Why are people all about signing Jay Cutler?

MClem06

Can someone please tell me how they think this will be a good move this offseason for Buffalo? This guy is pure loser material. He has had two of the best receivers in the NFL for the past years with Chicago and still finds a way to lose. None of his teammates stick up for him, no one likes him in Chicago. He's going no where at 30 something. How does going to Buffalo make it at all a good thing for us? Please consider this a petition for NO to Cutler. Go out and get someone who isn't a washed up bum this offseason. Sign Cutler and be prepared for another 5 years of piss poor QB play. He turns the ball over at every clutch moment, he's been to the playoffs one time since 2006.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. The people on this board will exaggerate any tiny rumor that comes over the internet and, before you know it, 5 national reports will be quoting 7 or 8 different sources that swear it's true.

Cutler appears to be the best free agent QB out on the market. The team does not have a 1st round choice and Orton retired. So you have to look at our QB situation as EJ vs. the 2nd round market and the free agent market. If you look at the free agent market Cutler is the only viable guy to give you an upgrade over EJ. I am not sure Cutler would fit with what we need (Any QB the team brings in needs to play more conservative since our defense can win games). I also think Cutler wouldn't want to come to Buffalo either.

Edited by billsfan89

Cutler appears to be the best free agent QB out on the market. The team does not have a 1st round choice and Orton retired. So you have to look at our QB situation as EJ vs. the 2nd round market and the free agent market. If you look at the free agent market Cutler is the only viable guy to give you an upgrade over EJ. I am not sure Cutler would fit with what we need (Any QB the team brings in needs to play more conservative since our defense can win games). I also think Cutler wouldn't want to come to Buffalo either.

He is not a free agent...

CBF

He's not a free agent QB. He's under guaranteed contract for $15.5 million in 2015 and $16.0 million in 2016. His actual contract goes through 2019 and is still worth more than $100 million. You're suggestion is then either that the Bills pay $15.5 and $16.0 million, or that the Bears take a $31.5 million cap hit next season. Ridiculous to say the least. To boot, he's a mental midget. Chicago fans may want him gone, but he's not going anywhere.

Culter signed a multi-year deal last off season and isn't a free agent. The Bears could release him or trade him but his contract is prohibitive. I just don't see Culter as a realistic option for the Bills for many reasons.

With the Buc's likely choosing Mariota with the 1st pick I'd like to see the Bills make a fair offer for Mike Glennon. While he's not the most mobile QB, he's got prototypical size and arm strength and has had some decent success with a crummy Tampa team. Watching his play I can see a lot of poise and ability to diagnose and read the defense and go through progressions with the ability to deliver the ball with some accuracy. Maybe a conditional 4th round pick would get him? Other than Glennon, they might want to look at Mallet, Bradford or RG3. That's where I would start but my list is certainly not complete and who knows what the Bills are thinking...

Edited by All_Pro_Bills