Dems Endanger Military Lives By Releasing "Torture Report"

It boggles the mind, but shouldn't surprise anyone, that a party so beaten up by its own policies and so remarkably disconnected from the true wants and needs of the nation it serves, would be so desperate to look good that it would release a $50M six-years-in-the-making partisan report on CIA interrogation tactics because...ummmm...because....uhhh...because....???

Does anyone know the upside releasing this report? I mean, other than putting the the military and its allies in danger -- what, precisely, is the reason?

Let's hear it progs. One good reason. Just one.

Oh, wait. I know. Bush bad, ammiright?

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To top it off, it doesn't tell anyone anything we don't already know (except that "mind games" are now torture - BREAKING NEWS: half the employers in America accused of torturing employees...)

But I'm sure the "protests" will be due to a YouTube video no one's ever seen.

Anything they can do to further stain the Bush Presidency they will do. People are likely to die as a result of this horse crap and they could give two *****. Of course, gatorgal will get a big laugh when that happens.

Few things makes the gatorman laugh more than some well-timed deaths of the American military.

Blistering op-ed in WSJ here, including this remarkably defenseless stupidity: the Senate Dems NEVER talked to the CIA agents being blamed with the torture.

How did the committee report get these things so wrong? Astonishingly, the staff avoided interviewing any of us who had been involved in establishing or running the program, the first time a supposedly comprehensive Senate Select Committee on Intelligence study has been carried out in this way.

The excuse given by majority senators is that CIA officers were under investigation by the Justice Department and therefore could not be made available. This is nonsense. The investigations referred to were completed in 2011 and 2012 and applied only to certain officers. They never applied to six former CIA directors and deputy directors, all of whom could have added firsthand truth to the study. Yet a press account indicates that the committee staff did see fit to interview at least one attorney for a terrorist at Guantanamo Bay.

We can only conclude that the committee members or staff did not want to risk having to deal with data that did not fit their construct. Which is another reason why the study is so flawed. What went on in preparing the report is clear: The staff picked up the signal at the outset that this study was to have a certain outcome, especially with respect to the question of whether the interrogation program produced intelligence that helped stop terrorists. The staff members then “cherry picked” their way through six million pages of documents, ignoring some data and highlighting others, to construct their argument against the program’s effectiveness.

In the intelligence profession, that is called politicization.

And progressives STILL wonder why everyone hates this administration.

"The Senate Intelligence Committee’s report on Central Intelligence Agency detention and interrogation of terrorists, prepared only by the Democratic majority staff, is a missed opportunity..."

"... to deliver a serious and balanced study of an important public policy question. The committee has given us instead a one-sided study marred by errors of fact and interpretation—essentially a poorly done and partisan attack on the agency that has done the most to protect America after the 9/11 attacks,"

say former CIA Directors George J. Tenet, Porter J. Goss and Michael V. Hayden (a retired Air Force general), and former CIA Deputy Directors John E. McLaughlin, Albert M. Calland (a retired Navy vice admiral) and Stephen R. Kappes.

First,
its claim that the CIA’s interrogation program was ineffective in producing intelligence that helped us disrupt, capture, or kill terrorists is just
not accurate....

The
second
significant problem with the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report is its claim that the CIA routinely went beyond the interrogation techniques as authorized by the Justice Department.
That claim is wrong....

Third
, the report’s argument that the CIA misled the Justice Department, the White House, Congress, and the American people
is also flat-out wrong....

Fourth,
the majority left out something critical to understanding the program:
context..

Edited by B-Man

Looks like a Conservative anal-fest! Whoop whoop, its all about the poop!

This is why you must love the Democrats. How exciting it must be to spend $50M of other people's money to create a half-assed report which, when released, will clearly...even as explained by the left...endanger the very lives of the military persons you admittedly enjoy watching die.

Very special day for you, I'm sure.

It boggles the mind, but shouldn't surprise anyone, that a party so beaten up by its own policies and so remarkably disconnected from the true wants and needs of the nation it serves, would be so desperate to look good that it would release a $50M six-years-in-the-making partisan report on CIA interrogation tactics because...ummmm...because....uhhh...because....???

Does anyone know the upside releasing this report? I mean, other than putting the the military and its allies in danger -- what, precisely, is the reason?

Let's hear it progs. One good reason. Just one.

Oh, wait. I know. Bush bad, ammiright?

Because we live in a country that's supposed to be better than this.

Because we live in a republic where we have a right to know what the state is doing, especially with our tax dollars.

Because the only way to get past mistakes is to be honest about them.

There is NO reason, NOT ONE, to keep this secret. All it would do is compound the issue.

I think the logic is we admit we were wrong, and full disclosure rectifies those wrongs?

Maybe that heals a mending relationship between two rational groups. But what does it do between a civilized country a loose group of hard core fundamentalist militants who will blow themselves up and kill a square full of people without a second thought?

I'd say nothing.

We used tortured, wow, shocker. I just assume everybody does it in some shape or form during war, whether it's legal or not. I'd prefer to see our country stay out of more conflicts, and maybe our energy should be spent there.

I think the logic is we admit we were wrong, and full disclosure rectifies those wrongs?

Maybe that heals a mending relationship between two rational groups. But what does it do between a civilized country a loose group of hard core fundamentalist militants who will blow themselves up and kill a square full of people without a second thought?

I'd say nothing.

We used tortured, wow, shocker. I just assume everybody does it in some shape or form during war, whether it's legal or not. I'd prefer to see our country stay out of more conflicts, and maybe our energy should be spent there.

Those people don't need a reason to blow stuff up. Not releasing this out of fear is almost as bad as the paranoia that got us into this mess to begin with.

Those people don't need a reason to blow stuff up. Not releasing this out of fear is almost as bad as the paranoia that got us into this mess to begin with.

I'm just not so sure releasing makes much of a difference. I think any president, in that briefing room after 9/11 gives the nod for getting info the armed forces needs, even of it breaks rules. To think otherwise is naive, IMO.

Big !@#$ing deal. We shoved water up the noses and down the throats of some demi-!@#$s.

These !@#$ wads behead innocent people, slaughter children with impunity and bury alive women and children all in the name of Allah.

Their god is a porcine cannibal in my view. They behave like petulant adolescents that are armed with RPGs and AK47s.

The world would be better off if they were all dead.

The only bad part is that it doesn't hold gov't officials responsible like Cheney and Rice. The CIA wasn't acting without encouragement from them.

I don't know about Cheney or even Bush since they had legal opinions to back up their actions, but Rice should be indicted for her lies to the American people and Congress.