Jerry Hughes Number Change, Perhaps?

Sweet Lou

Aggressive players like Hughes, along with their coaches approval of course, have changed their jersey numbers in the past allowing the refs a little change of scenery without even knowing it. And please don't ask for a link. I'm still trying to figure out the link issue in the "Off the Wall Forum"

As fans, we all know when Jerry plays, that the potential to be mean and nasty is only a small part of his character on the field. He is an aggressive player who clearly wants to win, but struggles controlling his emotions sometimes.

I think the refs are always looking at number 55. A situational sterotype? Yes, No, Maybe?

It would be a band-aid on a major flesh wound type of change, but I think changing his jersey number could at least change the scenery for the old double nickel. Thoughts?

Aggressive players like Hughes, along with their coaches approval of course, have changed their jersey numbers in the past allowing the refs a little change of scenery without even knowing it. And please don't ask for a link. I'm still trying to figure out the link issue in the "Off the Wall Forum"

As fans, we all know when Jerry plays, that the potential to be mean and nasty is only a small part of his character on the field. He is an aggressive player who clearly wants to win, but struggles controlling his emotions sometimes.

I think the refs are always looking at number 55. A situational sterotype? Yes, No, Maybe?

It would be a band-aid on a major flesh wound type of change, but I think changing his jersey number could at least change the scenery for the old double nickel. Thoughts?

Out of the box thinking. I like it. :thumbsup:

The Bills have done this in the past. I just can't remember who and when exactly. I wanna say it was early on in the Levy era and was either a DL or DB.

GO BILLS!!!

i could be wrong, but i think it was ken jones, he was an O-lineman seemingly always getting called for holding.. i believe he actually switched his number ..

i could be wrong, but i think it was ken jones, he was an O-lineman seemingly always getting called for holding.. i believe he actually switched his number ..

I think that's correct! Holy crap, I was WAY off in my memory! Must have been under Chuck Knox then. Wow, great job, dwight.

GO BILLS!!!

Wasn't it Will Wolford who changed numbers from 69 to 73 or the reverse? I thought Jones was always #72. I could be wrong of course.

OJ 36 to 32.

Oh, we've had several guys switch numbers. Bennett from 97 to 55 comes to mind. Heck, Gilmore did it recently himself.

But what Knox did with Jones was in season as I recall and made solely to try to help disguise him a bit from the refs. I wonder if the league even allows that sort of thing anymore. If so, give Hughes a new number. Couldn't hurt.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh, we've had several guys switch numbers. Bennett from 97 to 55 comes to mind. Heck, Gilmore did it recently himself.

But what Knox did with Jones was in season as I recall and made solely to try to help disguise him a bit from the refs. I wonder if the league even allows that sort of thing anymore. If so, give Hughes a new number. Couldn't hurt.

GO BILLS!!!

As long as the NFL isn't selling his Bills' jersey, it shouldn't be a problem. They are not AFAIK.

Spiller and Leodis also swapped numbers recently.