Report: Marrone has 3-day out clause due to new ownership

YoloinOhio

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! You mean he's not goinmg to exercise that out option?

Hilarious

Why? Do you not think Marrone can find a very good paying HC job elsewhere? If not I think you are deluded. If Michigan was interested, I'm guessing he would be able to find one fairly easily, IMO. And maybe one that actually pays better, as he makes a relatively low salary for a head coach.

Marrone might want to get a verbal commitment from the FO regarding an escalation in the offensive talent level before committing to his return in 2015..

at the moment, whatever accomplishments the Bills have achieved in 2014 are being viewed as his doing by a majority of the media and fans. regardless if some of us view his tenure thus far as a failure.

if he's not delusional, he might reflect on the public image he currently enjoys, and measure it against the facts (with apologies to Dwight Shrute) ..

fact - he was hired as an innovative offensive mind, but had to ride the coat-tails of a championship caliber defense to win one more game than he lost.

fact - he was tasked with developing Fitz's replacement, but will enter his third season without a productive QB

fact - he and his offensive protege have designed a predictable, ineffective offense

fact - he cannot build a consistently productive, cohesive unit from the affordable offensive talent the scouts and GM have made available to him

if he's realistic, he might conclude that the adoration bestowed on a man who has failed so miserably, is not sustainable - and run to his most lucrative offer before next year's media parrots learn new lines, and a hopeful fan base feels, once again, betrayed

Edited by BackInDaDay

Why? Do you not think Marrone can find a very good paying HC job elsewhere? If not I think you are deluded. If Michigan was interested, I'm guessing he would be able to find one fairly easily, IMO. And maybe one that actually pays better, as he makes a relatively low salary for a head coach.

Name one job that would pay him more right now.

Michigan got the man they were actually interested. It was always Harbaugh, never Marrone. To believe otherwise is delusional. So is thinking a guy like Marrone is going to walk away from the pure Godsend of an NFL HC job.

Lol deluded.

"Hey Ian (or Mort or Laconfora or whoever), as I'm sure you recall I helped with your story in August. Can you drop my name in that Michigan report? It'd help my perceived value quite a bit."

Thanks,

Doug

Ya I'm gonna say the idea that he'd walk away from this gig is in fact hilarious.

Why is this coming out now? Who leaked this information? Was it Marrone, Marrone's agent or someone else? If it was leaked by Marrone's camp, is it getting the word out that he may be available for a different opportunity? interesting.

Name one job that would pay him more right now.

Michigan got the man they were actually interested. It was always Harbaugh, never Marrone. To believe otherwise is delusional. So is thinking a guy like Marrone is going to walk away from the pure Godsend of an NFL HC job.

I didn't say he'd find one tomorrow. But within a year, I have no doubt he'd find a good HC job (college or pro) that paid him near, or more, that what he makes now. He took a 6-10 Bills team and in his second year turned them into a 9 win team. In Syracuse he took a bumbling loosing squad and took them to two bowl games. There will be a pretty good job for him, whether or not you like him.

I didn't say he'd find one tomorrow. But within a year, I have no doubt he'd find a good HC job (college or pro) that paid him near, or more, that what he makes now. He took a 6-10 Bills team and in his second year turned them into a 9 win team. In Syracuse he took a bumbling loosing squad and took them to two bowl games. There will be a pretty good job for him, whether or not you like him.

i agree - just from the opinions expressed in this forum.. perception is reality, so he'd be wise to strike before reality sours the perception.

It's not about "liking" a guy. It's about believing a questionable HC talent would walk away from a career zenith. It absolutely makes no sense.

A year from now?--yeah, a year after inexplicably walking away from the best job he will ever have (and doing...nothing?) Marrone's stock would be at an all time high. Offers rollingin offering more money than he's ever counted.

Unbelievable

It's not about "liking" a guy. It's about believing a questionable HC talent would walk away from a career zenith. It absolutely makes no sense.

A year from now?--yeah, a year after inexplicably walking away from the best job he will ever have (and doing...nothing?) Marrone's stock would be at an all time high. Offers rollingin offering more money than he's ever counted.

Unbelievable

Nothing? Took a 6-10 team and turned them into a 9-7 team in two years---without a real QB. That's nothing?

Nothing? Took a 6-10 team and turned them into a 9-7 team in two years---without a real QB. That's nothing?

It's fine. But it doesn't change the fact that he is at his apex--no one walks away from this job unless he has a better job in hand. he doesn't. And he certainly wouldn't be more likely to a year from now.

Look--there is no sense arguing otherwise--Marrone has already layed your claim to rest.. He's no fool--he's of course staying.