A HUGE thanks to all of u and the BILLS. Retired today!

mellaman101

Today I punch clock on 20 years of Naval Service. Very hard today to ingest all the things I've been through with having 28 surgeries the past 5 years. I've been crying since I Signed my DD 214. there's a lot of people on this website who looked after me through the years. there's people on here who sent me out care packages when I was deployed, there's people here that sent me cards also when I was in the hospital. I thank you all for your support and everything else thanks to the administrators for having this website. Out of all the other football websites out there this is truly the best one, I don't say that because I'm a Bills fan I say that because friends of mine who have seen the site that are fans of other teams say so themselves. Now that I'm going home to enjoy my retirement and further heal my body, I hope I can make it up to the stadium this next year's home opener and enjoy some chicken wings and finally meet you all in person. I also want to thank the Buffalo Bills who took my retirement flag and flew it over the stadium for a game. That's going into my retirement shadow box and I'll never forget it and I will cherish it. Thank you all again happy new year god bless you and I hope to meet you all soon.

Today I punch clock on 20 years of Naval Service. Very hard today to ingest all the things I've been through with having 28 surgeries the past 5 years. I've been crying since I Signed my DD 214. there's a lot of people on this website who looked after me through the years. there's people on here who sent me out care packages when I was deployed, there's people here that sent me cards also when I was in the hospital. I thank you all for your support and everything else thanks to the administrators for having this website. Out of all the other football websites out there this is truly the best one, I don't say that because I'm a Bills fan I say that because friends of mine who have seen the site that are fans of other teams say so themselves. Now that I'm going home to enjoy my retirement and further heal my body, I hope I can make it up to the stadium this next year's home opener and enjoy some chicken wings and finally meet you all in person. I also want to thank the Buffalo Bills who took my retirement flag and flew it over the stadium for a game. That's going into my retirement shadow box and I'll never forget it and I will cherish it. Thank you all again happy new year god bless you and I hope to meet you all soon.

applause.gif

Thanks for your service!!!

best of luck in retirement!

I retired last January after 33 years in the army my friend, congratulations and thank you for your service. Enjoy life and get back to Buffalo for a game.

Congrats on your special day. I retired 5 years ago and it took me about a year to transition. I hope yours goes smoothly. I ended up moving back to Buffalo and have been so happy that I did. If you ever need any advise on veteran programs or disability stuff inbox me. Fair winds and following seas. Best of luck and thanks for your service.

Thanks for all you've done for this country. In under Clinton and out under Obama. You my friend are my hero!

And Bush in the middle.....lol

Congratulations, thank you for your service, and welcome to the club.