Would you trade a 5th for Josh Gordon?

YoloinOhio

i meant a fifth of vodka. Would you still do it?

depends on the quality of Vodka of course.

but i have no experience with it. So i would bring in a consultant.

bring him put peer pressure on him and kick his tires till he relented, yes i would.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the chance to meet Josh earlier this year while he was suspended. My impression is that he's a decent kid, but definitely likes to go his own way. I live about an hour away from Cleveland so I hear a lot of the news and chatter about the Browns. The knock on Josh is that while he's a hard worker, he's definitely a maverick and has problems with authority. So a change of scenery may not make any difference. Sometimes the right coach can work with guys like this....but is Marrone the right guy?

I would trade a 5th for Gordon in a heartbeat. You have to get a little lucky to get over the top. If it doesn't work out it is Cyril Richardson.

What would you guess the contract would look like at this point? Really it's Richardson and a free agent but I don't know how big a player that would be

I had the chance to meet Josh earlier this year while he was suspended. My impression is that he's a decent kid, but definitely likes to go his own way. I live about an hour away from Cleveland so I hear a lot of the news and chatter about the Browns. The knock on Josh is that while he's a hard worker, he's definitely a maverick and has problems with authority. So a change of scenery may not make any difference. Sometimes the right coach can work with guys like this....but is Marrone the right guy?

I think a big question would be if you think he reached dareus or if you think that his agent made him realize the money implications.... Otherwise, there aren't many reforms to point to on marrones resume

Gordon makes peanuts for two more years I think.

ah - I thought he was becoming a free agent sooner

Just checked --- 1 year at about 1m left. He could be our new mike Williams! A 3rd WR that has produced but is troubled and doesn't play special teams

Edited by NoSaint

I think a big question would be if you think he reached dareus or if you think that his agent made him realize the money implications.... Otherwise, there aren't many reforms to point to on marrones resume

Just checked --- 1 year at about 1m left. He could be our new mike Williams! A 3rd WR that has produced but is troubled and doesn't play special teams

He was suspended for the team's final game, so he ended up only playing five games this year. He needed to play at least six games to have accrued a season toward free agency.

Edited by Fingon

What would you guess the contract would look like at this point? Really it's Richardson and a free agent but I don't know how big a player that would be

I think that his contract will be HEAVILY incentivized wherever he ends up. If you pay him a lot it means that he was productive and active. Otherwise it will be like Mike Williams. The Bills have a lot of depth now but a star wouldn't hurt.

Rotoworld has him under contract for 2016. Sportrac doesn't. They both are usually accurate but make some mistakes. Seems to be a little discrepancy over whether the suspension for the whole season makes 2016 his last year or is it still 2015. Be interesting to see. Maybe it's only one year left.

I'm still not convinced that Marrone prioritizes ability over his grudges.

I really don't think grudge is the right word, but I'm not in the room. With Dareus (and Hughes), they showed that they're willing to overlook dumb stuff if the guy can help the team. Maybe there are some conditions as well (such as being on time, playing hard, etc...) but I think that's probably not a bad thing.