over the hump. Atlanta could be one of those places. If I was an Atlanta fan, I'd probably be really interested in Rex as my coach.

You don't have to like him but at least he's not collecting a check off his last name like his brother. His defense overachieved nearly every year in NJ considering they never had a great pass-rusher. The questions about offense with him are justified; but with a decent QB like ATL (a rare job opening with a good QB in place), it'd be interesting to see. I mean, I wouldn't break the bank but I'd take him over Andrew Gaze aka the guy who happens to be the OC for Peyton Manning, a job your 10yr old daughter could do.