elizabeth warren is correct on this

birdog1960

it's a $h#tty game but it's the only game in town and guys like gg make the rules. when in rome...

expoitation. it's what your business model is based on.

You have surpassed gator for pure idiot status.

Exploitation of who by whom?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, the rules were made in Congress, largely by the people you voted for.

That's just idiotic.

no. this add on was written by citibank. banks have written much of the recent legislation involving their own industry.

Would be nice if someone had told me.

speaking figuratively of course. literal would be utterly ridiculous

no. this add on was written by citibank. banks have written much of the recent legislation involving their own industry.

speaking figuratively of course. literal would be utterly ridiculous

Every industry advises on legislation, especially on laws that are stupid and essentially ineffective. Did the AMA, hospitals and pharma have zero voice in the ACA legislation? Speaking of an industry that exploits.

when you set up the game to be inherently unfair, that's exploitation. it's unfair to many folks but especially retail investors.

Of course the game is unfair to retail investors, because for retail investor it's a hobby, while it's a job for the professionals. Why is it so hard for you to understand that the most important variable in investing is information, and to do it right you have to spend 24-hrs a day gathering that information.

How many times does that have to be drilled into your head, idiot?

Why don't you go out and build a jet plane on your spare time? Why aren't you complaining about Boeing?

If some big financial institution is too tied up with oil investing these falling oil prices could really cause a problem. Another too big to fail waiting to happen.

(Falling stock prices explained)

You should write an email to all the big institutions and educate them about concentration and the importance of diversification before our financial system collapses. The world needs to know!!

At the very least, maybe these institutions could hedge their exposure to commodities somehow...but not with derivatives!! Those are evil.

If some big financial institution is too tied up with oil investing these falling oil prices could really cause a problem. Another too big to fail waiting to happen.

(Falling stock prices explained)

This is a fantastic opportunity to speak to an example of big firm market research.

Everyone I've spoken to across the industry has put a major focus on domestic industrials for some time now, as their research led them to predict falling energy prices.

Especially if you've gotten your knowledge of the trading floor by watching Trading Places.

Good thing I used Wall Street, the Secret Of My Success and the Pursuit of Happiness for my understanding.

Wall Street is providing crack to addicts like you. And you gladly sop it up until you OD and then blame the crack dealer.

The '29 crash was caused by unsophisticated investors running up the stock prices to unsustainable levels, and the 2008 real estate collapse was caused mostly by ordinary people overlevering themselves into buying properties they couldn't afford. Show me where a banker held a gun to anyone's head to take on a mortgage.

But it's a lot easier to blame the bankers than the population's proclivity for excess.

So why doesn't Wall Street self regulate this stuff and work on keeping the over investing and over leveraging from happening? I know it is not that simple but why are there not ways to keep the public from causing these fall outs? Ultimately, it does effect investors more then it does the Wall Street folks, but they feel it, too. I know that laws were made to force lenders to provide loans to at risk customers and I know that everyone wants to invest money for retirement but why doesn't Wall Street simply get ahead of all of this and say enough?

The banker is not holding a gun to the lenders hand. He is keeping it cleaned, loaded and cocked. They are way too many much alike these small used car lots that only sell you a car you can't afford to make a buck and throw the problem on the bank and the customer after they already got their check.

So why doesn't Wall Street self regulate this stuff and work on keeping the over investing and over leveraging from happening? I know it is not that simple but why are there not ways to keep the public from causing these fall outs? Ultimately, it does effect investors more then it does the Wall Street folks, but they feel it, too. I know that laws were made to force lenders to provide loans to at risk customers and I know that everyone wants to invest money for retirement but why doesn't Wall Street simply get ahead of all of this and say enough?

The banker is not holding a gun to the lenders hand. He is keeping it cleaned, loaded and cocked. They are way too many much alike these small used car lots that only sell you a car you can't afford to make a buck and throw the problem on the bank and the customer after they already got their check.

So, you're saying that "Wall Street" (your useage of that term is getting frustrating) should homogeneously know and understand, and restrict trading around, the begining and end of all asset bubbles?

I'm not even sure what to say to that...

Every industry advises on legislation, especially on laws that are stupid and essentially ineffective. Did the AMA, hospitals and pharma have zero voice in the ACA legislation? Speaking of an industry that exploits.

Hey dip sh**, it's one thing to advise, but crap brains like yourself don't get that a lot of people don't like the buying of congressmen to write laws to screw over consumers or allow white collar criminals to avoid any personal punishment. You do acknowledge there are two sets of rules for poor people that commit crimes and the rich, don't you?

You should write an email to all the big institutions and educate them about concentration and the importance of diversification before our financial system collapses. The world needs to know!!

At the very least, maybe these institutions could hedge their exposure to commodities somehow...but not with derivatives!! Those are evil.

No, I just enjoy buying cheap stock now. Let the world keep turning on its own

Good thing I used Wall Street, the Secret Of My Success and the Pursuit of Happiness for my understanding.

How in the world is Goldman going to stop you from running up your credit card debt and taking out a 3rd mortgage on your home? Not every business in the financial services game is "Wall Street".

If you're really interested in learning about the housing bubble at least go read The Big Short and learn who the players were and their respective roles.

Hey dip sh**, it's one thing to advise, but crap brains like yourself don't get that a lot of people don't like the buying of congressmen to write laws to screw over consumers or allow white collar criminals to avoid any personal punishment. You do acknowledge there are two sets of rules for poor people that commit crimes and the rich, don't you?

Show me the encoded differentiation of punishment for the same crime based on earnings or wealth.

This is a fantastic opportunity to speak to an example of big firm market research.

Everyone I've spoken to across the industry has put a major focus on domestic industrials for some time now, as their research led them to predict falling energy prices.

Good job!

Show me the encoded differentiation of punishment for the same crime based on earnings or wealth.

I don't have to do that, its a self evident truth. You actually deny it?

Start here.

Tell me, are Deutsche Bank, Mizuho, UBS, HSBC, Credit Suisse, Barclays all part of Wall Street? How about Navy Credit Union? Geico? AFLAC? Calpers? Texas Teachers Fund? What of Exxon, BP & Shell?

it's a $h#tty game but it's the only game in town and guys like gg make the rules. when in rome...

expoitation. it's what your business model is based on.

Please explain how you're being exploited? You admitted you did well after 2008. Isn't the liberal thought that for every winner there's a loser? Who have you exploited since 2008?

Start here.

Tell me, are Deutsche Bank, Mizuho, UBS, HSBC, Credit Suisse, Barclays all part of Wall Street? How about Navy Credit Union? Geico? AFLAC? Calpers? Texas Teachers Fund? What of Exxon, BP & Shell?

By what I've read here, I'm pretty sure some dude selling term life and annuities door-to-door is Wall Street too.