Can Somebody tell me why Rex Ryan would be in high Demand?

HOUSE

Im just saying the media creates the narrative. They say things like "he will be unemployed for like 5 minutes"implying he will be a Head Coach without problem.I say when it comes to actually hiring him him to be your HEAD COACH that is entirely different. I think a lot of people feel that way as well. Defense yes, Face of the organization...no way.

Media obviously creates a narrative, but the media is also driven by insiders who (some) have legit connections to officials within the league that you and I don't have. Fact remains, some nfl executives have interest in Rex or else he'd be on 0 interviews right now.

And like I stated earlier, there are a plethora of reasons that Rex's time in NY was ultimately a failure - some of which were his fault, and many others were not. That doesn't mean he should never get another shot at the HC gig. It's not like Rex has been a HC now on 2 different franchises and we can begin to establish a pattern. He's been HC 1x with one franchise and he did have limited success which many coaches never achieve, that in and of itself will probably give him another shot at being a HC, if not this year then next.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally, the media likes guys who make their job easier. Rex is always entertaining, is always doing something silly, and gives them something easy to write about. It allows them to be intellectually lazy. Therefore, the media likes him.

Contrast that to marrone, who has disdain for the media, and they will never like him. Especially morons like Jerry Sullivan.

Media obviously creates a narrative, but the media is also driven by insiders who (some) have legit connections to officials within the league that you and I don't have. Fact remains, some nfl executives have interest in Rex or else he'd be on 0 interviews right now.

And like I stated earlier, there are a plethora of reasons that Rex's time in NY was ultimately a failure - some of which were his fault, and many others were not. That doesn't mean he should never get another shot at the HC gig. It's not like Rex has been a HC now on 2 different franchises and we can begin to establish a pattern. He's been HC 1x with one franchise and he did have limited success which many coaches never achieve, that in and of itself will probably give him another shot at being a HC, if not this year then next.

Interviews are one thing. Signing him to be the face of the franchise is another. Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

Im just saying the media creates the narrative. They say things like "he will be unemployed for like 5 minutes"implying he will be a Head Coach without problem.I say when it comes to actually hiring him him to be your HEAD COACH that is entirely different. I think a lot of people feel that way as well. Defense yes, Face of the organization...no way.

He's getting interviews for HC positions. Right now.

Have you gotten every job you've interviewed for! Look, someone may be dumb enough to hire him...Atlanta may be his best chance, although Todd Bowles is a strong candidate with similar skill set. The point is, he has shown what he is and that is a clown. You have to think twice before hiring him to run your team after some of the past incidents. I bet there are a lot of NFL people who are very leery of REX RYAN.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

When the Jets had a decent GM who was on the same page with Rex, they went to the AFC Championship a couple times and were in the playoff hunt every year.

Everyone in NY knows that Idzik was the real problem there over "the last few years", as even OP puts it.

Give the man the personnel he needs to run his schemes and he can be successful. Purposely lose all of your CBs, and then not sign any others, and his Defense is going to fail.

and he did it with crappy QBs.

Ya' got me. I think the guy's a buffoon of the first order. He strikes me as a candidate for used car salesman in some small metropolitan area New Jersey city.

I don't get it either. He is a proven blowhard who just failed miserably. Why would any team want this turd?

A lot of big talk here from people who root for a team Ryan dominated for 4-5 years.

The Jets overachieved more in Ryan's tenure than almost any team in football. The Jets haven't added an impact player to their offense since before Ryan was hired. They allowed what talent they had to leave and never replaced it. No backs, no receivers, and for the last two years, no QB. Yet somehow this guy gets this horrible team to keep playing, came within a missed FG of beating NE (when NE was trying) two weeks ago.

Idzik is the guy who will have a hard time getting another job at the same level.

Sanchez looks just fine in Philly....Vick is above average and will start somewhere next season

:lol:

Michael Vick is 'above average'?? Hey Rip, 2010 is over.