Cuba Gooding, Jr. to Portray O.J. Simpson

26CornerBlitz

Can you see Cuba Gooding Jr. playing O.J. Simpson?

Playing a football player won Cuba Gooding Jr. an Oscar. Could playing another -- one who was the focus of "the trial of the century" -- win him further accolades?

The actor has been cast as O.J. Simpson in the new FX anthology miniseries "American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson," the network announced. Gooding won the Academy Award for best actor in a supporting role in 1996 for his performance as wide receiver Rod Tidwell in the film "Jerry Maguire."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his illustrious acting career.

So funny to see a topic on this today. Looking for a movie on netflix last night my wife wanted a "stupid funny movie" when scrolling through and past naked gun I said that fits what she is looking for. Cue the opening credits and she say OJ Simpson? The guy that killed his wife?! Wasn't he a football player or something? Wait didn't he play for the Bills?! :bag::lol:

Who wrote this? You can't win an Academy Award in a made-for-TV movie.

Also, Cuba's on to made-for-TV movies now? I guess accepting the lead in "Snow Dogs" wasn't the best career move.

Where did he say that was possible? He said it could win "further accolades" not another Oscar.

GO BILLS!!!

It never ceases to piss my off how OJ completely !@#$ed up the legacy of probably the best player ever to suit up in a Bills uni. When you Google OJ Simpson you should only see YouTube videos of one of the most electrifying running backs ever. But nooooo, we get the trial of century ****. :censored:

Ill never forget my Dads "the juice is loose" t shirt. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world as a kid

I used to have his playing card that I left up on the wall of my desk till my boss told me I had to take it down because it creeped people out.

It never ceases to piss my off how OJ completely !@#$ed up the legacy of probably the best player ever to suit up in a Bills uni. When you Google OJ Simpson you should only see YouTube videos of one of the most electrifying running backs ever. But nooooo, we get the trial of century ****. :censored:

NFL network did a segment a few years ago on the top ten best rushing seasons of all time, and Juice wasn't even there. Love him or hate him, guilty or innocent, one of, if not the greatest running back of all time.