Pope Francis ain't messing around

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That usually happens when someone talks out their ass.

OK. Let's have the productive conversation you want. He indicted the Catholic "organization," whatever the f^&% that means. I assumed that would mean the church leadership, who I would put as its priests and nuns (over a million) and its organized lay personnel, who number in the millions. Nes pa? Or do you need more details?

This hijack definitely added a lot to the thread. Thank you for making sure this vital contribution to the board occurred.

Edited by John Adams

OK. Let's have the productive conversation you want. He indicted the Catholic "organization," whatever the f^&% that means. I assumed that would mean the church leadership, who I would put as its priests and nuns (over a million) and its organized lay personnel, who number in the millions. Nes pa? Or do you need more details?

This hijack definitely added a lot to the thread. Thank you for making sure this vital contribution to the board occurred.

Let me clarify:

The good works of many are for naught when the illegal, immoral and outright evil deeds of others are covered up by the organization that essentially represents them.

Let me clarify:

The good works of many are for naught when the illegal, immoral and outright evil deeds of others are covered up by the organization that essentially represents them.

"Sorry, sisters. I know the nursing care you provide to AIDS suffers in Nigeria is valuable, but it means !@#$-all because some priest in Detroit diddled his altar boys."

You're an idiot.

Edited by DC Tom

"Sorry, sisters. I know the nursing care you provide to AIDS suffers in Nigeria is valuable, but it means !@#$-all because some priest in Detroit diddled his altar boys."

You're an idiot.

High praise.

=D

Don't feel bad, though. I feel the same contempt for most religious organizations.

Edited by joesixpack

Sorry to have hijacked a thread in which you have graced us with your presence. That never happens here and every post is loaded with vital contributions. Sorry to have gotten your sensitive panties in a bind. :rolleyes:

I was hoping this would be your response.

You've essentially admitted that the current Pope is nothing more than a disillusioned South American pseudo-intellectual, radically influenced by the revolutions in his own country in his youth, now pontificating (lowercase "P") on topics he's not qualified to address, and conforming to his Che Guevara confirmation biases along the way. You admit he has no authority to speak to these topics, yet he lends the weight of his position. You admit he's a !@#$.

i admit nothing of the sort. what i'm witnessing is a widely respected man in a widely respected position affecting change on issues he feels important. and i couldn't be happier about it.

i admit nothing of the sort. what i'm witnessing is a widely respected man in a widely respected position affecting change on issues he feels important. and i couldn't be happier about it.

You may not understand that you've admitted it, and if you ever do understand, you may not like that you've admitted it; but, just the same, you have.

Enjoy your Red Pope,

You may not understand that you've admitted it, and if you ever do understand, you may not like that you've admitted it; but, just the same, you have.

Enjoy your Red Pope,

by your pretzel logic, the vast majority of what preceding popes stated re politics was out of bounds and said without qualification any time they didn't speak ex cathedra. remember that whole "estates of the realm" thing from history? i guess your revising that all by yourself.

you are the arbiter of absolutely nothing .

Edited by birdog1960

• 2 weeks later...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/pope-concern-poor-gospel-communism-28145888. a majority of the american bishops eyebrows are now permanently raised.

He is a Communist.

Show me, in the Bible, the passage where Jesus forces, or recommends the use of force, to seperate an individual from his property.

Conversely, I can show you exactly what he thought of tax collectors.

He is a Communist.

Show me, in the Bible, the passage where Jesus forces, or recommends the use of force, to seperate an individual from his property.

Conversely, I can show you exactly what he thought of tax collectors.

Well, he did say "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's."

And he did have a tax collector for a disciple. (Matthew)

Well, he did say "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's."

An odd interpretation of the Bible, that. You supposed that Jesus' intent in that passage was to equate the authority of the state with the authority of God?

And he did have a tax collector for a disciple. (Matthew)

A former tax collector. You'll note that Matthew repented his wickedness, and collected no taxes after joining Jesus.

Ya Jesus sounded like a real captain of industry:

Mark 10:17-22

And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Why does the bible be hating on rich people so?

James 1:9-11 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.

I don't disagree, gator: "the meek shall inherit the Earth".

And yet, despite the uncontested truth that Jesus taught that wealthiness and Godliness were a difficult pairing, at best, he never uses his heavenly powers to separate individuals from their property; more over, he never even suggests that individuals be forcibly separated from their property.

Rather, he says individuals should freely give, of their own volition.

He is a Communist.

He's not a commie. Show me where the Pope forces, or recommends the use of force, to separate an individual from his property.

It seems both the libs and the conservatives on here want to think the Pope is a commie. He isn't.

Read better.