My Buffalo Review

packfntk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, next year it is either Denver or AZ. Want to get to them all some day, and then we'll have to see the new stadiums. That's ok with me! :)

Both good choices. Won't be too long before a return trip to Buffalo is needed! For better or worse, depending upon your view - there are people who don't want to change the tail gating situation for the stadium, but it's going to happen. You said it, it's old. I was at the first game in '73 and it was a ridiculous upgrade at the time.

PS - I have a sister in Appleton who volunteers in some booth for her church at Packer games, but swears she never sees the game. I'd bust out to catch some game and let the church folk talk smack about me, but I guess that's just me.

Edited by Augie

You confirm what I wanted to say in the Packerfan thread, the couple bad experiences we had with "Packer fans" it turned out they were "faux fans" from Canada. I knew better since my dad was from Oshkosh and I still have many cousins in WI.

Oh I know your defense gave him all he can handle, but he was just off. Maybe it was miscommunications with his WR's, but he rarely misses those back shoulder throws. He wasn't even close and I have never seen him make bad throws like that, even without pressure at times.

From what I was seeing it looked like Rodgers was anticipating pressure even when there wasn't any and was getting the ball out quick. He looked really flustered out there even from the beginning which I found a little strange because he had time for most of the early drives. Just looked like whatever he saw on film from the D-line was just really in his head and threw him off his game before he even stepped on the field...

After every Bills FG you guys sing the shout song, Where in lambeau for a FG you get a golf clap because we wanted a TD. Just shows we are spoiled.

That bugs me to, it's just a FG, don't be playing the Shout song. Though in recent years we'd probably wouldn't get to hear it at all during a game if they did that.

That bugs me to, it's just a FG, don't be playing the Shout song. Though in recent years we'd probably wouldn't get to hear it at all during a game if they did that.

I second that. I don't think the Shout song should be played after a FG either. Hey maybe I should start a poll and see what people think!

Just my take, but I thought right from the get-go Rodgers was throwing the ball too early...as if he anticipated the heat from the Bills' DL and wanted to be sure he got rid of the ball. Early throws combined with tight, physical coverage = bad things for the offense.

Eball- I saw the same thing. I thought McCarthy probably overcoached Rodgers to get rid of it quick, because the interior pressure would collapse his pocket faster than he usually gets from his line, and he usually moves around with his feet to give his guys time to get open.

Pack- Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I've heard we're akin to you in that we're the Packers without the rings. We have the same passion, and love for our team and for football. I have a deep amount of respect for your team, fans, and your history. If I weren't a Bills fan, I'd be a Packers fan. My middle son is a huge Cardinals fan so I have to root for them, but your the team I hope makes it to the SB if they do not. Now do us all a favor and kick the crap out of the Seahawks.

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Minnesota Vikings

Kansas City Chiefs

Tennessee Titans

Pittsburgh Steelers

Atlanta Falcons

San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills

Green Bay Packers

Those are the stadiums I have been to so far. Are you asking about the stadium, or the city? Or what?

Impressive list, I guess i was just referring to the overall experience of the stadium, city, and fans. Kansas City and Green Bay are the stadiums I really wanna make it to sooner than later

Impressive list, I guess i was just referring to the overall experience of the stadium, city, and fans. Kansas City and Green Bay are the stadiums I really wanna make it to sooner than later

I would say crowd noise it would be like this:

Kansas City (Still feel it was louder than Seattle)

Seattle

Green Bay

Baltimore

Detroit

Minnesota (We were there for Favre's first game, that could be why)

Buffalo

Atlanta

San Diego

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Chicago

Seattle

Green Bay

Baltimore

Detroit

Buffalo

Atlanta

San Diego

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Chicago

How about for tailgating?

Never attended a game in Detroit, but I'm suprised it ranked that high on the crowd noise list. I know being a dome helps, but that seems like one of the quietest stadiums on television. At least when the Lions play, the Bills Jets game seemed louder than most Lions games.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

How about for tailgating?

Tailgating would go like this in my eyes:

Lambeau Field

The Ralph

Arrowhead

LP Field

Heinz Field

M&T Bank

Qualcomm

Georgia Dome

Soldier Field

Ford Field

Mall of America

Qwest

Seattle was terrible in this aspect. Can't even drink in the stadium parking lot. And no, I am not kidding.

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle

Green Bay

Baltimore

Detroit

Buffalo

Atlanta

San Diego

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Chicago

Not sure if your still around packfntk but now that we know we are playing in Kansas City next year, we are already talking about going to Arrowhead. How was the bar and restaurant scene in KC?

Not sure if your still around packfntk but now that we know we are playing in Kansas City next year, we are already talking about going to Arrowhead. How was the bar and restaurant scene in KC?

Kansas City is an awesome place to visit. The last time the BILLS played there (opener a couple of years ago), Saturday night we had dinner in the same restaurant as about 20 of the players. The Chiefs' fans were really nice to us, despite the ass whipping we laid on them. I honestly thought we were going to get rolled going in there.

Kansas City is an awesome place to visit. The last time the BILLS played there (opener a couple of years ago), Saturday night we had dinner in the same restaurant as about 20 of the players. The Chiefs' fans were really nice to us, despite the ass whipping we laid on them. I honestly thought we were going to get rolled going in there.

Hopefully we can have a repeat performance of that game, I remember a bunch of my friends watched it at my buddy's place and we decided before the game to take a shot everytime the Bills scored a TD, we had no idea what we were about to be in for