Do we have good enough Dbs to stop Denver ?

Julius Thomas is still out at the moment I think... it would help if he didn't play as he is a match up nightmare. But I think you have to accept that Denver are going to get their yards and get their points next week. They are a top quality offense with a 1st ballot HoFer playing QB. The question is how many points does our defense need to hold them to in order to give the offense a shot in this game? If the answer is below 20 we are doomed. The offense HAS to score 25 points next week.

According to some posters here Gilmore is as good as any corner playing today so he should be fine.

i meant he seems to match up better with the bigger WRs rather than the smaller, slippery speedsters. I don't think he's a shut down corner but he's a good player. I doubt he will be good enough with manning throwing to these guys.

We will need to get significant pressure, turnovers, and score a lot of points to win.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think the D holds them to 24 or so if the O doesn't cough up the ball giving the Broncs a short field. The problem is that I don't think there's a chance in hell the Bills put up more than 24 unless the D or special teams helps out.

This week it's more important than ever for Orton not to be careless with the ball and Hackett to trust his running game.

Defense wins championships and we definitely have a defense that can get it done in this game. When Manning is under constant pressure he chokes. He throws picks and gets antsy is the pocket causing inaccurate throws. After seeing our team the last couple of games it looks like the defense is starting to REALLY hit their stride. It's the perfect time of the year to do so. If our offense can do enough to get 26-30 points on the board again this week I think we get the W. Call me crazy, but I truly believe this is a winnable game for us. It will all boil down to whether we can run the football enough to keep them off balance and if we can hold Ware/Miller in check. This will be the greatest test of young Seantrel Henderson's young career.

At least our expectations are low. That helps with the acceptance.

"Aim low, aim so low that no one will even care if you succeed"

-Homer Simpson

Honestly as I see it the games in order of winability is:

Most- oak then Den

Least - GB then NEP

Beat Denver and Oakland and get a very tiny bit of help and they are playoff bound.

I was just in Denver for a guy's weekend and we watched the Dolphins/Broncos game. The Broncos offence is a good as advertised - no surprise there. I was very surprised by how badly their defence played and I expected better. They whiffed on so many tackles - just poor fundamentals. It's the only game that I've seen Denver play this year, but in that game, it was the Denver defence that kept Miami in the game until Denver's offense pulled it out in the 4th quarter.

I was just in Denver for a guy's weekend and we watched the Dolphins/Broncos game. The Broncos offence is a good as advertised - no surprise there. I was very surprised by how badly their defence played and I expected better. They whiffed on so many tackles - just poor fundamentals. It's the only game that I've seen Denver play this year, but in that game, it was the Denver defence that kept Miami in the game until Denver's offense pulled it out in the 4th quarter.

That game was interesting - almost like they didn't take the Fish seriously. That could happen again given that they play SD and Cincy the next two games after us. I also am not a big John Fox fan.

Does any team have good enough DB's to stop Denver? No. You need to get lucky and hopefully get some turnovers, get pressure on PM with your front 4, and score more points than them.

Easy to do? No. Impossible? Also no.

The blueprint is stop the run and pass rush with the front 4 and drop everyone else into disguised mishmashes of zones and man, while still jamming guys off the line.

It takes some real talent though, which the bills may or may not posess. The key dilemma I see, is play spikes and know the rb and TE will be open but while stuffing the run, or surrender the run and have better coverage. This is ALWAYS the dilemma against manning.

I also think you don't need to worry about getting beat over the top.

I will say I like Schwarz being the coordinator responsible for delivering a great chess game over Hackett. Hackett's still doing checkers.