Joe B just lost all credibility, Part II

YoloinOhio

I'm going to guess you haven't seen much of Jameis in his two seasons because saying you would have a hard time picking him at 50 is crazy talk. I watched EJ play his whole career at FSU and Jameis. I would have taken a freshman Jameis over a graduated EJ 2 yrs ago. EJ waits till he see's you open, then throws to you. Jamies throws it where you are supposed to be ahead of time. You have to trust the play called and anticipate. Winston does that very well. EJ, not so much.

I have seen him plenty. I am a Canes fan. Jameis is not the guy you want to build your team around as far as I am concerned.

You miss my point about EJ. EJ may end up being no more an NFL QB than he is right now. On the other hand, if he is allowed time to develop, I think that he has potential given the tools that he already has and his work ethic.

I have no faith in Jameis' work ethic or, more importantly, character to put in the work to be a top 10 or 15 NFL QB. He is a HUUUUGE risk for anyone who takes him. In fact, rather than get better, Jameis has regressed this past year compared to 2013.

Regarding accuracy, Jameis has thrown 7 more interceptions in 2014 in 12 games thus far compared to EJ's 14 games in his 2012 season (17 INTs v. 10 INTs). EJ's INT % .0258% v. Winston INT % .0402%. EJ's completion percentage was 68% compared to Winston's 65.4% with a y/a .4 yards more than Winston.

Neither EJ nor Winston are/were ready to step in as an NFL QB like someone such as Andrew Luck. Both will have to work hard to even have a chance to be a good NFL QB and/or reach their potential. I have a lot more faith in EJ's character and work ethic.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen him plenty. I am a Canes fan. Jameis is not the guy you want to build your team around as far as I am concerned.

You miss my point about EJ. EJ may end up being no more an NFL QB than he is right now. On the other hand, if he is allowed time to develop, I think that he has potential given the tools that he already has and his work ethic.

I have no faith in Jameis' work ethic or, more importantly, character to put in the work to be a top 10 or 15 NFL QB. He is a HUUUUGE risk for anyone who takes him. In fact, rather than get better, Jameis has regressed this past year compared to 2013.

Regarding accuracy, Jameis has thrown 7 more interceptions in 2014 in 12 games thus far compared to EJ's 14 games in his 2012 season (17 INTs v. 10 INTs). EJ's INT % .0258% v. Winston INT % .0402%. EJ's completion percentage was 68% compared to Winston's 65.4% with a y/a .4 yards more than Winston.

Neither EJ nor Winston are/were ready to step in as an NFL QB like someone such as Andrew Luck. Both will have to work hard to even have a chance to be a good NFL QB and/or reach their potential. I have a lot more faith in EJ's character and work ethic.

I agree about Winston being a big, big risk, think you're putting too much stock in numbers. Winston runs a more complex offense and is asked to do more. He pushes the ball downfield with NFL-type tight-window throws more than EJ ever did, as far as I can see. Basically, he's a lot better than EJ was in college.

He said he would trade Marcel Dareus, next year's first and our 1st pick this year for the #1 overall pick this year, in which he would pick Jamies Winston.

But the Sammy trade was too risky ...

Really? lol...all i can say is if you had to come up with defensible opinions every day as part of your job, you'd probably come up with a few clunkers too! :lol:

that said, if this kid extracts his head from his ass he might be worth all that to a team like ours.

Andrew Luck coming out of college, yes. Jameis Winston, hell no.

No one gives away the pick for luck. Not ever in any universe where today's nfl is played. The game has evolved to be so quarterback-centric a great qb can raise a team from pauper to prince. No other position comes anywhere close anymore.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

E.J. and Winston are nothing alike. That is crazy talk.

Correct. EJ was more raw coming into the NFL. It was fairly common knowledge he needed time to acclimate and grow. The injury to Kolb in preseason short-circuited that plan.

Winston is more pro-ready.

Other differences. EJ is by all accounts, a hard worker, a team guy and a guy you'd be proud to lead your team, if he pans out as a starter.

Winston is seemingly a punk. I would never be sure the guy would be at the game or suspended or in jail. He fights openly with his HC on the sidelines and has pushed a ref. While he shown a bit more accuracy, he has also shown the ability to completely break down and throw multiple interceptions.

You pick your poison. Neither is a perfect QB.

I'd trade Dareus for a top 15 first round pick in a second if there was a sure thing available at QB. Not Winston though. All that other added stuff is seriously messed up. I would bet Winston ends up in prison before playing in a NFL playoff game. What NFL team has the local police on the payroll like Florida State does with the Tallahassee police?

I'd trade Dareus for a top 15 first round pick in a second if there was a sure thing available at QB. Not Winston though. All that other added stuff is seriously messed up. I would bet Winston ends up in prison before playing in a NFL playoff game. What NFL team has the local police on the payroll like Florida State does with the Tallahassee police?

right. If that deal was to the Falcons for Matt Ryan or another team that has a relatively young but proven franchise QB and has to totally rebuild a defense and willing to gamble, I make it and don't look back. But a guy like Winston who could be feast or famine - no way. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm a fan of his analysis when it is based on film review, facts, and empirical data. His opinions flat out suck. And correct me if I am wrong, is he not a FSU grad?

Winston will be a bust. Questionable decision maker and has regressed from last year. And I've touted the simple Wonderlic stat for a long time.... show me a score above 22 and he's in the discussion as a worthwhile pick somewhere in the draft. Anything less and you're drafting someone who will never win a Super Bowl. Complain about the scores all you want but aside from every Super Bowl winner back into the 1980s had a score above 22. Coincidence? I think not. It doesn't guarantee you squat except you're unlikely to win a Super Bowl. Playoffs, sure in some cases. But a Super Bowl, hasn't happened as far as I know.

Winston is dumb as a stump and a character risk. He might grow up, but he won't get smarter.

Not sure why you guys are thinking that Jameis is that dumb. I've never heard anything like that, in fact, I have heard that he is an extremely hard worker, does a ton of prep work during the season and in the off-season (the guy was even writing plays up in a notebook at age 6 or 7 I saw in one feature on him). I agree that he is extremely immature at this point and surely lacks some common sense and decorum, but that doesn't mean he is stupid.

Edited by Mark80

Not sure why you guys are thinking that Jameis is that dumb. I've never heard anything like that, in fact, I have heard that he is an extremely hard worker, does a ton of prep work during the season and in the off-season (the guy was even writing plays up in a notebook at age 6 or 7 I saw in one feature on him). I agree that his is extremely immature at this point and surely lacks some common sense and decorum, but that doesn't mean he is stupid.

Perhaps people are defining stupid as to be somebody who keeps making the same avoidable mistakes even though they are well informed of the consequences of those mistakes.

The first thing the Bills need to do is acquire a senior NFL football adviser, and the next is to listen to him.

The Bills offensive scouting dept is very questionable the last two years with Woods, Watkins, Henderson the only starters out of nine offensive draft picks the last two years. Not to mention the bums the team picked up in free agency for the offense in Mike Williams, Bryce Brown, Chris Williams, Doug Legursky. Then who in their right mind thought Colin Brown was going to replace Levitre?

Then, would anyone really want to draft another rookie QB so Nathaniel Hackett can ruin his development too? Thaddeus Lewis, Jeff Tuel, and EJ weren't enough so far? Not to mention Kyle Orton regressed as the season went on.

I'd rather see Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez or an experienced NFL QB then another rookie. Even then I have no idea how any QB is going to play well if things stay the same with the line, coaches.

Not sure why you guys are thinking that Jameis is that dumb. I've never heard anything like that, in fact, I have heard that he is an extremely hard worker, does a ton of prep work during the season and in the off-season (the guy was even writing plays up in a notebook at age 6 or 7 I saw in one feature on him). I agree that his is extremely immature at this point and surely lacks some common sense and decorum, but that doesn't mean he is stupid.

Have you ever seen him interviewed? I recall seeing him interviewed after the last bowl game last year. He appeared about as intelligent as a box of rocks. He better make it in football, because he is going to struggle in the real world where your brain matters more.

right. If that deal was to the Falcons for Matt Ryan or another team that has a relatively young but proven franchise QB and has to totally rebuild a defense and willing to gamble, I make it and don't look back. But a guy like Winston who could be feast or famine - no way.

Funny that you mention this. I had this very thought earlier today. I wonder if a trade can be worked out where the Bills deal somebody high in salary cap for an established quarterback like Matt Ryan? Something like that could be the big news of the offseason.