IF Game is Monday, will it be televised nationally? (update: On DTV)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's @Directv on twitter for those of you who want to fill their timelines with pleas to broadcast the game.

DTV is absolutely going to want to televise...you need to fill the ESPN twitter feed, as they are the ones , and maybe the NFL, don't want to hurt the ratings , or he exclusivity, of MNF.

I think it will be available on DirectV so the local drinking establishments the country can show the Game.

As opposed to already being able to show Monday Night Football?

DTV is absolutely going to want to televise...you need to fill the ESPN twitter feed, as they are the ones , and maybe the NFL, don't want to hurt the ratings , or he exclusivity, of MNF.

You would think so since they paid for the right to broadcast the game

just called up directv. wont be showing game on sunday ticket because game isnt being played on sunday.

Well, I can hardly believe some mook from DrirectTV who you talked to on the phone would really have ANY idea of what they are going to to at this point. I think I'll wait until we get some official word. But you be sure to make other plans based on your, clearly very high level, phone call.

And id bet a big part buying out espn who likely has exclusivity agreements in place on Mnf

Would hv been so much easier if they just moved it to Tuesday instead of Monday

Round trip airfare to Detroit going to cost me $438. Is the ticket to the game free?

That's a good question bc I haven't seen anything regarding tickets

So unlike the old days you can't even go to Buffalo Wild Wings or whatever...and have them dial up the Buffalo or NYC CBS affiliate feed. Most of the sports bars have Directv and use Sunday Ticket. So basically if you're not in the markets already scheduled to show the game you're screwed. This is terrible news for out of market Bills fans who already paid to have Sunday ticket to watch Bills games.

I know that several times in the past games have moved due to extenuating circumstances (hurricane, roof collapse, etc.) - is this the first game to be moved where the only way to see it will be to live in the local broadcast area? It seems every other time a game was moved it was broadcast somehow - it'll be just my luck that I won't be able to see the game - so glad I paid hundreds of dollars so that DTV could pay the NFL $1.5 billion a season - the league really seems to care about people like me.

When they say "Buffalo and NY markets" does that literally mean Buffalo and NYC only? I live 45 mins north of Albany does that fall in the market"?

Peter King@SI_PeterKingFollow

Monday night Jets-Bills TV: Only CBS TV. No NFL Net. New York, Buffalo CBS afiliates. Erie, Pa., and 6 upstate NY CBS affiliates.

9:25 PM - 20 Nov 2014

This has to be most if not all of upstate NY.

Edited by Vinny4sum

You can listen on Sirius nfl radio. I have the app so pay an extra $2 a month on top of radio payment. I'm able to get on my I-pad, I-phone, etc. it still sucks though not to be able to watch.

I wonder would it be on the red zone?

I'm betting it will be on DirecTV...but that decision has yet to be made.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/jets-bills-game-will-be-on-cbs-locally-no-word-on-national-tv/

At the moment the only thing we know is that viewers in New York and Buffalo can watch the game on CBS. The NFL is expected to announce on Friday whether viewers anywhere else can see the game.

From the PFT piece:

The fairest solution for fans would be to make the game available to DirecTV Sunday Ticket subscribers: If you pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, you’re paying for every game. If you’re a Jets or Bills fan who lives outside New York or Buffalo and you purchased Sunday Ticket specifically to watch your team, you’re getting a raw deal if that game isn’t available on the Sunday Ticket package.

In 2010, when the NFL had to move a Giants-Vikings game to Detroit because snow damaged the Metrodome, that game was available to the local affiliates and on Sunday Ticket.

At the moment the only thing we know is that viewers in New York and Buffalo can watch the game on CBS. The NFL is expected to announce on Friday whether viewers anywhere else can see the game.

The precedent is there to have the game on Sunday Ticket.

From the PFT piece:

The precedent is there to have the game on Sunday Ticket.

Problem is, and I forgot earlier, that was a Tuesday so there were likely less moving parts. I bet Monday night comes with extra challenges. Hopefully it'll happen though