Hard Knocks here we come?

Justice

What are the qualifications?

Good stuff!

If you've been on HK the past ten years, you made it to the playoffs, or if you have a new coach, you are not required to participate. Unless you want to volunteer.

*Clarification: If you made it to the playoffs last season or if you have a new coach this season

Edited by COBillsBacker

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can be conspiratorial here, what if the Pats** put a guy on the HBO film crew, or found a guy on the crew and paid him/her to spy? Would it be that hard to do if you really wanted to cheat? You even do it through a third party so the spy has no idea who they are spying for.

And now that I have my tin foil hat on, I hope that Terry Pegula hires some security experts when playing the Pats**. Sweep for unauthorized frequencies, listening devices, cameras, etc. Nothing wrong with a little paranoia. If I'm Rex I'd put out some "bait" plays just to see if the Pats** suddenly know what the Bills are doing.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That Rodak tweet (parroting a Carucci report) was from March:

The #Bills were asked by the #NFL if they'd be interested in being featured on HBO's Hard Knocks tthis summer, They said no.

— Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) March 24, 2015

I doubt anything has changed the Bills stance on HK since March.

@mikerodak

Bills source confirms that the team is still not interested in doing Hard Knocks this summer.

Follow up

from a yahoo link

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/the-texans-are-a-great-choice-for-hbo-s-hard-knocks-161001846.html

The Texans reportedly edged out the Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins as HBO’s selection. While some may be disappointed they won’t get some new Rex Ryan soundbites, the Texans have plenty of fun storylines that will make for engaging TV.

Here are were the eligible teams. Any of those teams can be selected to appear on the show if there are no volunteers:

Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Giants
Oakland Raiders
Pittsburgh Steelers
St. Louis Rams

per http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000315959/article/hbos-hard-knocks-has-eight-contenders-in-place

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Follow up

from a yahoo link

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/the-texans-are-a-great-choice-for-hbo-s-hard-knocks-161001846.html

The Texans reportedly edged out the Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins as HBO’s selection. While some may be disappointed they won’t get some new Rex Ryan soundbites, the Texans have plenty of fun storylines that will make for engaging TV.

Here are were the eligible teams. Any of those teams can be selected to appear on the show if there are no volunteers:

Arizona Cardinals

Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears

Jacksonville Jaguars

New York Giants

Oakland Raiders

Pittsburgh Steelers

St. Louis Rams

per http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000315959/article/hbos-hard-knocks-has-eight-contenders-in-place

That kind of makes no sense considering the Bills, Bears and Raiders could not have been made to do the show as they have a first year HC. I also don't get the Steelers being on it...didn't they make the playoffs last year? Therefore they also shouldn't be on the list as a team that could be forced to do the show.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sucks. Maybe next year...

Sal actually surmised on WGR this morning that they may do it next year - he thought the Pegulas didn't think it was the right time and also that they might gather more info on it as it takes place in houston this year to determine what all is involved.

That kind of makes no sense considering the Bills, Bears and Raiders could not have been made to do the show as they have a first year HC. I also don't get the Steelers being on it...didn't they make the playoffs last year? Therefore they also shouldn't be on the list as a team that could be forced to do the show.

that is what I thought - they could not be forced, only volunteer - but the yahoo was inline with an NFL column soooo WTF ?????

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Sal actually surmised on WGR this morning that they may do it next year - he thought the Pegulas didn't think it was the right time and also that they might gather more info on it as it takes place in houston this year to determine what all is involved.

isn't Hard Knocks usually for NON playoff teams?

so that should also count the Bills out :excl: :excl: :lol: