St. Doug to Michigan?

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, let me try this: The Marrone love is laughable and stupid at the same time.

Love? I know Marrone is not perfect but he's the best coach this team had since Wade Phillips, who wasn't perfect either but we (Ralph) made a huge mistake firing him. Don't mistake love with objectivity, which you clearly lack .

I disagree that it isn't more prestigious (and I love the Bills & hate Michigan). A big part of what makes those jobs is tradition & alumni money. Is ND any good? Texas? Those are still considered way better jobs than somewhere like Ole Miss even though Ole Miss would pound those teams (when healthy). Here is a list of the 10 best coaching jobs in football as of 2 years ago. http://m.espn.go.com...842&src=desktop

While I agree that Michigan isn't what it used to be (and may never be). The job clearly still has appeal.

It can't compare to an NFL job. And Michigan can't recruit a QB anymore.

Besides. Michigan just fired a schlumpy, dour HC...

It can't compare to an NFL job. And Michigan can't recruit a QB anymore.

Besides. Michigan just fired a schlumpy, dour HC...

So a more recognizable job, that pays you double the money, at a place that has won as many games as anyone is a worse job? Look, I despise Michigan and love the Bills but if you were to ask 100 objective outsiders at least 90 would say that UM is a better job. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I disagree that it isn't more prestigious (and I love the Bills & hate Michigan). A big part of what makes those jobs is tradition & alumni money. Is ND any good? Texas? Those are still considered way better jobs than somewhere like Ole Miss even though Ole Miss would pound those teams (when healthy). Here is a list of the 10 best coaching jobs in football as of 2 years ago. http://m.espn.go.com...842&src=desktop

While I agree that Michigan isn't what it used to be (and may never be). The job clearly still has appeal.

That list is ridiculous. Houston? New England?

But yes, Michigan is a prestigious job.

So a more recognizable job, that pays you double the money, at a place that has won as many games as anyone is a worse job? Look, I despise Michigan and love the Bills but if you were to ask 100 objective outsiders at least 90 would say that UM is a better job.

But he wouldn't get to be a Saint.

True. BUT as a franchise, there is no margin for error. Can't give him 5 years to find out it has been a failure. Then we are going on 20.

Want us to turn into the Chicago Cubs?

You cannot let past fauilures be the grounds for poor decisions now. You could extrapolate thd irrational sunk cost mentality into firing any coach who loses a game. Time to stop the madness.

I agree has its appeal, but just seems to me not as big as it once was. I may be wrong, but think ND even has fallen a bit for younger guys. Same deal as Michigan...hard academics, cold weather, etc. Again, not saying its a bad job, but for instance 20 years ago Miles jumping at the chance to go from LSU to Michigan....never happen now.

Now that we can all agree on :thumbsup:

These should actually make the job more appealing and more prestigious, IMO. Michigan isn't what it used to be in national competitiveness, but it's still a top level college job. Well, let's say a high-level job. But with the right guy, at the right time, poised to be top level once again.

I get a feeling the college game is in for a seismic shift, though I thought it would have happened by now. With more college programs being exposed for recruiting violations and embarrassingly bad education experiences, there is something to be said for those schools who perform well, and stay out of the troubled headlines.

Doug seems like a guy who would be drawn more to a program like Michigan than a mid-level SEC school, IMO.

With that said, I hope the Bills don't have to go through another HC change this offseason.

Let Marrone and Hackett go. They have 0% to do with our record. It's all defense and personnel

This has got to be the silliest post I've ever seen on this board. I'm sitting here in Atlanta on December 21st waiting for a meaningful Bills game to start and you think the Head Coach has nothing to do with it. Try watching the vids of post game and locker room interviews. There is passion there. The players have "give a $#1Tability" which was gone for over a decade. I'm enjoying the heck out of this season and watching the progress the team is making. There's a lot of guys, and Marrone is one of them, who are working their butts off to give us something to celebrate. Your comment is not helping.

True. BUT as a franchise, there is no margin for error. Can't give him 5 years to find out it has been a failure. Then we are going on 20.

Want us to turn into the Chicago Cubs?

Ironically what you are arguing is the sure-fire recipe for continuing failure.

Marrone deserves some respect around here. Don't understand Buffalo fans and media.

I agree 100%. The Bills should be giving this guy a contract extension. We are now relevant. He deserves credit for getting the most out of this team with limited quarterbacking play. The playoffs are possible but too bad we didn't capture one of four critical games (KC, SD, Houston, or Miami).

Furthermore, 6 head coaches this century isn't enough for Buffalo fans. It seems like most want to fire another one because as you all know, successful teams change coaches every other year in the NFL....oh wait that's soccer.

Edited by KRT88

Love? I know Marrone is not perfect but he's the best coach this team had since Wade Phillips, who wasn't perfect either but we (Ralph) made a huge mistake firing him. Don't mistake love with objectivity, which you clearly lack .

Wade had to go. He wouldn't wear a headset.

You cannot let past fauilures be the grounds for poor decisions now. You could extrapolate thd irrational sunk cost mentality into firing any coach who loses a game. Time to stop the madness.

I totally agree. How can you hold Whaley and Marrone accountable for what happened before their time. Flip flopping has turned the Raiders into a bottom dweller. Remember this is a team that the best winning % in pro sports for from the 60's to the early 90's. Give these guy 2 more years and the Bills will be a top tier team.

Ironically what you are arguing is the sure-fire recipe for continuing failure.

I am not against giving Doug another year. BUT, it has to be the playoffs. All winning coaches for the Bills through the years hadd the team in gear by the 3rd year. Levy now had it in place in his second.

You can't let mediocrity play on... I would rather have change every 3-4 years and fail that way.

I agree 100%. The Bills should be giving this guy a contract extension. We are now relevant. He deserves credit for getting the most out of this team with limited quarterbacking play. The playoffs are possible but too bad we didn't capture one of four critical games (KC, SD, Houston, or Miami).

Furthermore, 6 head coaches this century isn't enough for Buffalo fans. It seems like most want to fire another one because as you all know, successful teams change coaches every other year in the NFL....oh wait that's soccer.

He has two more years, right? I'd wait until next year, just to be sure.