Report: Harbaugh very likely gone [update: now gone]

YoloinOhio

A tough, hard nosed, physical mentality. Not to say we don't have somewhat of that now. I guess that is just what I have seen from Harbaugh, and teams often take on the mentality of their coach. And I do like the fact that he has done what he's done with a similar situation to ours, that you mentioned. He's built a winning team with a solid defense, and average QB play. That's why i was saying he might be intrigued by seeing what we have here in Buffalo.

Having two strong guards, my goodness the possibilities....No doubt whatsoever that we'd be much, much improved. Hopefully we can find one in the early rounds of the draft, and maybe another through free agency...

:lol: :lol:

"Handshake from Hell"...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Harbough reminds me of Rex Ryan. He's an entertaining coach for the fans, media, and maybe even the players. The issue is that the explosiveness in which they coach either works or blows up and most certainly doesn't scream longevity in todays NFL. No doubt these type of coaches can fire a team up, but they lack being able to then keep them calm - which to me is the tougher of the two to execute.

Can't treat men like boys. this is the NFL not the puzzy ncaa bs.

I do have a pretty good source at OSU that UM has offered him already in the 8m/ yr for 6 yrs range and putting on the full ct press. His dad Jack was an asst coach at M and is pushing him very hard to do this. The smoke is building.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Don't he and Schwartzy hate each other? But if they coached together the douche factor would be outstanding.

Yes, Harbaugh smacked Schwartz on the shoulder after a Niners/Lions game and Schwartz thought he hit him too hard so he chased after him. Kind of a "What's your deal?" #2 (1st was Harbaugh and Carroll after Stanford killed USC and they kind of rubbed it in with deep passes at the end and went for two pts after a late TD. Carroll said "What's your deal?" and Harbaugh responded with "What's YOUR deal?" )

Yes, Harbaugh smacked Schwartz on the shoulder after a Niners/Lions game and Schwartz thought he hit him too hard so he chased after him. Kind of a "What's your deal?" #2 (1st was Harbaugh and Carroll after Stanford killed USC and they kind of rubbed it in with deep passes at the end and went for two pts after a late TD. Carroll said "What's your deal?" and Harbaugh responded with "What's YOUR deal?" )

haha. Both classic moments.

I'm with the camp that says he is using the Michigan offer to get a better deal in the NFL. It's possible to believe that he liked and would like again to be King, like you can be in college. But Harbaugh seems much more of an NFL guy to me, and would think college ball is beneath him.

I don't know; he has the chance to be the highest paid college coach, even over Saban. And his tough guy style works in college. Might be pretty tempting.

I don't know; he has the chance to be the highest paid college coach, even over Saban. And his tough guy style works in college. Might be pretty tempting.

Maybe. College job is so different though. I bet Harbaugh just hates the college stuff you have to do with dinners and alumni and recruiting and seducing these kids and parents, and building them into fine young men. He just doesn't seem like that guy to me. I think he jumped at the first pro job to his liking, and that is the pinnacle of his profession, where his brother is. (I wouldn't even doubt if he both loved and hated that his brother won a SB before him). He just doesn't seem like a college coach. I could be dead wrong though. It's just an outside observation.