How Much of a "Hometown" Crowd Can We Expect in the Motor City

patfitz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Carrier Dome would have been perfect and jam packed with fans. They can have NCAA games and high-lvl basketball but not football. Poor excuses and I dont understand why they would rather play in front of 5000 people (if they're lucky) then 40,000 people who would gladly pay for tickets. Don't get it.

The Carrier Dome would have been perfect and jam packed with fans. They can have NCAA games and high-lvl basketball but not football. Poor excuses and I dont understand why they would rather play in front of 5000 people (if they're lucky) then 40,000 people who would gladly pay for tickets. Don't get it.

Yep! There are a ton of Bills fans in Cuse that would have loved to see this game. Theres a ton of Jets fans there too. It's a mix of Bills, Giants, Jets, Steelers fans there so they would have loved this game

I think it is about a lot more than attendance numbers. And it isn't up to the Bills or the Jets, it is a league decision. I'm sure Bills would rather play closer to home and their fan base and in front of more fans in general, but as Russ said, they have a voice but not a real say. Edited by YoloinOhio

Are tickets for the game in Buffalo even being honored in Detroit?

As of right' date=' zunsure. Detroit told my sister to email buffalo since no one is in office. The tickets should b honred.

I have never and will never want to wish I'm still lived in Dumpoledo but if I did I would make the trip.

A girl I've known all my life thru family friend and is originally from WNY moved t the area and is a Bills fan with her husband. This would have been the first bills game they have attended. And they are in Buffalo now. They'll end up driving home to Toledo then hopefully get to go to the game in Detroit since its an hour away.

At least they're moving the game away from NYC, not toward it.

It looked like we'd finally get 8 real home games this year. London next year had better be an away game!

It is

Especially considering our Bills basically stole the game with the Lions and rubbed it in with the Schwartz victory celebration. Of course it probably won't be much different than it was in Toronto.

This is the scenario I envisioned on Sunday at the Ralph. It's 4th and inches from the Jests 41 and they go for it (well at least line up to go for it)! The crowd is so shocked and excited that it erupts in cheer so loud it causes a false start, resulting in a punt....

As far as the 10,000 that will be in attendance at Ford Field, it really shouldn't be an issue.

What do you think? Over under 30,000?

As of right now I can't find any info on how to get tickets (not that I'm going to be flying to Detroit) but I would guess under, unless they give them away. Even then, I would put 30k as the over under #.

"Have you any idea what the street value of that stadium is?!"

My brother makes this killer egg nog with lighter fluid.

If I were in town and tickets were $10, yeah I'd go. Why not? Do you not watch other teams on TV?

Yeah good teams, especially AFC ones given playoff implication for bills. But 2 teams from out of the conference, neither of which are very good? Probably not. And that's just aTV. Takes a lot more effort to actually go to the game, and in this case on a weeknight.

I'm surprised they're not charging like ten dollars a ticket for charity or something.

@RapSheet: #Lions will operate a 50/50 raffle @ #Jets-#Bills. Proceeds benefiting American Red Cross of Western & Central New York Disaster Relief Fund

@ttwentyman: Free tickets for Monday night are being distributed via email to Bills and Lions season ticket members today via Flash Seats