elizabeth warren is correct on this

birdog1960

You should know very well Jim, that no one ever got ahead in the financial markets without an Ivy League degree - or at least they were admitted to one of them and daddy got them a job at the firm when they flunked out.

The Skull and Bones strikes again.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the difference is that nothing is stopping you from getting into med school. it's largely a meritocracy. high finance, insider info, shoulder rubbing? not so much.

Theres even less stopping you from registering for the CFA program like meazza and I did. No MCATs to take, no school admissions board, just the nominal registration fee and understanding of the material.

Finance is the ultimate meritocracy. No one cares where you came from. Can you make money?

Theres even less stopping you from registering for the CFA program like meazza and I did. No MCATs to take, no school admissions board, just the nominal registration fee and understanding of the material.

Finance is the ultimate meritocracy. No one cares where you came from. Can you make money?

I have an associates degree in soufflé making for God's sake.

Edited by Chef Jim

Still awaiting proof that it's an insiders club of old money trust fund kids.

After living in SoCal for the past 20 years, I've learned a little about trust fund kids, and the first thing I noticed is they have no interest in working anywhere, for anything, at any time, for any reason.

Yeah, but it's from an Ivy League school - right?

And your dad got you a job at the firm when you retired from the academic world.

Common man, fess up.

No it was a Basil League school. And the only thing I got from my dad was $300 when I sold him my stereo after I graduated from said Basil League school.

After living in SoCal for the past 20 years, I've learned a little about trust fund kids, and the first thing I noticed is they have no interest in working anywhere, for anything, at any time, for any reason.

Dude, you should see them up here! The only time they get off their lazy ass is to protest something in Berkeley.

Theres even less stopping you from registering for the CFA program like meazza and I did.

Ok I understand that you don't like him but you can't seriously be this cruel.

Speaking of which, I got the CFA diploma Wallpaper. !@#$ing ridiculous.

Which is usually, ironically, related to the inequities and unfairness of wealth distribution.

Which is very ironic because while they're not out breaking **** in Berkeley there sitting around coffee shops saying how ironic everything is.

Ok I understand that you don't like him but you can't seriously be this cruel.

Speaking of which, I got the CFA diploma Wallpaper. !@#$ing ridiculous.

So you're both CFA's. It all makes sense now.

Here, in Rhode Island, they become Democratic members of the House of Representitives.

Down here in CT we're represented by another "progressive" with a true man-of-the-people resume:

Rich parents - check

Ivy League degree (with a stint at Oxford, 'natch) - check

Goldman Sachs alum - check

Perhaps Congressman Himes can introduce legislation to break up the Wall Street old boys network!

Down here in CT we're represented by another "progressive" with a true man-of-the-people resume:

Rich parents - check

Ivy League degree (with a stint at Oxford, 'natch) - check

Goldman Sachs alum - check

Perhaps Congressman Himes can introduce legislation to break up the Wall Street old boys network!

perhaps he will. if he acts more like boner and less like warren he might not get reelected. see it's everyday folks that decide his tenure in the senate unlike his time at goldman sachs.

and i guess in this case we can disregard the dozen posts about privilege = lazy.

unfortunately, his true colors showed in the cromnibus bill: http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/cromnibus-57-democrats-voted-yes/?dcz=. i doubt it will go unmentioned next election.

Edited by birdog1960

perhaps he will. if he acts more like boner and less like warren he might not get reelected. see it's everyday folks that decide his tenure in the senate unlike his time at goldman sachs.

and i guess in this case we can disregard the dozen posts about privilege = lazy.

unfortunately, his true colors showed in the cromnibus bill: http://blogs.rollcal...voted-yes/?dcz=. i doubt it will go unmentioned next election.

I take it you're not familiar with Fairfield County, CT?

BTW, you can provide data on the Wall Street trust fund babies any day now.

unfortunately, his true colors showed in the cromnibus bill: http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/cromnibus-57-democrats-voted-yes/?dcz=. i doubt it will go unmentioned next election.

The fact that you think Wall Street is run by the old boys club but Washington is run by people whose tenure is decided by everyday folks pretty much says it all.

I take it you're not familiar with Fairfield County, CT?

BTW, you can provide data on the Wall Street trust fund babies any day now.

never been. going to a wedding there in the spring. guess i'll see.

there's no readily available list that i'm aware of. if things slow down a bit today will search goldman's site for bio's on their c levels. but no one mentioned trust funds. hines likely isn't what would be considered a trust fund kid. but he is privelidged, went to the right schools and he and his parents likely know enough of the right people.