Manziel Starting QB for Browns in Week 15

Kosar torches Browns, says Manziel will fail like all the others

The Browns, much like the Jets, have a comical history of quarterback development, especially over the past 20 years.

Knowing this, and sensing an opportunity to stoke an already unruly fan base, former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar unloaded on the organization Monday and suggested that Johnny Manziel is just another in a line of good quarterbacks who will fail in Cleveland.

"We're limited with our weapons offensively and it is somewhat of a tough spot for Johnny given this team and given this organization," he said on WTAM-AM, via The Plain Dealer. "It's just a complete recipe for a disaster."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a surprising admission. It was reported that he began spending extra time at the Browns' facility for extra film study only after they named him starter last week. :thumbdown:

not the first time I've heard of him basically checking out because he wasn't the starter. Can't believe he admitted it.

Steve Mariucci had him scoring 3 TDs - 2 passing. He also didn't give our D a chance. Just shows any chump can do that job. :w00t:

On the morning of the game, Mariucci put the Packers were on upset alert. He thought the Bills had a good chance to win as I recall it.

Greg Cosell: Johnny Manziel has almost no pocket skills

Browns fans weren't impressed with the debut of Johnny Manziel, and neither were two of the league's preeminent tape-watchers.

Unpacking Cincinnati's 30-0 trouncing of Cleveland, NFL Media's Mike Mayock praised the Bengals for executing a "beautiful game plan" that focused "11 sets of eyes" on Manziel to keep the rookie tethered between the tackles.

"The problem is Manziel didn't want to stay in the pocket," NFL Films guru Greg Cosell wrote Tuesday on Yahoo! Sports. "He lacks any feel for the pocket, has almost no pocket patience and discipline and is very quick to move and play what I call 'random football' outside of the structure of the offense."

What these two are saying is why I feel he'll ultimately flame out of the NFL.

not the first time I've heard of him basically checking out because he wasn't the starter. Can't believe he admitted it.

Such a cop out. He's not good enough. He wasn't good this preseason. He is a gimmick QB who played in a great system in college with great talent around him.

Obviously, it's still early and he is very young but I never thought he was a starting NFL QB.

@NSalvs: this didn't take long... #BlueLightSpecial

B46lRTpIIAA42wQ.jpg

Merril Hoge: Whoever drafted Johnny Manziel should be fired

ESPN analyst and former Steelers running back Merril Hoge took some heat Sunday morning for saying that Johnny Manziel has "first-round hype with sixth-round talent."

The critics didn't have much to say after Manziel's 10-of-18 for 80 yards, 0- touchdown, 2-interception performance against the Bengals in a game in which the Browns were blanked, 30-0, and Manziel was sacked seven times. Now Hoge, who has previously criticized (and rightly, it turned out) Vince Young and Tim Tebow, thinks whomever is responsible for drafting Manziel should be canned.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/23/johnny-manziel-i-know-i-have-to-take-this-a-lot-more-seriously/

“I have to take this a lot more seriously. It’s a job for me now,”

i mean, how was he ever supposed to realize that it was going to be a job and he would have to get serious and work. its not like EVERYONE was saying it.

http://profootballta...more-seriously/

i mean, how was he ever supposed to realize that it was going to be a job and he would have to get serious and work. its not like EVERYONE was saying it.

You have to shut out the noise and be yourself.

How'd that work out JF ?

Just goes to show ya. Its hard to find a Franchise QB these days

lol

Edited by 3rdand12

Maybe he was in da club with josh Gordon, who failed to show up at all and has been suspended for the last game of the season. This will greatly affect his FA status because he played 5 games instead of 6 and will be a RFA instead of a UFA. He was involved in a nightclub incident the night before he didn't show for walk through.

@AdamSchefter: Josh Gordon's one-game suspension today could cost him millions. By being suspended for last game of season,... http://t.co/hMtBOP6iWG

Edited by YoloinOhio

Maybe they suspended Gordon because they didnt want to lose him.

I think they want to get rid of him, but are trying to get something for him. Pettine hates his effort and has been calling him out since TC. But he reportedly has been late to several team functions since he was reinstated and fined. It reached the point of suspension.

@ProFootballZone Browns’ Josh Gordon has been late for numerous meetings http://t.co/92NgX49sJc

Edited by YoloinOhio