Photo proof CJ Anderson never crossed the goal line

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CJA_TD.jpg

More evidence that the officials were either absurdly incompetent or deliberately screwing the Bills. This photo shows CJ Anderson was sitting on the field with the ball inches short of the goal line. It should have been 4th and inches, not a TD. Fist bump, indeed. They said the reviewed it but they didn't look real hard.

Remove that white line that is labeled "goal line," and I am pretty certain you'll see the nose of the ball touching the actual goal line.

And what if he didn't make it? He would have on the next play.

Remove that white line that is labeled "goal line," and I am pretty certain you'll see the nose of the ball touching the actual goal line.

And what if he didn't make it? He would have on the next play.

Maybe..or maybe not. That was third down and he didn't get in twice. 4th down is not a gimme.

I agree that he was short, but I don't think this was a call that mattered. The Robey penalty, whatever they ended up getting penalized for on the Gilmore breakup, and the two calls on the INT returns are the real questionable calls, until further review.

Wow, I'm surprised no one sees it even a little my way. My first glance I see CJ Anderson sitting on his azz short of the goal line.

I'll give you that he appears to be down but I don't see the ball. The arrow appears to be pointing to the blue sock of his teammate - see the pants stripe above it?

The ball could be his hidden from view near his face mask and therefore across the plane. We just can't tell from that image.

Please remove these and have another look.

Again, tell me that video proves CJ Anderson wasn't down before crossing the goal line. I see nothing but a crowd of bodies. I also see the far official about to mark CJ Anderson down at the half-yard line before his partner cows him into changing his call.

It's a touchdown, okay?? At least the refs called it that way. But that video shows nothing.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Again, tell me that video proves CJ Anderson wasn't down before crossing the goal line. I see nothing but a crowd of bodies. I also see the far official about to mark CJ Anderson down at the half-yard line before his partner cows him into changing his call.

It's a touchdown, okay?? At least the refs called it that way. But that video shows nothing.

Huh? The video needs to prove he was down, with no doubt, before he crossed the line. It does not prove that.

Like i said upthread, it is unbelievable almost every thread today is about how the officials beat the Bills...instead of that putrid offense put up 3 stinking points in the first 3 qtrs.

Woe is us...we were down 21 not cause out offense stinks, but the refs are out to get us. Just stop with this nonsense.

the line judge should be making that call. the guy in the back is coming up to get position for a variety of potential reasons, but spotting the ball at the 1 ft line is not likely high on the list.

and as it was called a td, the refs would have to see at real speed that it was not a td in the video. as you point out, you just cant tell clearly so it stands. we have gotten a few maybes, and lost a few maybes with this.

Huh? The video needs to prove he was down, with no doubt, before he crossed the line. It does not prove that.

Like i said upthread, it is unbelievable almost every thread today is about how the officials beat the Bills...instead of that putrid offense put up 3 stinking points in the first 3 qtrs.

Woe is us...we were down 21 not cause out offense stinks, but the refs are out to get us. Just stop with this nonsense.

Ding!

@john_wawrow

#Bills lose, likely to miss playoffs. Some folks grasp for any excuse -- conspiracy theories welcome -- except for obvious one: Offense.

At full speed when I saw it, I was convinced he was short of the end zone too. The runner was sitting in an upright position short of the goal line. When he leaned over, the ball broke the plane, but not before his keister was on the ground. So therefore it was short.

And then when the officials went to review the play, it seemed like it was taking them a while. That made me even more convinced that the runner was in fact short of the goal line. But of course they came back and said it was a touchdown.

This particular call didn't bother me all that much though, simply because it was a really close call. I don't mind so much if a really close call goes the other way. I mind when it is obvious they got the call wrong. This one was too close to overturn. I just thought they made the wrong call in real time. If they had called it the other way in real time, I doubt they would have overturned that decision either.