Cutler Benched; Clausen to Start at QB for Bears on Sunday

26CornerBlitz

Puhleeze. Just let him disappear somewhere else - hopefully to the Jets.

Who else is going to be available? People think that teams are just going to give up a QB. With how hard it is to even find the level of Cutler, teams are not going to let go of their starter.

Going into next year with Orton and EJ is not only a PR nightmare, it is not a good plan if you want this team to buy all in again (The defense)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else is going to be available? People think that teams are just going to give up a QB. With how hard it is to even find the level of Cutler, teams are not going to let go of their starter.

Going into next year with Orton and EJ is not only a PR nightmare, it is not a good plan if you want this team to buy all in again (The defense)

It's why playing Orton was a mistake in the first place

And fans who get excited for Cutler really don't understand football. Unless they love costly turnovers at bad times.

I'm not sure why everyone is hating on Cutler so much just because he's been terrible this season. His situation in Chicago is so toxic it's no surprise their season has been a disaster. People acting like Cutler is terrible don't know what they're talking about though.

His career completion percentage is higher than:

-Eli Manning's

-Joe Flacco's

-Andy Dalton's

-Alex Smith's

-Matthew Stafford's

-Cam Newton's

-Sam Bradford's

-Andrew Luck's

It's why playing Orton was a mistake in the first place

And fans who get excited for Cutler really don't understand football. Unless they love costly turnovers at bad times.

Where I stand on the Cutler debate is this. I am not against or for it. If they do it shows they are trying to at least make a move for improvement. Whether you agree on the Cutler/improvement situation or not is another story. If Cutler comes here I am going to root my ass of for him to lead this team into the playoffs.

Where I stand on the Cutler debate is this. I am not against or for it. If they do it shows they are trying to at least make a move for improvement. Whether you agree on the Cutler/improvement situation or not is another story. If Cutler comes here I am going to root my ass of for him to lead this team into the playoffs.

I think the idea that he is an improvement is a misguided one. Sort of like Orton. You are what you are after 9 years.

Cutler has a great arm who makes awful decisions and is a bad leader. Josh McCown outperformed him in the same system last year.

I think the idea that he is an improvement is a misguided one. Sort of like Orton. You are what you are after 9 years.

Cutler has a great arm who makes awful decisions and is a bad leader. Josh McCown outperformed him in the same system last year.

Players are different in different years and teams. They're like bands and movie directors. Some only have one great one in them. Some have 2-3 but you never know when they are going to come. Warner was not so great, then great, then not so great again, then great again. Schwartz on Detroit had terrible years, good years and a great year.

And yet Cutler was rewarded with the monster contract extension.

GO BILLS!!!

And yet Cutler was rewarded with the monster contract extension.

GO BILLS!!!

Cutler is younger. In hindsight, they probably were better off sticking with McCown for much less money.

Players are different in different years and teams. They're like bands and movie directors. Some only have one great one in them. Some have 2-3 but you never know when they are going to come. Warner was not so great, then great, then not so great again, then great again. Schwartz on Detroit had terrible years, good years and a great year.

JMO, I don't think Cutler has ever really been good. His issues are the same ones he had since Denver.

Schwartz was a good DC in Tennessee and had playoff success. Warner was amazing in St. Louis and won a SB. Cutler has made the playoffs once.

I mean we tried to hope after 4 teams, Orton was suddenly a decent starter. I think Cutler is much more of a headache than Bills fans realize. He can single handedly lose gameS. See the opener this year.

Let's do it.

EDIT: You added that 4 years after I posted, but I still say do it. Rodgers' contract averages $22 million a year. Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco's around $20 a year. It won't be surprising to see $25 million a year contracts for QBs by 2016.

And it doesn't really matter who we'd have to cut to make cap space because there isn't anyone on the team I wouldn't be willing to get rid of to make room for a QB with a career 64.7% completion rating with more than twice as many career TDs as INTs. Mario/Marcell/Williams/Hughes may be the best Dline we've ever had but none of them are going to affect the game nearly as much as a QB.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

NOBODY is going to trade for Jay Cutler strictly because of the albatross that is his contract.

He either stays with the Bears or they waive him prior to the third day of the league year in March.

Does acquiring him as a free agent at a greatly reduced number change anyone's opinion about signing him? I wonder.

GO BILLS!!!

I almost feel sorry for Clausen. Almost.

GO BILLS!!!

hes actually the anonymous bear vet that is "confused and uncomfortable about the decision"

NOBODY is going to trade for Jay Cutler strictly because of the albatross that is his contract.

He either stays with the Bears or they waive him prior to the third day of the league year in March.

Does acquiring him as a free agent at a greatly reduced number change anyone's opinion about signing him? I wonder.

GO BILLS!!!

or if he agreed to a new deal as part of a trade maybe?

How is going into next year with Orton and EJ a PR nightmare considering Orton didnt even have a camp ?

What level is Cutler exactly because the Bears have done everything they could over 6 years and they have not found a way to consistently win with him ? The Bears found a way to win consistently with Orton ?

If we finish 10-6 or even 9-7 the goal would be to continue to move forward how does Cutler move this team forward ? The Bears gave him a fantasy team and he took them backward .

The Bears at this point have no choice but to stay with Cutler and then at end of next year get rid of the GM ,coach,and Cutler . The bears fired Lovie Smith after a 10-6 season because everyone felt that Cutler was a "stahhhh" and he didnt know what to do with him .

Jay Cutler has had more help from a organization than I can recall maybe in the last 20 years and couldnt do anything with it . 4 offensive coordinators several qb coaches until they basically let him pick his own . They kept his college receiver Earl bennett around and then went and got Marshall because he was Cutlers buddy . If if everything is constantly changed and moved around to accommodate you over 6 years and then you still cant get it done the problem is probably you .