Kyle Orton is a Horrible Quarterback

Coach Tuesday

I'm just not sure how you could view it this way - you acknowledge he is playing horribly and missing wide-open receivers, yet you conclude that it must substantially result from the coaching since his play is so far below his norm. I concede the coaching is terrible. Yet so is Orton and it shouldn't even be debatable. He is missing wide-open receivers because, as others have pointed out, he throws entirely with his arm - he cannot use his lower body to drive the ball. He may be in better cardio shape than he was earlier in the season, but he is not in game shape - his mechanics are terrible and it's clearly because of a lack of lower-body functional strength. And he also seems quick to give up on plays, which suggests to me that he is suffering from an "inner chest" ailment... yes he used to be more consistently average. No, that doesn't mean that a good coaching staff would've kept him at his normal level of mediocrity. Players regress, especially after they've half retired. The coaches are bad. Orton is terrible.

I don't even think he used to be more consistently average. This is his 2nd best season statistically so he's not playing any "worse" than he used to. I think his first couple games were a mirage he just happened to put a couple games together. The last 5 games he has regressed to his normal average self. I remember listening to the radio after his 4th game and he was on pace, if he played a full season, for something like 36 TDs and 4000+ yards. Thats not Kyle Orton, he has NEVER been that good. So those first 4 games were were got evened out by these bad ones.

This is the same Kyle Orton. He just isn't good enough.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, once opposing D coordinators had some film on him and took away his comfort zones, he lacked the athleticism or the will to be successful.

or once they realized we couldn't run the ball or block all that well they started playing the pass all all the time

I don't even think he used to be more consistently average. This is his 2nd best season statistically so he's not playing any "worse" than he used to. I think his first couple games were a mirage he just happened to put a couple games together. The last 5 games he has regressed to his normal average self. I remember listening to the radio after his 4th game and he was on pace, if he played a full season, for something like 36 TDs and 4000+ yards. Thats not Kyle Orton, he has NEVER been that good. So those first 4 games were were got evened out by these bad ones.

This is the same Kyle Orton. He just isn't good enough.

To be honest its the same Bills we are not good enough

He's a good backup

We have 9 years of knowing what Orton is. This is what he is. A guy who you want to replace.

I agree about always wanting to replace him. There are probably at least 20 teams in the league who would like to replace their current guy. Other than Brady, Ben, Luck, Rivers, ManningX2, Romo, Rogers, Stafford, Ryan, Wilson... did I miss anyone? The point is, if you don't have a franchise guy in this league, you will always want a better one.

I know EJ got killed by Houston. Hit too many times. And we were legit in the game. He played bad vs san diego but if Marrone is a fair man. He will bench Orton because he played bad for 5 straight. HOW LONG OF A LEASH DOES THIS CLOWN GET!!!!!

Agent91 - I'm not singling you out but this is the exact type of response that runs rampant in our society today. Everyone is so focused on immediate gratification (myself included) because we want texts, emails, tweets, faxes, deliveries, etc. NOW, NOW, NOW. We lack patience as a society and even as sports fans. We were willing to give EJ two seasons and saw little improvement after game four. So we switched and won enough games to have a chance at the playoffs. This guy (Orton) was literally on his couch about to retire when he got the call from the Bills. I saw him make numerous TD throws with a good/above average arm. His mobility is lacking but perhaps a full off season and training camp can help him. He has the brain and competitiveness that can equate to more wins next year and his body has not been banged up like so many other free agents and veterans. When you look at other teams' situations at QB (Cleveland, Jax, Vikings, Tampa Bay, Redskins, Rams, Titans, Jets, and others) are we really in such a bad spot with Orton and EJ?? We all need to buckle our seat belts because Orton and EJ are our QB's next season once we get a beefed up O Line (mobile guards and a new TE).

Agent91 - I'm not singling you out but this is the exact type of response that runs rampant in our society today. Everyone is so focused on immediate gratification (myself included) because we want texts, emails, tweets, faxes, deliveries, etc. NOW, NOW, NOW. We lack patience as a society and even as sports fans. We were willing to give EJ two seasons and saw little improvement after game four. So we switched and won enough games to have a chance at the playoffs. This guy (Orton) was literally on his couch about to retire when he got the call from the Bills. I saw him make numerous TD throws with a good/above average arm. His mobility is lacking but perhaps a full off season and training camp can help him. He has the brain and competitiveness that can equate to more wins next year and his body has not been banged up like so many other free agents and veterans. When you look at other teams' situations at QB (Cleveland, Jax, Vikings, Tampa Bay, Redskins, Rams, Titans, Jets, and others) are we really in such a bad spot with Orton and EJ?? We all need to buckle our seat belts because Orton and EJ are our QB's next season once we get a beefed up O Line (mobile guards and a new TE).

Good call, only quibble I have is, change even as sports fans, to especially as sports fans! :D