Stadium

packfntk

So we are headed to Buffalo in 2 days. Tried to hook up a stadium tour, but I guess they don't do them at the Ralph. We are staying on Chippewa, but will probably be cabbing it to OP Thursday or Friday to check out the stadium area and take some pictures, etc. Is there anything around there? I see the Pro Shop is on 1BD, is it connected to the stadium? Is it big? Anything else within the area of the stadium to check out or no?

Avid football fan and I love checking out other teams facilities.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are headed to Buffalo in 2 days. Tried to hook up a stadium tour, but I guess they don't do them at the Ralph. We are staying on Chippewa, but will probably be cabbing it to OP Thursday or Friday to check out the stadium area and take some pictures, etc. Is there anything around there? I see the Pro Shop is on 1BD, is it connected to the stadium? Is it big? Anything else within the area of the stadium to check out or no?

no need to go out there before the game IMHO. Not much to see outside of the store. You will see the back of the scoreboard, back of the upper deck, and chain link fence. I say save the cash.

Now, if you wanted to go hang out at the Big Tree around happy hour time to see where the legendary Bills teams drank and had wings...i could see that possibly.

Maybe Hammer have you over for dinner?

Edited by plenzmd1

Well we are going for sure. We always do this on our trips, just to walk around the stadium and get pics of the entire thing. I hopped in on google maps and there doesn't look like there is a ton right there, and that is why I asked. Guess we will take our pics and head to Duffs. Can't wait!

Well we are going for sure. We always do this on our trips, just to walk around the stadium and get pics of the entire thing. I hopped in on google maps and there doesn't look like there is a ton right there, and that is why I asked. Guess we will take our pics and head to Duffs. Can't wait!

Google satellite view shows the construction that was going on earlier this year, Street View is still old photos. BTW, with Street View you can see the view from the field inside the stadium. While you're wandering around, you can see the cemetery on the grounds. It's over in the area of Gate 6 and 7. Just look for a fenced off area hidden behind some tall shrubs. You won't be able to get in, but how many other NFL stadiums have a cemetery right next to it?

As for a tour, go to the ticket dept and just ask while you're there. Never hurts to ask. They may have a different answer since you're there in person.

Google satellite view shows the construction that was going on earlier this year, Street View is still old photos. BTW, with Street View you can see the view from the field inside the stadium. While you're wandering around, you can see the cemetery on the grounds. It's over in the area of Gate 6 and 7. Just look for a fenced off area hidden behind some tall shrubs. You won't be able to get in, but how many other NFL stadiums have a cemetery right next to it?

As for a tour, go to the ticket dept and just ask while you're there. Never hurts to ask. They may have a different answer since you're there in person.

Thanks for the heads up. Last year in Baltimore they didn't really do tours either, but we got a personal tour and it was awesome. Took us everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up. Last year in Baltimore they didn't really do tours either, but we got a personal tour and it was awesome. Took us everywhere.

thats a great idea...and go to Big Tree over Duffs...if you really want the football angle way more tradition and history at Big Tree.

While you're wandering around, you can see the cemetery on the grounds. It's over in the area of Gate 6 and 7. Just look for a fenced off area hidden behind some tall shrubs. You won't be able to get in, but how many other NFL stadiums have a cemetery right next to it?

Don't forget to pay proper respects to our hopes and dreams while you are there.....

if you happen to come across doug marrone during your tour, please punch him in the face for me.

Edited by Dirtbag

if you happen to come across doug marrone during your tour, please punch him in the face for me.

If you run into Nate Hackett, please do the same for me. Nate will be the short, squirley guy shackled to Doug Marrone with one of those little kid leashes.

thats a great idea...and go to Big Tree over Duffs...if you really want the football angle way more tradition and history at Big Tree.

Is Big Tree good for food? Big bar? They don't have a website, just facebook and there really isn't any info anywhere on the page, or pictures or anything.

Avoid tourist traps. Duffs, Anchor Bar and many of those places are just not worth seeing. You're better off going downtown and walking around, it's a beautiful old city. The Erie Canal is historic, very easy to at least look at and enjoy. There is a lot more then you'd realize to do there if yo just know where to look, but it is very isolated in reality.

Run over to the Falls and go to Goat Island, if you have half of a day free. If a whole day, add Fort Niagara. Both are less then an hour away from OP.

Just show up early. They allow folks in the field house to play with the JUGS machine and kick field goals. In fact, call the Bills and tell them you are visiting from Green Bay and ask if they can give you a pre-game field pass? Then you can be on the field during warmups.

Is Big Tree good for food? Big bar? They don't have a website, just facebook and there really isn't any info anywhere on the page, or pictures or anything.

The wings and food in general are just as good as anywhere else in WNY and it is def a sacred place for both Bills fans and players as well, in fact alot of times the opposing teams order Wings from the Big Tree for the bus ride back after the game so your Packers may be eating those wings as well. Its a true Buffalo Bills bar not a chain or franchise looking kind of place. Alot of autographed photos of Bills players and others(Dan Marino and Dennis Rodman) come to mind hang inside of the place

In fact, call the Bills and tell them you are visiting from Green Bay and ask if they can give you a pre-game field pass? Then you can be on the field during warmups.

PTR, maybe you know something i don't but i dont think field passes are that easy to get. May be limited to box and club seat holders.

Definitely take the short walk over to the Big Tree after you check out the stadium. A lot of friendly locals hang out there and every now and then you might run into a current or ex-Bill while there.

The food is typical bar food but very good. The wings are as good or better than the tourist places, like Anchor Bar. I go there every time I am up there for a game and am never disappointed. Try the stuffed peppers too.