So how would you like having a Ford Field in downtown Buffalo?

PromoTheRobot

Retractable roof = dome. How often do you see teams with retractable roof actually play with it open? Very rarely.

was just thinking about this. What teams ever open the roof? I want to say the Colts may have but I couldn't tell you when or how often. Hell who else has a retractable roof? Colts, cardinals and who else?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domes are terrible.

As someone said, retractable = dome in terms of engineering design and ambiance, even when the roof is open. I.E., it sucks.

Domes are for pansies.

When you have a fan base like we have in Buffalo, you have a real open air stadium. Period!

Domes are terrible.

As someone said, retractable = dome in terms of engineering design and ambiance, even when the roof is open. I.E., it sucks.

Domes are for pansies.

When you have a fan base like we have in Buffalo, you have a real open air stadium. Period!

It just isn't happening. The Bills are trying to close the revenue gaps with the rest of the league. They aren't going to alienate the business community by trying to "toughen 'em up." It will just be a matter of whether of it is retractable or not. I will bet my 1st child that a roof is over the top. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Domes are terrible.

Domes are for pansies.

NFL is about money and the money is in appeasing to the casuals.

It just isn't happening. The Bills are trying to close the revenue gaps with the rest of the league. They aren't going to alienate the business community by trying to "toughen 'em up." It will just be a matter of whether of it is retractable or not. I will bet my 1st child that a roof is over the top.

I hear you but this is wrong thinking. Stadium revenue in a town like Buffalo will never ever come close to revenue in a big city. No point in trying to close that gap. Why not leave a pure stadium experience?

They haven't sold out in Green Bay, have they?

Why should we?

I hear you but this is wrong thinking. Stadium revenue in a town like Buffalo will never ever come close to revenue in a big city. No point in trying to close that gap. Why not leave a pure stadium experience?

They haven't sold out in Green Bay, have they?

Why should we?

The stadium will be totally rescaled if it is appealing to a broader audience. The ticket 20 rows up at the 50 will go from $750 a year or whatever to $2k. In addition, there are other opportunities to host things. It will absolutely have a roof whether or not it is retractable is up for debate.

Not sure if you have any sort of info on it but like I said earlier jeremy white had tweeted that he has heard pegula has his heart set on open air.

I don't have a clue what Terry Pegula wants, but if he is pushing for open air, God bless him.

He gets it. God! Nothing is worse than open air sports played under a roof with fake grass.

Makes me sick.

The stadium will be totally rescaled if it is appealing to a broader audience. The ticket 20 rows up at the 50 will go from $750 a year or whatever to $2k. In addition, there are other opportunities to host things. It will absolutely have a roof whether or not it is retractable is up for debate.

Meh. Buffalo, NY isn't hosting major events whether we have a roof on a football field or not. Come on man.

The Packers are publicly traded.

Right.

Hate the idea. And if it is covered, it certainly won't be a "dome". Do they even build them any more? As has been already said, a retractable roof is very likely, and better than a 100% covered stadium. But not much. Green Bay is colder than Buffalo and I haven't heard anyone suggest Lambeau needs to be replaced.. It works for them, it can work for Buffalo.

Shoot low,or better yet, don't even bother.

Promo, may I introduce you to "reality" ???

Hate the idea. And if it is covered, it certainly won't be a "dome". Do they even build them any more? As has been already said, a retractable roof is very likely, and better than a 100% covered stadium. But not much. Green Bay is colder than Buffalo and I haven't heard anyone suggest Lambeau needs to be replaced.. It works for them, it can work for Buffalo.

It's an F-ing miracle, but at long least, we are in total agreement.

Just curious. Do you actually live in Buffalo, or just going by reputation? My bet is you haven't set foot downtown in 5 years.

Born and bred; lived there to age of 29 or so. Haven't lived there in 15 years.

Froze my ass off at many, many Bills games at "Rich Stadium" in the glory years and in non-glory years....

The idea of a dome in Buffalo make me sick to my stomach.