Freddy`s dead legs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred is the heart and soul and can pick up a blitz like no one else.. but , you are right . He needs to play on third down and in the end of halfs to limit his snap count and keep him fresh . I don't know if this sacrifices his connection to the rhythm of the game..I would rather have this problem than not have him leading prep during the week.. A smaller john riggins ..

Amazing how people can watch a game like that and this is the take away.

This was a 'take away' by a few people I spoke with early in the game. It's no sin to say this, it happens at 33, usually before. He can still contribute, but don't expect him to get faster with age.

I disagree. He is the heart and soul of this team and a straight beast. There are no signs of him slowing down. He has always been unbelievably slow. The reason why Fred is so special is because the magic that he performs on the field has been done despite his incredible slowness. This is the reason why he will play until he is 40. He doesn't have any speed to lose.

Of all the things to complain about today Fred isn't one of them. The guy plays hurt and is still better than butterfingers Bryce brown or a pair of boobies

Not necessarily complaining about Fred, but lack of big play potential from the RB position hurts us.

Fred is slower than he used to be, but the reality is, he got several 4-10 yard runs regardless. Several of the plays where he was caught, he had very little chance. There's no guarantee a faster player catches those passes either. I think he would do better if used more effectively. Oddly, there were a couple of runs/receptions today where I thought he would have made more yardage if he went towards the inside. I wonder if the coaches are (incorrectly) setting him up to go outside, which is a mistake to do too often as opposing players are faster.