Power Rankings: Bills Head Coaches The Last 14 Years

In your opinion. Here is mine.

1. Wade Phillips
  2. Chan Gailey
  3. Mike Mularkey
  4. Dick Jauron
  5. Gregg Williams
  6. Doug Marrone

***Perry Fewell was an interim in 2009. You can include him if you want. I didn't feel it was necessary. I think it is easy to predict who will be 1 on the list but honestly I really have no idea how the rest will play out.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone is last on the list?

Such !@#$ing garbage. I know we like to joke about how unreasonably reactionary this place is after a loss, but give me a !@#$ing break.

You put Chan !@#$ing Gailey as number 2!?

Jesus Christ you guys have some seriously cloudy recollection of those years.

No one remembers the 0-8 start? How bout when we dropped SEVEN in a row after starting 5-2 in 2011!?

Wait, I forgot. He got Spiller into space.

Marrone is last on the list?

Such !@#$ing garbage. I know we like to joke about how unreasonably reactionary this place is after a loss, but give me a !@#$ing break.

You put Chan !@#$ing Gailey as number 2!?

Jesus Christ you guys have some seriously cloudy recollection of those years.

No one remembers the 0-8 start? How bout when we dropped SEVEN in a row after starting 5-2 in 2011!?

Wait, I forgot. He got Spiller into space.

Please feel free to go back and compare the roster that Chan had to work with compared to our current day roster. The difference in talent from top to bottom is incredible.

Please feel free to go back and compare the roster that Chan had to work with compared to our current day roster. The difference in talent from top to bottom is incredible.

Please compare the defensive coaches that Chan chose to work with. If you field a historically awful unit, you're garbage.

Come on, Wade got them a playoff game. Wade's been the best coach in recent memory... but any list that has Greg Williams at any spot but the bottom is absurd. Greggo was the worst.

Wade could be up there, sure. You're damn right about Greggggggggggg.

gailey 2nd and marrone last?? im confused.. and how is jauron ahead of marrone. I agree that marrone isn't a good coach but hes probably 2nd on the list, he got the bills a great defence. his biggest problem was hiring nate Hackett, if he hired a good offensive coordinator the bills would be a playoff team

In your opinion. Here is mine.

1. Wade Phillips

2. Chan Gailey

3. Mike Mularkey

4. Dick Jauron

5. Gregg Williams

6. Doug Marrone

***Perry Fewell was an interim in 2009. You can include him if you want. I didn't feel it was necessary. I think it is easy to predict who will be 1 on the list but honestly I really have no idea how the rest will play out.

I think this is pretty accurate actually. Would switch Jauron and Mularkey.

Give any of the other coaches this roster and it's in the playoffs.

1. Wade

2. Marrone

3. Gailey

4. Mularkey

5. Jauron

6. Williams

But in all honest it is Wade and then a load of crap. Marrone is second for me because the story isn't yet written and I do like the fact that the team doesn't quit on him. Gailey might be too high but 2011 and that 5-2 start was the first time I'd enjoyed Bills football in about 5 years..... Jauron had sucked any enjoyment out of it and whilst Gailey was ultimately flawed, as were his teams, it was at least for a spell there pretty enjoyable. Mularkey got us to 9-7 but as has been mentioned the circumstances of his exit drop him down.