So how would you like having a Ford Field in downtown Buffalo?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real benefit as a football fan for a roof is that we would host some superbowls in Buffalo. Is it really worth that?

Do you really think the NFL wants to host a Superbowl in Buffalo? Maybe, if Buffalo sucks enough NFL c#@k, and pays WAY too much money, they might get considered for a SB one day. Doubtful, but possible I suppose. Your use of the plural (Super Bowls) makes me laugh.

There is a 0% chance that the new stadium doesn't have a roof. It's about money not shirtless maniacs. My guess would be that it isn't retractable just from a money standpoint but it's possible. If I had to put percentages to it I would say 65% roof, 35% retractable and 0% open air.

Come on. 0%? Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Green Bay still have open air stadiums. Seattle went indoor to outdoor and they get more precipitation than we do. I am on record as saying it would be so weak if they had anything but an open air stadium. Would be so weird to tailgate outdoors for 4 hours and then walk inside. It's just the way I was raised. Actually surprised that I appear to be in the minority here.

Maybe not a SB but they can host final four, frozen four, etc.

Can they? I would suggest we don't have anything close to the quality and quantity of premium hotels and other infrastructure that would be demanded to host events of that caliber, but maybe I am wrong.

Further, whoever said this thread was about "the inevitable future in stadium construction based on harsh business realities" and so on? I thought this was a thread about "what do you want to see built, as a real fan of a football team?"

Born and bred; lived there to age of 29 or so. Haven't lived there in 15 years.

Froze my ass off at many, many Bills games at "Rich Stadium" in the glory years and in non-glory years....

The idea of a dome in Buffalo make me sick to my stomach.

LOL, just as I thought. Left town, assumed nothings changed. Do yourself a favor and check out "Pegulaville" and Canalside. It may not be Super Bowl worthy just yet but Terry Pegula is make schitt happen in Buffalo. Don't bet against him.

Come on. 0%? Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Green Bay still have open air stadiums. Seattle went indoor to outdoor and they get more precipitation than we do. I am on record as saying it would be so weak if they had anything but an open air stadium. Would be so weird to tailgate outdoors for 4 hours and then walk inside. It's just the way I was raised. Actually surprised that I appear to be in the minority here.

You may be in the minority, but you are not alone my friend.

Do you really think the NFL wants to host a Superbowl in Buffalo? Maybe, if Buffalo sucks enough NFL c#@k, and pays WAY too much money, they might get considered for a SB one day. Doubtful, but possible I suppose. Your use of the plural (Super Bowls) makes me laugh.

If the bills would get a roof, it's a guarantee they host a superbowl. What is the difference than the NFL hosting it in Detroit or Minnesota?

Meh. Buffalo, NY isn't hosting major events whether we have a roof on a football field or not. Come on man.

It's 5% other events and 95% appealing to a more corporate audience. It will 100% have a roof. As I understand, that isn't even being debated.

Every one of those places was built over 10 years ago. Lucas Oil and Ford Field are supposedly the models that the Bills will follow.

LOL, just as I thought. Left town, assumed nothings changed. Do yourself a favor and check out "Pegulaville" and Canalside. It may not be Super Bowl worthy just yet but Terry Pegula is make schitt happen in Buffalo. Don't bet against him.

I have many friends and family in Buffalo and visit several times a year, but feel free to make all the ignorant assumptions about an anonymous stranger on the internet you want. But be warned. You show your ignorance in doing so.

I have been to "Pegulaville" and you will note I have Terry Pegula as my avatar.

Guess what my friend? Buffalo still ain't hosting a Superbowl anytime soon. Feel free to delude yourself though.

People of your mindset actually hold WNY back; you don't push it forward.

If the bills would get a roof, it's a guarantee they host a superbowl. What is the difference than the NFL hosting it in Detroit or Minnesota?

Then they had better build a couple thousand more quality hotel rooms. Not sure the Hamburg motel 6 nor the econolodge on transit will do.

Hotels, for one. Niagara Falls Ont has accommodations, but crossing an international border might be too much to ask. And I wouldn't assume Buffalo builds about 10 more high quality hotels in the near future, simply because they get a closed stadium downtown. Someday, if Buffalo continues their "comeback" it might be a possibility.

It's 5% other events and 95% appealing to a more corporate audience.

You are correct on that point.

I have many friends and family in Buffalo and visit several times a year, but feel free to make all the ignorant assumptions about an anonymous stranger on the internet you want. But be warned. You show your ignorance in doing so.

I have been to "Pegulaville" and you will note I have Terry Pegula as my avatar.

Guess what my friend? Buffalo still ain't hosting a Superbowl anytime soon. Feel free to delude yourself though.

People of your mindset actually hold WNY back; you don't push it forward.

I can see that. Someone named "StopThePain" that doesn't see any progress in the city really boosts Buffalo.

Can they? I would suggest we don't have anything close to the quality and quantity of premium hotels and other infrastructure that would be demanded to host events of that caliber, but maybe I am wrong.

Further, whoever said this thread was about "the inevitable future in stadium construction based on harsh business realities" and so on? I thought this was a thread about "what do you want to see built, as a real fan of a football team?"

There is a lot of premium infrastructure over the border that is within driving distance that would be beneficial.

Then they had better build a couple thousand more quality hotel rooms. Not sure the Hamburg motel 6 nor the econolodge on transit will do.

It is kind of sad, isn't it? Only someone inside the WNY bubble and who hasn't spent a lot of time outside of it it thinks we are sure bet for the next Superbowl. Jesus Christ.

WNYers need to stick together and cherish what we have and what huge cities don't have...and try to hold onto it forever.

For me, that means a Lambeau Field type environment and a "thumb your nose" position to the rest of America.

Pretending that Buffalo is a major metropolitan area is just embarrassing for everyone involved.

Hotels, for one. Niagara Falls Ont has accommodations, but crossing an international border might be too much to ask. And I wouldn't assume Buffalo builds about 10 more high quality hotels in the near future, simply because they get a closed stadium downtown. Someday, if Buffalo continues their "comeback" it might be a possibility.

This is well said. Only those inside the WNY bubble wouldn't understand what you are talking about. Sadly.

You are correct on that point.

It is kind of sad, isn't it? Only someone inside the WNY bubble and who hasn't spent a lot of time outside of it it thinks we are sure bet for the next Superbowl. Jesus Christ.

WNYers need to stick together and cherish what we have and what huge cities don't have...and try to hold onto it forever.

For me, that means a Lambeau Field type environment and a "thumb your nose" position to the rest of America.

Pretending that Buffalo is a major metropolitan area is just embarrassing for everyone involved.

You should get a job at the Chamber of Commerce. Love that attitude.

You know Bills fans used to bring grills and kegs into the old War Memorial Stadium. That ended and somehow Bills football survives. I think it's okay to at least move into the 2000's.