Boobie AFC ST player of the week

YoloinOhio

@BuffaloBillsPR: With @Boobie24Dixon earning special teams player of the week honors, the #Bills are the only AFC team to produce 3 ST POWs this season.

@ChrisBrownBills: Boobie Dixon has been named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week. Go to http://t.co/tgttAMNUlA for more. #Bills

Talk about oweing Marrone an apology. I think all of us were skeptical of the "core" guys idea. He was apparently right.

Talk about oweing Marrone an apology. I think all of us were skeptical of the "core" guys idea. He was apparently right.

Not to turn this into a Marrone thread but..... :blush:

This is exactly what I have been talking about when defending him. Everyone wants to talk about how talented the defense is and it is. Nobody wants to admit how glaring the holes are on the offensive side of the ball. He is just supposed to "coach them up" because he is an offensive coach. Get him some talent and he will turn into a good coach :rolleyes: .

Jimmy Johnson with the Cowboys - 36 wins in his last 3 years there - 2 sb championships :sick:

Jimmy Johnson with the Dolphins - 36 wins in his 4 years there - not even an AFC championship game appearance

Mike Shanahan with John Elway in Denver - 2 sb wins - 47 wins in 4 years

Mike Shanahan without J. Elway in Denver - 1 season out of 10 that matched the wins with Elway in a season, 0 sb appearances, 1 AFC Championship game appearance

I can keep going but I think my point is clear....

What a punt block that was. Boobie played the game of his life on Monday. Ran the ball hard on offense and owned that poor blocker on the punt block.

Not to take anything away from Boobie.

That will be an all time Bills Highlight reel play. I mean that is awesome how he just trucked that player PaST the Punter then reached back and blocked the punt. I watched like 4 times when it happened. But what was the Punter doing back there?

It seemed like an unusually long time to catch the snap and punt.

Way to go Boobie.

I was angry at him for jumping on that 4th & 1 play, but man did he redeem himself the rest of that game.

Man, that jump was pretty horrendous. I didn't know whether to laugh or scream in frustration. He certainly made amends the rest of the game...

Man, that jump was pretty horrendous. I didn't know whether to laugh or scream in frustration. He certainly made amends the rest of the game...

The line was definitely at fault there... The guy that was double teamed made the tackle! He shed the double team like it was no big deal and got Boobie before he even had a chance.

Dixon tips hat to teammates for POW honor

Bills RB Boobie Dixon became the third player on the roster to win AFC Special Teams Player of the Week honors Tuesday, thanks mainly to his blocked punt against the Jets that Manny Lawson recovered for a touchdown in the 38-3 victory. Dixon gave credit to his teammates for making the award possible.

Dixon is one of my favorite characters playing for the Bills. One hell of a pickup.

and he was picked up just to strengthen the core ST.

He has done every bit of that and then some. That 30 yard scamper for tD you knew he was having the time of his life when he saw daylight.

the kid has smart feet

I love me some Boobie !