Ray Rice Wins His Appeal; Immediately Eligible to Play

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ruling is an indictment not only on Goodell's judgment but on his veracity. There was nothing new learned about Rice's situation from his first sentencing to his more sever second sentencing that justified the major increase in punishment.

The problem with the current NFL disciplinary system is that there is no system. It is a one man muscle show by the commissioner who hears the case, rules on the case and then rules on the appeal. There needs to be a disciplinary panel made up of representatives of management and the players. Also, the disciplinary policy needs to be clearly stated so that when there is a transgression the punishment meted out is not necessarily agreed by the parties but at the minimun is understood by the parties. As it stands there is too much arbitrariness and capriouslness involved with this current fraudulent process.

The NHL has an office that handles on ice disciplinary action. After any issuance of punishment there is a detailed explanation of not only what the transgression was but also the level of transgression.

I used to be an ardent supporter of Goodell and the job he was doing. Now I consider him to be a self-serving craven hack who prostrates himself to the desires of the owners at the expense of fairness to the players. The re-visiting of the Rice punishment had little to do with Rice and it had to do with salvaging his own reputation due to his original stupid judment.

The dude still punched his fiancee. That hasn't changed.

in that last decade many nfl players were convicted of domestic incidents and the max penalty served was 3 games. a fellow raven has the following 2 incidents on his record: threw a soap dispenser at her head, struck her in the chest with his hand and held a bottle of bleach over her and their 1 year old son AND THEN 3 YEARS LATER was accused of punching and dragging his girlfriend beside his car with his two children inside -- resulting in him having to turn in 7 guns including an AK 47. he is active this week.

what would the video of this look like: "held me down on the floor and poured bleach on me and our son, held me down on the floor and kicked my face and broke my nose. Throughout our relationship since early 2007, he has punched me in the face and stomach and threatened to take the children from me if I left him. He stole my ID so I could not leave."

im not saying what he did was ok, but given the nfls history - even very recent history with current players - it seems a bit weird to draw the line here. if im picking a raven to call it its terrell suggs 10 times out of 10. and thats ignoring ray lewis.

And he's paid the consequences. Turn the page.

I must have missed the jail time that he served, that many normal people would face in this situation.

And if the Bills' PR department really wants to field this one, it'll make dealing with the Jills' hygiene questions look like a walk in the park.

Not only is Rice not that good anymore, he would be pretty bad for business.